News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird wrecked

Started by odcics2, September 02, 2013, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 02, 2013, 11:56:31 PM

How did the orange 'Bird pull out into oncoming traffic (making a left I guess?) and end up being hit almost squarely head-on like that?  That seems like a strange way to wreck. 

She pulled out of the gas station and (I guess) misjudged the lanes & started driving in the oncoming left turn lane.  :eek2:

ply64post

Mopar Nut

I'm glad to see nobody was hurt.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Aero426

Depending on how familiar you are with the surroundings, this is probably a lot easier to do than some would think.   

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Aero426 on September 03, 2013, 09:03:00 AM
Depending on how familiar you are with the surroundings, this is probably a lot easier to do than some would think.   

That is definately true.

Speedfreak

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 03, 2013, 09:48:15 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on September 03, 2013, 09:03:00 AM

That is definately true.

Definitely, around here some lady went the wrong way on the expressway, she was wasted and had a van full of kids, all died.

odcics2

Even happens to pro drivers....

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

70moparman

Poor Bird!!!   :rotz:  :'( That would of made me sick...   :icon_smile_dissapprove:  And I probably would of beat the other driver with part of the nosecone... :RantExplode:

Aero426

Quote from: 70moparman on September 04, 2013, 03:48:45 PM
Poor Bird!!!   :rotz:  :'( That would of made me sick...   :icon_smile_dissapprove:  And I probably would of beat the other driver with part of the nosecone... :RantExplode:

Was. Not. The. Other. Driver's. Fault.  

Bad deal all the way around for everyone involved.    Poor Bird indeed.  :pity:

Aero426

Cotton would have liked to have beaten Buddy with part of the nose cone.   

RTDaddy

Quote from: odcics2 on September 04, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

Buddy ran into the back of James Hylton while leading under caution trying to read the pit board.  1969 Texas 500.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

hemi68charger

Quote from: RTDaddy on September 04, 2013, 05:20:44 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on September 04, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

Buddy ran into the back of James Hylton while leading under caution trying to read the pit board.  1969 Texas 500.

The race Bobby Issac won, no? First race at Texas World Speedway.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70moparman

Quote from: Aero426 on September 04, 2013, 03:54:40 PM
Quote from: 70moparman on September 04, 2013, 03:48:45 PM
Poor Bird!!!   :rotz:  :'( That would of made me sick...   :icon_smile_dissapprove:  And I probably would of beat the other driver with part of the nosecone... :RantExplode:

Was. Not. The. Other. Driver's. Fault.  

Bad deal all the way around for everyone involved.    Poor Bird indeed.  :pity:
Whoops ~ Sorry about that... I ASSUMED anyone behind the wheel of a Superbird to be a car guy, and naturally thought some bone-head in a Honda caused the wreck...  I guess instead of beating the other driver with part of the nosecone, I would take out a home equity line of credit on my house and start looking for a front-end... (after i was done throwing up for a few hours first) :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove:

*Forget the high cost of the replacement parts, you would be lucky to even locate them at this point in time, yet alone find somoene willing to sell what they have...  It will be like a long, painful scavenger hunt for parts...  Ahhhhhhhh!
I cant immage a more expensive muscle car front end to replace, except a Daytona of course... Man what a bummer

GOTWING

$60,000 IN DAMAGE EASY..  :eek2:

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

6PakBee

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 02, 2013, 11:58:26 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 02, 2013, 04:58:07 PM
Never fixed parted it out
Build a clone to drive instead :)

I agree.  How much fun is driving a wing car in public when you are in constant fear of it being in an accident?  Or stolen?  Or vandalized?  :shruggy:

held1823

Quote from: 6PakBee on September 05, 2013, 08:27:26 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 02, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Build a clone to drive instead :)

I agree.  How much fun is driving a wing car in public when you are in constant fear of it being in an accident?  Or stolen?  Or vandalized?  :shruggy:

i'd say the owner was having a hell of a lot of fun
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

I agree.  How much fun is driving a wing car in public when you are in constant fear of it being in an accident?  Or stolen?  Or vandalized?  :shruggy:

It is a ridiculous amount of fun to have these cars out, especially on the open road.   The only things that really concern me out there are real heavy traffic at speed, and weather.   But mostly weather.

Clone or not,  you cannot foresee every circumstance.  Cars burn down in locked garages too.   You can only do your best to try and protect yourself by driving defensively.    Hopefully the owner of the Bird has the right insurance.

If you live in fear, perhaps the 1/18 ERTL version is the right car to own. 

maxwellwedge

GOTWING

nascarxx29

A pleasure to own and drive a wingcar I did it 7 days a week as a regular driver comuter car .But you do got to keep your guard up because of the attention it draws and distractions it can create
I used to breathe a sigh of relief pulling up my friends driveway returning his car back to Maryland after I was done maintence.
And still look behind me while sitting at a light after being severly rear ended in the old superbird
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

62 Max

I drive mine and enjoy it,if I would have to worry about something happening I would just as soon not own it.Two weeks ago it got over 400 mi in one day,central PA to front Royal,VA,over the Skyline Drive to Rock Fish Gap and home,never worried for one minute,been doing it since I finished it 20 yrs ago and ten yrs before that and it's still in one piece !!

Redbird

So much as no one appears to have been hurt, life is fine.

The idea that cars like these are worth too much to drive, and therefore folks would worry too much when they drive them is just absurd. Real cars are not worth that much. If it is metal or plastic it can be fixed, if someone has the kind of personality where they wouldn't drive a car there are 1/18 scale models-as someone else has said. If folks just want to keep a bookend in the garage that is fine too.

The idea of causing bodily harm to someone after the fact of a fender bender is well..... how do people even respond to that? It is just a car.

6PakBee

Quote from: Aero426 on September 05, 2013, 09:58:38 AM

It is a ridiculous amount of fun to have these cars out, especially on the open road.   The only things that really concern me out there are real heavy traffic at speed, and weather.   But mostly weather.

Clone or not,  you cannot foresee every circumstance.  Cars burn down in locked garages too.   You can only do your best to try and protect yourself by driving defensively.    Hopefully the owner of the Bird has the right insurance.

If you live in fear, perhaps the 1/18 ERTL version is the right car to own. 

Yuk, yuk, yuk, boy was that a funny one there  :rofl: :rofl:  Getting serious again, apparently you have no problem driving your original wing car like a daily driver.  If it gets wrecked, so what.  If it costs $40,000-$60,000 to get it repaired, so what.  You my friend, apparently have more money than I will ever have.  And don't mention the 'I' word, insurance.  They don't give policies with that kind of coverage away for nothing.