News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY NEW DAYTONA PROJECT , I HOPE I'M WELCOME BACK !!!!

Started by daytonalo, October 18, 2013, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 18, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

Who is making rear Daytona glass currently

Nobody is making the glass anymore. ::)

Lots of promises, but still no glass.  :brickwall:

daytonalo

Your Backlite you bought , is that Tempered or Laminate ?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 19, 2013, 09:54:31 AM
Your Backlite you bought , is that Tempered or Laminate ?

It's got that sticky shit in the middle...  :scratchchin:

So I guess it's laminate ?  :shruggy:

daytonalo

That's what I thought . I can get the exact same thing 2 week wait for 875.00 .
If I remember you built your plug off the fiberglass plug , did you test fit your Backlite ? If so are you satisfied ?
I spent 10 years in the Glass Business and would rather have Tempered but  it looks like I have no choice .

Larry

Bob T

I like the Skater picklefork  :2thumbs:, whats the motor in that? Lot of work getting it to that stage, I assume you have glassed it/built it Daytonalo?
I used to have a 17.6'' flatbottom with a twin tunnel ram sbc, it would do 70  :icon_smile_big:  I keep looking on the drag boat alley site but wont be getting another fizz boat for a while yet 
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

daytonalo

Bob ,
My boat is a 32 ft  Skater Kevlar Vinylester layup , 4400 LBS rigged . Pair 3.2 EFI stroker Merc Outboards , 102 MPH ! This is an ocean boat and will do 105 over big water ( 3 ft all day long )

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 19, 2013, 06:24:23 PM
did you test fit your Backlite ? If so are you satisfied ?

Larry

Here's the back in the day test fit photo.

It fits just fine.

daytonalo

Very nice !!! Where can I find pics of the plug being built ?

Daytona R/T SE

daytonalo

Wow ! Hats off to you on a superb job !
Any chance you still have fiberglass plug ?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: daytonalo on October 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM

If you have the talent, time, and tools, making your own plug is the way to go, but having the glass and trim is really a necessity, so there's no surprises later with your preliminary/finished work, even my own steel plugs, which are made on the same jigs/bucks/dies/templates time after time, need "tweaking" when fitting glass, trunk lid alignment, sail panel fit, etc, as each car is slightly different....plus as enthusiast we demand a little more attention to detail/fit/finish than did the originals put together back in the day at Creative Industries,...I just hope AMD follows thru with the glass and trim, as trim is one of the things I hate making most for these cars

Here's Musto's car (Angrier) getting fitted with one of my steel plugs/trim/modified trunk lid/repro hinges/etc ...Mike's car used the last piece of back glass available from OEM, when they dropped the production of wingcar glass

mike

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM

Thanks.

Yes, I still have the fiberglass plug.

daytonalo

Please sell my the fiberglass plug !

Mike , spoke to AMD Fri and they have zero interest in making any Daytona/ Superbird plug , trim or Backlites . I figured so and they also said in no way would they recoup their investment.....

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 20, 2013, 06:38:54 PM
Please sell me the fiberglass plug !

Sorry, Larry.

I'm keeping the fiberglass plug and lexan back window for my Charger 500 project.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

102 mph in a boat = Win!!!  ;) They must be top end outboards is all I can say to that.
One of the super yachts I've worked on recently had a chase boat with twin 540's and that would do 90 apparently, never got the chance to try it unfortunately. I had a drive of a guys flatbottom years ago with a tough 454, that could pull 6 grand and rock the ton, mean as ...
uhh, back to the regularly scheduled car talk , but its cool to see what else is in the shed Daytonalo, cheers
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

daytonalo

Thanks for the warm welcome !!
I'm into many hobbies and use frequent many Forum's and this is the truth , only D.C has the most friendly , knowledgeable and helpful guys ....

Bob ,
My boat is a 32 ft tunnel built by Skater , they are  world renown for building 28-50 cats the run 100-220 mph . My 32 is light , 4400 lbs rigged and is powered by twin 3.2 Litre EFI Strokers  365 hp each @ 6500 . They are only 193 CI !! This boat  should run 105 and this is no lake boat , loves big water . Here are a few pics of the engines .
Larry

daytonalo

Does anyone have a fiberglass Janak plug for sale ?

PM if yes

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 21, 2013, 08:39:26 AM
Does anyone have a fiberglass Janak plug for sale ?

PM if yes

I'm pretty sure Ted Janak does... :Twocents:

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on October 18, 2013, 05:36:04 PM
Here is the color . I have seen it in person and much brighter than viper red . We will single stage this car for added depth then sand with 2000 grit then 4 coats clear , sand 2000 grit  then buff

FYI if you're reading this and thinking it's the same red as every other Ferrari you've seen, this is so much brighter it looks like day glo orange next to Rosso Corsa.  Suderia Red is the color of the race cars.  It's the coolest bright red I've ever seen.

good luck getting out the planning stages this time  ;)

daytonalo

When I was in front of that color in the Ferrari showroom I amazed at this color . Thanks for support .

I think janak is shut down for winter
Larry

I also build these for people . Cops pulling me over

moparstuart

WA WA 'S  lmao  havent seen those since i was in connecticut back in the 80's
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Welcome back Larry,  has Stu lost weight?  he is only a .5.  That still = 1 normal size guy.  You better give me a 1.5  :smilielol:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

daytonalo

Yes correct , Stu  pretty much dislikes me !  I'm a new person that the Meds kicked in !!! He will come around .

Larry

by the Way , last year Wawa grossed 9 mil , the entire vegas strip grossed 5 mil so I'm told

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on October 21, 2013, 03:07:29 PM
Yes correct , Stu  pretty much dislikes me !  I'm a new person that the Meds kicked in !!! He will come around .

Larry

by the Way , last year Wawa grossed 9 mil , the entire vegas strip grossed 5 mil so I'm told
had a girl friend when i lived up there that worked at WAWA hadnt even thought of that place since 1987  :)
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE