News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt restoration

Started by mopar4don, September 01, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgold69

sorry for yours and your son and his wives loss  its hard for you to understand why  but just be there for your son and his wife  you and your family will be in my prayers   jim

djcarguy

So very sorry to hear of your family's big loss.sure a cute little angel girl .What Jim said above keep a good eye on all your family,son an wife have a lot to work thru.Seems couples that lose a child greive an deal with it at different times an heal at diff rate. Do they have other kids?

All our hearts an prayers are with you all.God bless an keep you all .  david  DJ on here 

Bronzedodge

Sorry for your and your family's loss, Don.
Mopar forever!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

kent

I'm so sorry for your families loss Don.
Kent

VegasCharger

OMG Don so sad.  :( :(

You take all the time you need for healing. Keep being there for your son & daughter-in-law.

Eventually you find your way back to your passion. And if your emotions get in the way, throw the tools down and go back to more healing.

My prayers go out to you, your son, your daughter-in-law and family.

Your grand daughter is an Angel  :angel:

chargermick

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful little girl! You and your family will be in our prayers.

Pat1973charger

Oh wow, so very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what your going through let alone your son and his wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take the time needed to heal and help your son and his wife heal from this. As you once told me, family is the most important thing, these cars will be waiting for us when we're ready for them. Stay strong Don!

mopar4don

I would like to thank each and every one who expressed there sympathy and for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot!

My family and I are doing well.
Don

birdsandbees

Thank you for checking in Don! Losing children isn't how life is supposed to work. It can be a dark road to go down for some. me included. Get back on that car!!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

mopar4don

Quote from: birdsandbees on February 05, 2020, 01:55:52 PM
Thank you for checking in Don! Losing children isn't how life is supposed to work. It can be a dark road to go down for some. me included. Get back on that car!!  :yesnod:
Thanks Wayne, I do know what you mean about that dark road, those 1st few weeks were not good!

And yes, I am back on the car, updates to come

mopar4don

Time to update this thread.
I got the foot wells and rear seat pan in

mopar4don

At this point, next would be the trunk floor, but before I welded it in I needed to find out why I had to put so much pressure on the rear of the quarter to pull it up to get it to align to the rear body panels.

What I found was the outer tub at the wheel arch lip was interfering and holding the back of the quarter from pulling up and aligning properly.
So because the wheel wells were already welded in, I decided to slice the outer lip off.

mopar4don

Once I was satisfied that the quarter would fit I prepped the trunk pan

mopar4don

and welded it in

mopar4don

then I ground the welds down and sprayed etch primer

mopar4don

Then I welded the inner wells to the floor

mopar4don

And welded in the spare tire brackets

mopar4don

My grandson and puppy approve!

hemi-hampton

I noticed in the past that it seems the aftermarket B Body rear wheel wells were all the same & one size fits all. Problem is not all quarter panels are the same so not all quarter panels will fit with out modifications. Considering all the welding your doing on this massive project I think a huge full size Industrial Spot Welder would be Perfect for your job & make the job much easier. I have one at work & had to use it on the Brand New zero miles Chrysler Cars I repaired that got Damaged in Transit before Delivery from Factory. From my experience this would of helped you greatly. So far good work, can't wait to see it done. LEON.

mopar4don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 22, 2020, 03:32:06 PM
I noticed in the past that it seems the aftermarket B Body rear wheel wells were all the same & one size fits all. Problem is not all quarter panels are the same so not all quarter panels will fit with out modifications. Considering all the welding your doing on this massive project I think a huge full size Industrial Spot Welder would be Perfect for your job & make the job much easier. I have one at work & had to use it on the Brand New zero miles Chrysler Cars I repaired that got Damaged in Transit before Delivery from Factory. From my experience this would of helped you greatly. So far good work, can't wait to see it done. LEON.
Leon,
I looked at some of the cheaper spot welders but in the end just could not justify it. (I am not rich)
And If I had to do it over I would NOT have welded the wheel wells in! I should have put them in with screws untill all the body panels were fit!
O well, live and learn!

hemi-hampton

I know they are expensive, I wonder if you could buy a used one like ours cheap. if I ever quit where I'm at I'd like to buy theirs when I leave. I screw all my parts together before I weld. your doing so much of the car that you'd really have to screw the whole entire car together, not sure that's possible in your case. Anyways, good work so far :2thumbs: LEON.

mopar4don

what do you have or use? (gonna make a mental note)

Bronzedodge

I can mention this - the Horrible Freight model would likely hit the frame rail, doing the welds in that one pic.  I bought one lightly used.  Haven't used it much - it is not tolerant of anything other than bare clean metal though.

What is the red spray - weld through primer?
Mopar forever!

hemi-hampton

Quote from: mopar4don on February 22, 2020, 07:09:29 PM
what do you have or use? (gonna make a mental note)

I'll take a look & maybe a Picture Tomorrow when I'm at Work. LEON.