News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fred's Birds

Started by Fred, October 05, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: JB400 on June 23, 2018, 12:53:20 PM
If they're like the pigeons in my area, I bet they're a mess to have around.  

Do they have a nice song to them?

Oddly enough there's no mess with the Kookaburras even when they sit around all day. The Magpies and Currawong on the other hand leave splotches everywhere. (one lot white the other purple) But now that we have Pippa patrolling the yard they tend to pass through rather than hang around so no more bird droppings.

Kookaburras don't sing, they laugh. It's a sound we never get sick of. If I had to define Australia I would sum it up in one word....kookaburra.
The Magpies have a lovely trill. The Currawong make a sort of haunting sound.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

So, if I show up in Australia, and get laughed at when I get off the plane, that's a good thing? :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Better than being shat on!!!  :icon_smile_big:

XH29N0G

Spent the first several days wondering what that sound was - thought some sort of wounded cat - but not right - then I learned about currawongs.  The other sounds boggle my mind.  My favorite was a bunch of chiming wedgebills singing in the round. 

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

I love the haunting sound of the Currawong as they come through every Autumn. Some hand around all year but the majority just pass through.

Have you ever heard possums screaming in the night? If you're not familiar with that sound it can scare the pants off you. (or worse  :icon_smile_big: )

Fred

Galah's sitting on the power lines across the road........

We are looking forward to having king parrots around and the other Victorian species when we move there.

We will miss our family of Magpies though when we move. Been hand feeding them for about a year now and they are so tame, almost like pets really.