News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

winged warriors meet in alabama [ca 1986 or so] slide show

Started by Tom Q, August 30, 2013, 05:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Q

Paging Doug S... I have about 100 pictures in the form of slides from the winged warrior meet in Anniston AL  that i will gladly donate to you if you will have then scanned and post them on here.  Many are of the cars in motion!

PM me

djcarguy

wood love too see the cars and paint jobs of the mid 80es. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Aero426

Aero426

Gas stop on the way to Talladega in 1988.    The Cordoba (400 lean burn) is pulling the Superbird behind it.    Regular was 99 cents a gallon.

69charger2002

I would love to see the footage as well! I'm sure my previous owner was there.. He was from near Birmingham. I have a lot of cool photos from a winged meet and there are tons of them following each other on the interstate.. Not sure what year it was.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

djcarguy

looks like 6 wing cars in that pix..   man the stuff we use too tow with, yah they could pull it. but fast stops or blow outs were risky with that much car an trailer pushing ya down the road. i tow bared a 69 dart with my 69 dart,was all good till first big down hill.was a harry ride but saved them..

yes more old wing pixs please? :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Tom Q

OK Doug
will mail this coming week
There are some great pics on there, esp the ones taken from the rental car while the "parade" was on the interstate

remta1

Quote from: djcarguy on August 30, 2013, 11:19:43 AM
 looks like 6 wing cars in that pix..   man the stuff we use too tow with, yah they could pull it. but fast stops or blow outs were risky with that much car an trailer pushing ya down the road. i tow bared a 69 dart with my 69 dart,was all good till first big down hill.was a harry ride but saved them..

yes more old wing pixs please? :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

6 , well spotted  :cheers:

Aero426

Quote from: Tom Q on August 31, 2013, 04:50:04 AM
OK Doug
will mail this coming week
There are some great pics on there, esp the ones taken from the rental car while the "parade" was on the interstate

Thanks Tom.   Look forward to seeing and sharing them.

Aero426

This one is also from 1988, taken from up top of the museum.  

I think the box trailer in the back belonged to 3Daytona for his red Daytona.   One of the first enclosed trailers to show up.   It sat up pretty high.  Loading and unloading was sort of a production as I recall.   

djcarguy

I have never seen that many wing cars together in my life..  iirc the most i ever saw was maybe 7 wings at Woodburn dragstrip in oregon . that wood have been back in like 85-89,iirc 5-6 birds an 1 daytona an it could have been danes if he was showing back then. may have pixs stached away as i use too take alot in those yrs as my 67 ragtop was fresh an i was going too shows.

guess that or ocd alittle may bee why i study wing car pixs an count the cars?  the last pix i see 21 wingcars an nose of what looks to bee 2 more wing cars too the far left for a total of 23???  :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :o :o :o :cheers:

i have 7 out side the fence,3 daytonas and 4 superbirds???  were they late to get in?lol.. :o

in fence, 14 wingcars an 2 bird noses far left, 2 daytonas an 12-14 birds?? flocked together.

1 of birds a real live  war bird race car.. so by this time custom paint jobs were disappearing already it looks like? maybee ocd but i enjoyed the pix. thanks an it was fun killing time studing and dreaming. was 10 when i saw new wing cars in medford oregon an been dreaming  40 some years now.. thanks more old group pix please.DJ  :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Aero426

1988, leaving the hotel for the race track.

Aero426

1988, view from roof of the Sheraton.   That office park was a great place to have the cars.