News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY NEW DAYTONA PROJECT , I HOPE I'M WELCOME BACK !!!!

Started by daytonalo, October 18, 2013, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Wawa Corp teamed up with that small Chemical Co Dupont in one form or another and Super wawas are exploding up and down east coast

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on October 21, 2013, 04:03:04 PM
Wawa Corp teamed up with that small Chemical Co Dupont in one form or another and Super wawas are exploding up and down east coast
are they still convience stores  ?  or larger grocery stores now  ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

convenience along with fuel . The formula must be working as they must have built 50 so far and grossed 9 mil last year from a friend who knows wawa CEO
vegas strip last year  grossed 5 mil 

XH29N0G

Quote from: daytonalo on October 21, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome !!
I'm into many hobbies and use frequent many Forum's and this is the truth , only D.C has the most friendly , knowledgeable and helpful guys ....

Bob ,
My boat is a 32 ft tunnel built by Skater , they are  world renown for building 28-50 cats the run 100-220 mph . My 32 is light , 4400 lbs rigged and is powered by twin 3.2 Litre EFI Strokers  365 hp each @ 6500 . They are only 193 CI !! This boat  should run 105 and this is no lake boat , loves big water . Here are a few pics of the engines .
Larry

Excellent.  I love boats.  Grew up with a dad liking smaller ones (modified V and tunnel about 16-18 foot and single engine) and after he got me a job at a dealer, I used to set them up.  They were not 105 fast or anywhere near the speed of the larger ones, but still seemed vary fast (mid 90's).   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

daytonalo

Very cool ! What MFG and outboard MFG ?  20 yrs ago 80 was super fast

SouthernChargers

Is that the charger that was on craigslist in new jersey a couple of weeks ago?

daytonalo

Yes as I live in south jersey  and bought it from Burlington last Thur . The hunk of shit is all mine  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Larry, I sent you a reply on the plug.

By the way, you'd have thought that someone capable of grossing $9 million would have chosen a store name that didn't sound like a whining 2 year old looking for a bottle.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 22, 2013, 01:59:30 PM
Larry, I sent you a reply on the plug.

By the way, you'd have thought that someone capable of grossing $9 million would have chosen a store name that didn't sound like a whining 2 year old looking for a bottle.   :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:     if you loan him your plug make him make you one too  or at least some a pillars and trunk hinges   :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

I believe it was named after where it started , Wawa PA

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SouthernChargers

Well Congrats on it, take care of it, thats a nice car. You wouldn't happen to know of any others that i might be interested in would you?

JB400

daytonalo

Thanks for the warm welcome back !!!
I do not know of any others but if I did I might buy them as well . Trust me my car needs , 2 ful qtrs. , new doors , inner , outer rocker , all floors , valence and more . Good thing , perfect roof and very good frame rails

Larry

A383Wing

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on October 24, 2013, 09:35:26 PM
OK Larry...any progress on the car yet??  :nana:

Bryan

only that he's changed his mind on the color 14 times already

daytonalo

I will not be starting to tear into for some time as I know have 5 boats , 3 are for sale . Anybody want a boat or two ?
32 DOUGLAS SKATER  - NOT FOR SALE
24 SEA-RAY - NOT FOR SALE

1989 24 SLICKCRAFT  6000
1986 28 PANTERA FACTORY RACE BOAT NO POWER 6100
2000 230SSI CHAPPARAL  ON TRLR 102 ORIG HOURS 9000 ( HAS ENGINE KNOCK )

Color choice is 100% final ! I have been collecting parts weekly for build  :icon_smile_big:

djcarguy

welcome back, i read most of ya other daytona build. but not sure,did you finish an sell 1st one?  will bee watching an hope it goes good.  what nose and engine ya planning ??  thanks latterDJ out west :popcrn: :2thumbs:

daytonalo

Cant believe its been 5 years since I sold my unfinished Daytona ! When I got offered a very good number I had to sell it , no power or int , shell in surfacer ready for paint . I also sold the 472 Hemi I had built .
My new Daytona will have a 440 stroked to 512 11-1 alum head , hoping for 600 hp and Tremec 5 speed . It will have Dane hollow wing , stinger nose with my tried and true Vacuum headlights operating just like original cars .

ATTENTION , NO NIGHT RIDER HEADLIGHTS ON MY CAR !!!! ONLY FULLY OPERATIONAL KISS( KEEP IT SIMPLE STUIPED ) ON MY DAYTONA !!!!! 

Thanks

hotrod98

As for having trouble deciding on a color...I've been rearranging my front shop to have a place to work on my drag pak drag car and ran across a picture of a limelight Daytona that I used to have on my desk back when I built my first clone.
I just might just have to go with that color. Sandra always loved limelight. It was her favorite color. Would certainly stand out in a crowd.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

C500

about the glass... AMD were planning them earlier this year. I was going to pick one up. Cant be enough demand out there  :icon_smile_blackeye:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

daytonalo

spoke to AMD Fri and they have zero interest in making any Daytona/ Superbird plug , trim or Backlites . I figured so and they also said in no way would they recoup their investment

As you said and I figured before I called them , THEY (AMD) WILL NOT BEING MAKING TEMPERED GLASS , METAL PULGS OR TRIM .
I found Laminate Daytona glass 875.00 .
I will be fabricating my own plug

dads_69

Right on man! I've been wondering when your going to build another clone! That Skater boat is sweet!

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

Thanks Mark !!! I officially have another friend !!!!! Stuart ????