News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fred's Birds

Started by Fred, October 05, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Butcher bird.......

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Can't get any work done.......

Fred

For those that aren't familiar with it, that's a flowering gum.

Fred

Fred

Female King

ws23rt

Great pictures--   Oh and I presume you don't have cats?    Mine love to bird watch but they are not into hunting.  (so far :-\)

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on October 06, 2013, 08:29:39 PM
Great pictures--   Oh and I presume you don't have cats?    Mine love to bird watch but they are not into hunting.  (so far :-\)

Not anymore Bruce. We did have when we first moved up here some 30 years ago as we weren't going to leave them behind but we decided we wouldn't own anymore after they passed on.

ws23rt

Thanks for posting a pic of your old friends.  I understand your decision about adopting more.
Mine are rescue from my sisters passing and they may last as long as I do but their life and company here is a done deal. :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on October 06, 2013, 07:54:56 PM
Right on Fred, I was hoping to see some kooks, you didn't disappoint.

Happy to oblige  :2thumbs:

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 06, 2013, 08:11:09 AM
absolutely awesome fred. thanks. :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 06, 2013, 08:07:58 PM
Is that a Bessey clamp I see on the ground?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 06, 2013, 09:55:10 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 06, 2013, 08:07:58 PM
Is that a Bessey clamp I see on the ground?

No, it belongs to me!  :icon_smile_big:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 06, 2013, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on October 06, 2013, 08:29:39 PM

Not anymore Bruce. We did have when we first moved up here some 30 years ago as we weren't going to leave them behind but we decided we wouldn't own anymore after they passed on.

That's it, I'm coming back as a cat!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

twodko

Dogs have owners.......cats have staff. Just sayin'.....
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: twodko on October 07, 2013, 11:23:33 AM
Dogs have owners.......cats have staff. Just sayin'.....
How true.

burnout.dawg

I have cats, so I don't entice the birds with baths or seed...kinda like inviting them to the smorgasbord where they are the main course. Love the pictures Fred. Your birds are much more colorful than what we see around here.

Fred

Quote from: burnout.dawg on October 07, 2013, 07:55:58 PM
I have cats, so I don't entice the birds with baths or seed...kinda like inviting them to the smorgasbord where they are the main course. Love the pictures Fred. Your birds are much more colorful than what we see around here.

Our ground birds such as the yellow breasted robin is slowly disappearing as more and more people moving to the hills have cats. When we first moved up here, they were in abundance.  They'd actually sit close by when we were digging in the garden and weren't at all shy grabbing any worms or grubs that surfaced.
And even though we have a cat curfew in place,not to many people are abiding by it.

Fred

Crimson Rosellas

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2013, 10:02:20 PM
And even though we have a cat curfew in place,not to many people are abiding by it.
Do the cats abide by this curfew? Our cats run wild here.  :o

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 07, 2013, 10:56:42 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2013, 10:02:20 PM
Do the cats abide by this curfew? Our cats run wild here.  :o

Are you kidding! Cats don't abide to anything. They're a law unto themselves.  :lol:

Fred

Interestingly enough though, Burmese are wonderful cats. Our two cats (pictured) both fetched. If you threw a small ball or other object, the cats would chase it down and bring it back and lay it at our feet ready for another throw.

Not only that, they would also go into the neighbours yards and steal small objects and bring them home. One time one of our cats pinched a cardigan off a chair left outside and dragged it home. I saw her coming up the driveway with it and every so often she'd stop and look about her to make sure she wasn't being chased down. I had to keep returning neighbours property and pretty soon, if anything went missing, the neighbours new where to come.

One time one of them pinched a hat form the new neighbour (she was outside gardening and took it off)  and after the woman had finished I saw her looking all around for it totally bemused. It was too funny. I didn't give it back till the next day.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2013, 11:15:02 PM
Interestingly enough though, Burmese are wonderful cats. Our two cats (pictured) both fetched. If you threw a small ball or other object, the cats would chase it down and bring it back and lay it at our feet ready for another throw.

Not only that, they would also go into the neighbours yards and steal small objects and bring them home. One time one of our cats pinched a cardigan off a chair left outside and dragged it home. I saw her coming up the driveway with it and every so often she'd stop and look about her to make sure she wasn't being chased down. I had to keep returning neighbours property and pretty soon, if anything went missing, the neighbours new where to come.

One time one of them pinched a hat form the new neighbour (she was outside gardening and took it off)  and after the woman had finished I saw her looking all around for it totally bemused. It was too funny. I didn't give it back till the next day.
Could I borrow your cats, I need a Hemi shipped from Austrialia.

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 07, 2013, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2013, 11:15:02 PM

One time one of them pinched a hat form the new neighbour (she was outside gardening and took it off)  and after the woman had finished I saw her looking all around for it totally bemused. It was too funny. I didn't give it back till the next day.
Could I borrow your cats, I need a Hemi shipped from Austrialia.

Ha ha!! Sadly both cats have passed on now. Besides, I don't know of any cat that can cart home an elephant.
By the way, this is Mrs. Fred. I wrote that about the cats but forgot to sign my name. My schizophrenia sometimes leaves me confused.

Mrs. Fred

Mopar Nut

Well hello Mrs Fred, sure would love to have a backyard like yours.

Fred

Thankyou John, it is pretty special. And not only is it a haven for birds, all animals are welcome. During our last drought even the resident Echidna had a hard time finding water. He was just going round in circles so Fred said to me......he thinks the Echidna is looking for water so I went and put some out for him and this is the result..........  
He spent a good 10 minutes just drinking.

Mopar Nut