News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Status of my Daytona Build

Started by panhead, September 30, 2013, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

Good day folks,

Here are a few more pictures from today.
Working on the front suspension today and have that mostly competed, with the exception on the shocks.
I bought these quite a while back, so this is my own fault. Was not smart enough to check the shocks when I received them, who though that you needed to right?
So I was going to install them today and much to my surprise they are not the same...  The part number's was on the packaging...
Look at the last picture and you'll see the difference, the one on the right is the correct one, the other who knows.

Curt     
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

panhead

Good day folks,

Here's a little more updates.
Brakes are competed.  :2thumbs:
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

And the last for now.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day folks,

Here is a small update, with the engine installed and fluids topped off I proceeded to light it off.   
And much to my surprise I had power in the run position and nothing on the start position of the switch. After a bit of winding my a$$ and scratching my watch, I found the problem.
This was a new ignition switch and it was broken on the inside (aftermarket) so I got and old switch from (wingman) and made what I needed. And in the last picture the tach is working!!!

Curt

69' Dodge Charger 500

Livinglife442

That is a very nice car!  I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product.  I'm new to the site and I'm already thrilled at what I'm seeing.   :2thumbs: 

Eric J.
Illinois
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
** Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

panhead

Quote from: Livinglife442 on August 28, 2020, 09:38:24 AM
That is a very nice car!  I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product.  I'm new to the site and I'm already thrilled at what I'm seeing.   :2thumbs: 

Eric J.
Illinois

Welcome to the forum Eric, and thank you.
This is a great site where you can ask questions and learn a lot, not to mention the knowledge and the outstanding people here as well  :yesnod:

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

taxspeaker

Curt

With great excitement I have read your updates for a 1/2 dozen years. Your patience is beyond belief and exceeded by your desire for perfection. If Creative Industries had done this level of work they would have never made enough Daytona's to meet the NASCAR requirements and the restoration market would have nothing to sell to us! You sir are to be commended and honored. Thank you for the ride. When you are ready to take it out on the road I would love to come to Kansas to ride along (but behind) to see it in action. I think the Kansas mafia owes you in particular and us all a car show at a weekend in say mid-October for you to debut the car to the national, dare I say, world-wide acclaim. Congratulations for a job above and beyond and thanks for the pictures and progress as you near the end of the journey!

So are you thinking what will be next? A Turbine car clone would be nice  ;)
Bob

panhead

Quote from: taxspeaker on August 30, 2020, 07:01:20 PM
Curt

With great excitement I have read your updates for a 1/2 dozen years. Your patience is beyond belief and exceeded by your desire for perfection. If Creative Industries had done this level of work they would have never made enough Daytona's to meet the NASCAR requirements and the restoration market would have nothing to sell to us! You sir are to be commended and honored. Thank you for the ride. When you are ready to take it out on the road I would love to come to Kansas to ride along (but behind) to see it in action. I think the Kansas mafia owes you in particular and us all a car show at a weekend in say mid-October for you to debut the car to the national, dare I say, world-wide acclaim. Congratulations for a job above and beyond and thanks for the pictures and progress as you near the end of the journey!

So are you thinking what will be next? A Turbine car clone would be nice  ;)
Bob

Bob,
All I can say is thank you very much for the kind words, and it would be my honor to meet you and do a ride along with you and the Kansas mafia sometime in the future. I still have a long way to go yet. I've been reworking my hood. I don't like the way it turned out from the body shop among some other things.  

As far as the next project goes (Turbine car would be cool!!) is my wife's call  

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day folks,

Here's another small update,
After getting the ignition switch straighten out and the car running, I noticed that the temp, and fuel gauge wasn't working. It has all new OER gauges, circuit board, and voltage limiter.
So, I made a tester (C-3826) that the service manual calls to test all the gauges while still in the vehicle. It's crud, but hey it works. I found out that all my sending units were bad, and all my gauges are good!!! Was not looking forward to pulling the cluster out. You can see the fuel gauge being tested.

Curt    
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Quote from: panhead on September 02, 2020, 04:32:35 PM
Good day folks,

Here's another small update,
After getting the ignition switch straighten out and the car running, I noticed that the temp, and fuel gauge wasn't working. It has all new OER gauges, circuit board, and voltage limiter.
So, I made a tester (C-3826) that the service manual calls to test all the gauges while still in the vehicle. It's crud, but hey it works. I found out that all my sending were bad, and all my gauges are good!!! Was not looking forward to pulling the cluster out. You can see the fuel gauge being tested

Curt   
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day folks,

It's been a while, Been busy doing other things
In the last picture you'll see a set screw for the cross shaft, this allows you to adjust your omhs alone with the tabs. I had the set screw to tight to where it would not let the float arm travel freely.
That's all I have for now.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

KurtfromLaQuinta

To Curt!
Real nice build going on here... nice and thorough too!
I hope things are going well on you end... it's been awhile since you posted last.

From Kurt!

panhead

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on January 27, 2021, 11:48:33 PM
To Curt!
Real nice build going on here... nice and thorough too!
I hope things are going well on you end... it's been awhile since you posted last.

From Kurt!

Hello Kurt, Thank you and welcome to the forum!  :2thumbs:

All is well on my end of the world, just doing other things at the moment.
I'll get back on it hopefully here pretty soon.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day folks

Well I finally have my other task completed (my wife's harley) now I can get back on the Daytona  :2thumbs:
I made a adapter for my motorcycle lift so I can assemble and install the nose cone by myself.
Enjoy

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day folks,

Well I assembled the nose to check for fit, and things are looking pretty good. Just need to give it a bath and then get it ready for a repaint. Not happy with the finish...

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

KurtfromLaQuinta

Nice stuff again.
I think I missed something... not the first time. Where did the nose come from?

panhead

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on April 20, 2021, 10:38:47 PM
Nice stuff again.

Sorry for the delay, I've been installing new floors in the house.

I made it about 5+years ago

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: panhead on April 23, 2021, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on April 20, 2021, 10:38:47 PM
Nice stuff again.

Sorry for the delay, I've been installing new floors in the house.

I made it about 5+years ago

Curt
Real nice work!
I expect nothing less from C/ Kurts.  :icon_smile_big:

panhead

Good day folks,

It's been a while, but this is the latest...

I painted the underside of the hood and noticed something wasn't right about the shade of black. The paint chip is body color, and the picture tells the rest. So round two I had the chip matched and it's a lot better now!

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

tan top

last two pictures look good  :2thumbs:

seen something like that before with the milky grayish shade of black, looks  kind of similar to using a black tinter ( depending on what paint manufacturer  ) straight off the mixing scheme , & using that !  with out actually mixing the correct paint formula black. side note people think black is black but there hundreds if not thousands of black automotive paint formulas ,  do 4 spary outs  from 4 different  car manufactures black paint codes ,  line them up together one might look   a bluish black  one an orangy / brownish black   nother a grayish black , &  one might look really black  a  black black color :P  ,  but separate all the sprayouts  they all look black black  ;) more often than not straight solid black will have three or 4  more different color tinters in the mix as well as the black tinter .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

panhead

Quote from: tan top on June 24, 2021, 05:03:56 PM
last two pictures look good  :2thumbs:

seen something like that before with the milky grayish shade of black, looks  kind of similar to using a black tinter ( depending on what paint manufacturer  ) straight off the mixing scheme , & using that !  with out actually mixing the correct paint formula black. side note people think black is black but there hundreds if not thousands of black automotive paint formulas ,  do 4 spary outs  from 4 different  car manufactures black paint codes ,  line them up together one might look   a bluish black  one an orangy / brownish black   nother a grayish black , &  one might look really black  a  black black color :P  ,  but sepprate all the sprayouts  they all look black black  ;) more often than not straight solid black will have three or 4  more different color tinters in the mix as well as the black tinter .

Thank you sir   :2thumbs:

I was amazed at the many shades of black that's out there. The color that matched the chip has 3 tints in it if I remember correctly.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Good day Folks,

Not a lot to update, but I do have the top of the hood painted  :2thumbs: and the fender scoops

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

mopar4don

Quote from: panhead on August 12, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
Good day Folks,

Not a lot to update, but I do have the top of the hood painted  :2thumbs: and the fender scoops

Curt

Wow that 2nd pic is interesting. You painted half of the hood then snapped the pic? It looks like it was buffed. Are you using single stage paint?

What color is it?

panhead

Quote from: mopar4don on August 13, 2021, 07:50:47 AM
Quote from: panhead on August 12, 2021, 02:26:47 PM
Good day Folks,

Curt

Wow that 2nd pic is interesting. You painted half of the hood then snapped the pic? It looks like it was buffed. Are you using single stage paint?

Good day sir,
I painted the top side of the hood in base clear. I took that  picture when it was halfway done with the buffing

What color is it?

It's black

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html