News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets write a best seller.

Started by Fred, October 06, 2013, 12:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 06, 2013, 01:17:39 AM
me, where's poly and stroker?

poly's in hijacked and strokers logged off.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

:nana: :wave: cooking tea ( dinner) just posting in the easy ones   . notice I didn't say m*

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on October 06, 2013, 01:22:13 AM
:nana: :wave: cooking tea ( dinner) just posting in the easy ones   . notice I didn't say m*

what's for tea? Not sausages I hope.   You don't have to reserve your place if you're not going to write.

polywideblock

are you enjoying daylight saving ?

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on October 06, 2013, 01:35:22 AM
are you enjoying daylight saving ?

Absolutely but we're writing a novel here if you don't mind.  :icon_smile_big:  I'll see you over in hijacked.

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 06, 2013, 01:17:39 AM
Lucy started to cry, grandma you look so like momma. The old lady told Lucy to please sit, sit over here with me young child. Meanwhile the man hiding in the shadows moved forward a little as to listen in.   

But the two women didn't notice, they were to absorbed with catching up on gossip.

JB400

As the hours went by, and the fire dwindled down to just embers,

Mopar Nut

causing a bright glow on their faces revealing big smiles. While Lucy was crying, she reluctantly said to grandma that momma passed away last month and daddy was nowhere to be found.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

So grandma said, "Have you looked under the ground?" "But if she's not there then maybe someone hung her out to dry!" "Don't cry Lucy, we'll find her"

Meanwhile, the man in the shadows decided it was time to reveal his true identity to grandma and Lucy as time was running out.

JB400

He burst through the door and removed his cloak.  As the light pulled away the curtain of darkness, Lucy could clearly see it was the her long lost best friend who had left for war a decade ago.

Fred

"OMG!" exclaimed Lucy.  " Is that really you Jacko?"  "I thought about you so many times and prayed you would come back to me"  Jacko wiped the tear from his eyes and turned to Lucy saying..."Lucy darling, I missed you so. More than I miss my leg. Will you marry me?"

JB400

But, before Lucy could say "Yes", there came a knock from the door.  Straightening herself up emotionally, Lucy walked to the door.  She grabbed the door knob, gave it a twist and opened the door with am ear piercing, screeching sound.  In a flash, two bony arms grabbed her, and in a poof of smoke, she was gone.

Fred

Meanwhile, 2000 miles away in sunny Pasadoble, Mary was having sinister thoughts. She wasn't ready to give up jacko. Certainly not to Lucy of all people. But how can she prevent the inevitable from happening.  Mary had no idea of this latest turn of events.

JB400

Mary was Lucy's twin sister that was kidnapped from the hospital by an estranged nurse.  The two girls were reunited 15 years later after meeting each other in Paris.  Lucy sat in front of a lone candle that flickered to reveal a picture of the two girls at a cafe, which was taken by Jacko, who was a waiter there while studying to be an artist.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 06, 2013, 10:23:57 PM

We need to introduce our characters more better :Twocents:

I just added Mary to the foray.

polywideblock

so she hatched a plan to get rid of Lucy in a slow and horrendous manner ,death by earth worm  ingestion while immersed in a tub of compost  

thought we were writing a book not having a conversation  :scratchchin:

Fred

But When Mary's friend Cecil found out what was going on, he put a stop to it by locking Mary in the closet until she comes to her senses.

JB400

never mind :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Let me know when we're back on track

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on October 06, 2013, 10:29:03 PM
so she hatched a plan to get rid of Lucy in a slow and horrendous manner ,death by earth worm  ingestion while immersed in a tub of compost  

thought we were writing a book not having a conversation  :scratchchin:

You're quite write!  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Mary was Lucy's twin sister that was kidnapped from the hospital by an estranged nurse.  The two girls were reunited 15 years later after meeting each other in Paris.  Lucy sat in front of a lone candle that flickered to reveal a picture of the two girls at a cafe, which was taken by Jacko, who was a waiter there while studying to be an artist.

Fred

But the war put and end to that and after he lost a leg he was deeply depressed for years.  That's when he decided he would try and find his long lost love, Lucy and finally prose marriage.

twodko

The pentagram gouged roughly in the duff of the forest floor, it's craggy edges still smoking from the recent arrival, harkened back to times of fear and suspicion. Some things retain ageless horror and this ancient portal is one. Bony hands hung from spindle arms, the prone form of innocence laying within the symbol of dread began to stir. The rustle of rough woven damp material was the only sound as the body within moved around in this dark place.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Back N Black

Ok, i complied all of your reply's and this is how it reads so far.......
Once upon a time, In the deep part of the forest where night was falling fast, there was a old lady who lost her way and realised she would have to find some shelter soon or it would be to dark to see. She needed to walk to Wal*mart for some wine for the holy communion that was taking place tomorrow because there would be a celebration afterwards. But, she only had enough money to buy a stick of gum. The old lady decided to borrow the sweet wine and run like a deer. As she was running, she spotted an owl. The owl said...."Who who are you?" The old lady responded, "I'm a lonely widow in dire need of a sip of this sweet cold wine. Who do you think you are, the lady replied? "I am the wise old owl" said the owl. "Where are you going so late in the day?" "I'm headed to church to offer a bottle of wine to the pastor that did me a favor earlier in the day. "I wish you well" said the owl and the old lady moved on.

The next day, to her relief, the sun was shining and all the town folk were gathering outside the little church. And she was overcome with such bliss, she could barely contain her happiness. She said with joy, this is all for me, I don't deserve this as she was crying. Nobody has ever gave me this much attention. An hour later it was all over and they all went back to her place to partake of wine and nibbles. Ten minutes later the doorbell rang. She went to answer it. She didn't recognise the stranger standing in front of her so asked politely "can I help you?" Hi grandma, I'm Lucy your granddaughter that you haven't seen for ten years.

The old lady was at first taken aback by Lucy's remark and took a minute to digest this information. She said "Lucy darling, how lovely to see you. Come in, come in."
"Everyone look, it's Lucy come to visit" They were all immensely pleased to see Lucy again. Except for the man lurking in the shadows. Lucy started to cry, grandma you look so like momma. The old lady told Lucy to please sit, sit over here with me young child. Meanwhile the man hiding in the shadows moved forward a little as to listen in. But the two women didn't notice, they were to absorbed with catching up on gossip. As the hours went by, and the fire dwindled down to just embers, causing a bright glow on their faces revealing big smiles. While Lucy was crying, she reluctantly said to grandma that momma passed away last month and daddy was nowhere to be found. So grandma said, "Have you looked under the ground?" "But if she's not there then maybe someone hung her out to dry!" "Don't cry Lucy, we'll find her"

Meanwhile, the man in the shadows decided it was time to reveal his true identity to grandma and Lucy as time was running out. He burst through the door and removed his cloak.  As the light pulled away the curtain of darkness, Lucy could clearly see it was the her long lost best friend who had left for war a decade ago. "OMG!" exclaimed Lucy.  " Is that really you Jacko?"  "I thought about you so many times and prayed you would come back to me"  Jacko wiped the tear from his eyes and turned to Lucy saying..."Lucy darling, I missed you so. More than I miss my leg. Will you marry me?"

But, before Lucy could say "Yes", there came a knock from the door.  Straightening herself up emotionally, Lucy walked to the door.  She grabbed the door knob, gave it a twist and opened the door with an ear piercing, screeching sound.  In a flash, two bony arms grabbed her, and in a poof of smoke, she was gone. Meanwhile, 2000 miles away in sunny Pasadoble, Mary was having sinister thoughts. She wasn't ready to give up jacko. Certainly not to Lucy of all people. But how can she prevent the inevitable from happening.  Mary had no idea of this latest turn of events.
Mary was Lucy's twin sister that was kidnapped from the hospital by an estranged nurse.  The two girls were reunited 15 years later after meeting each other in Paris.  Lucy sat in front of a lone candle that flickered to reveal a picture of the two girls at a cafe, which was taken by Jacko, who was a waiter there while studying to be an artist. So she hatched a plan to get rid of Lucy in a slow and horrendous manner, death by earth worm  ingestion while immersed in a tub of compost. dea But When Mary's friend Cecil found out what was going on, he put a stop to it by locking Mary in the closet until she comes to her senses.

Mary was Lucy's twin sister that was kidnapped from the hospital by an estranged nurse.  The two girls were reunited 15 years later after meeting each other in Paris.  Lucy sat in front of a lone candle that flickered to reveal a picture of the two girls at a cafe, which was taken by Jacko, who was a waiter there while studying to be an artist. But the war put an end to that and after he lost a leg he was deeply depressed for years.  That's when he decided he would try and find his long lost love, Lucy and finally prose marriage.

The pentagram gouged roughly in the duff of the forest floor, it's craggy edges still smoking from the recent arrival, harkened back to times of fear and suspicion. Some things retain ageless horror and this ancient portal is one. Bony hands hung from spindle arms, the prone form of innocence laying within the symbol of dread began to stir. The rustle of rough woven damp material was the only sound as the body within moved around in this dark place

twodko

Michel Tordeau finished trying off the small beloved wooden painter to his modest dock. Another project waiting in the wings after repairs to the roof and chimney, work long over due on his modest New England home. All in due time was what he told himself "after all I'm retired" right?
Two lobster was the bounty of this mornings forage on the waters he never tired of seeing from his living room refuge.
Michel immigrated to the US seven years ago after an honorable but hard career as a DGSE man. The French version of our own Secret Service. Many milestones marked his career and he earned every franc of his pension to be sure. He was a man who was open and approachable but saw others with a policeman's eyes. Unless you were a cop he saw you as just another asshole. After 31 years on the job most were assholes. He'd seen to much, walked the fine line between what he was sworn to do and what circumstance demanded he do. To was tired and he was done.
At fifty three years old in good shape with an ex wife no longer a nuisance so far away in marseille the coming decades were his to enjoy.
Spending them alone was not part of the equation and he knew where Lucy resided these days.
Having met her ever so briefly that day along the Seine while watching yet another plotter of terror, she was never far from his mind. It was a typical petty crime against an unsuspecting tourist at one of the many streets vendor booths selling everything from pastries to flowers to hashish. Michel watched as she was being chatted up by a handsome young man who so smoothly snatched the wallet from her bag as her walked her along. Policemen were about in such an easy Pickens' tourist area and these crimes were not his concern. But she was so different, so........something. He simply walked right up to them and introduced himself as another vendor. He shook hands with them both but didn't release the young mans hand. The sot hadn't any time to understand he was had as Michel reached into the man's coat retrieving young Lucy's wallet.
The cretin tried to pull away but too late it was for him as a police officer arrived alerted by another vendor.  
Surprised, relieved and not a little bit shaky Lucy stammered her thanks and there began a two day whirlwind affair Michel and, he hoped, Lucy would not forget.
The lobsters in the fridge Michel stoked and banked the fire and pondered how he would go about trying to rekindle the magic she brought into his life along the Seine.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

However, Lucy regretted her affair with Michel. Though not willing to admit it, she found him a little daunting. It unsettled her. He was so very different from Jacko who was kind and gentle. Michel came from a world Lucy new nothing about and being an ex DSG man has hardened him somewhat. Still, she told herself, that's all in the past. She must leave it there. But why then is she so reluctant to except Jacko's marriage proposal?  "I've got to get away"......she tells herself......"somewhere tranquil where I can thinks things through and sort out this turmoil" "Yes, that's it and I know just the place".