News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger Proper Seat Knob?

Started by cjw916, September 07, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjw916

My '68 has been missing the front-to-back adjustment knob since I bought my car 25 years ago. I saw these seat release knobs, ordered them, thinking they might belong on the rear, and maybe the small knobs I have on the back belong on the side?

Anyone know which knob belongs on the '68 seat latch release lever?

Anyone know which knob belongs on the '68 front-to-back adjustment lever?

BTW, I have new hinge side covers, and new seat foams & covers are next, want to know proper placement for when seat resto occurs. . .

Thanks,

Christopher

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cjw916

Excellent! I've already ordered 2 of the plastic knobs!

Seats resto, here we come!

cjw916

Just 6T9,

Do you know of anyone that makes buddy seat armrest cover? I am still looking at different suppliers for front & back seats covers & front seat foams. My first thought was to order two rear seat sets & my local upholstery guru could cut & paste to cover the buddy seat.

Does anyone make buddy seat cover?

Who would you recommend for front seat foams?

Who would you recommend for seat covers?

Thanks.

bull

My 68 has the smaller chrome knobs on the seat back release (pic 2) and the black plastic knobs like Chris posted on the front/rear adjustment. I have seen those t-handle knobs on Chargers but I don't recall which year I was seeing. It may have been one of those things they switched to mid year but based on your seatbelt retractor it looks like you have an early one.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Legendary Interiors should be able to help you out with the covers & foams

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/

Curtis...could it be a '68 thing for the rear chrome knob?  :scratchchin:  Anyone else with a '68 can confirm?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cjw916

Thanks for the referral.

I'm always looking for better quality/better pricing than Classic Industries or Year One provides.

I'll check Legendary out!

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 07, 2013, 08:11:55 PM
Legendary Interiors should be able to help you out with the covers & foams

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/

Curtis...could it be a '68 thing for the rear chrome knob?  :scratchchin:  Anyone else with a '68 can confirm?

Yeah,, it could be a 68 thing or even an early/late 68 thing. Hopefully some others will chime in to verify but I'm relatively sure the t-handle is not a 68 thing.

cjw916

The knob was advertised as for '68-'69 A&B-Bodies, but then the bag it came in said in large letters '69 Charger Seat Knob, with 'fits '68-'69 Charger' in tiny letters below. I should have known the description was wrong. They have the wrong year on plenty of items. It would fit, if I took pliers to break mine off. I think I'll just work around my small knobs when I detail the frames & keep the originals. :-)

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md2035.html

bull

Well, wait until some more people chime in before you commit. I was wondering how someone would get the old handles off. I didn't see any way to get them off short of brute force so I worked around them.

cjw916

The new T-shaped repros come with a C-shaped double anchor spring in the bag. I'm sure the factory small knobs are wedged on the same way, so I doubt there is any way to get them off without destroying them. . .  Maybe you could get two thin strips of metal in there to release the anchor cleats, then get the clip out of the knob & re-bend the anchors for re-install? I'm sure I'd probably destroy the little knob trying to do all that. My luck.

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC my original knob is retained with an allen screw....

PS----for the best prices on Legendary stuff, Give Dante a call 

http://www.dantesparts.com/seatcover.html

Tell him you are a member of Moparts.com or here at DC.com for a discount.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cjw916