News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gone in 60 Seconds -1974

Started by Drache, August 07, 2005, 10:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I just figured I'd post a couple pictures of the MOPARs in the original movie for those that haven't seen it.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

If anyone else has pictures then post them!

The green and black 3rd gen charger is the one that gets crushed by the garbage truck. The roadrunner/satellite gets smashed in a police chase, the red challenger gets picked up/crushed by a junkyard crane....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

kab69440

"Toby" Halicki is my hero. When I grow up, I wanna be just like him. My no budget movie is gonna rock!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

The Nic Cage version pales. 

Hey Drache, love the new avatar man.

TruckDriver

I agree, the Nik Cage version is good, but doesn't come close to the original version!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on August 07, 2005, 11:47:56 AM
The Nic Cage version pales.  

Hey Drache, love the new avatar man.

Thanks! If a scene in a movie called "Phase IV"! It's a movie about the dodgy dealings of a large pharmaceutical company! The bad guys drive a '72 Charger with a '73 rear end throughout he movie until it take a 10 story dive off the top of a parkade and nose dives into the street below!

Here are a few pictures of what happens to some of the MOPARs in the original gone in 60 seconds! In the first two pics that's the green '72 underneath that burning dump truck! Then comes the RR/Satellite after being rammed by a cop car! Then finally the Challenger at the scrap yard!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

By the way, I counted four different Chargers in that movie! First you have the one crushed by the dump truck, then the sublime 3rd gen that passes in fron of the cop car! Next comes the '68 you see out of the cop car's windshield, then comes this one....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

psykicpup

I not the only one who has to watch a movie twice just to get the story as I got distracted by the 'other' cars then..... ;)
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

426wedge

Has anybody ever noticed that the challenger is a 70 R/T that had the grill and tailpanel changed?  They show a couple of good shots of the vin#s of the cars. I guess that they wanted it to look like a newer car.
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

Charger_Fan

Great thread, I just watched it last night! ;D

I didn't notice the numbers on the VIN tag...but I noticed they used "correct" rivets to put it back on.  :scope: :icon_smile_big:
Geez, maybe I'll have to watch it again.

Just after the beginning of the Elenanor chase, they show a far off shot of the chase through city streets...there's a spot where they pass a car dealership (or big parking lot), I always pause there to scope out anything cool.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mustanghater

is it me or have I seen those pics some were (cough) www.dodge-charger.co.uk(cough)
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Drache

Quote from: mustanghater on August 07, 2005, 05:08:53 PM
is it me or have I seen those pics some were (cough) www.dodge-charger.co.uk(cough)

Did I say they weren't?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

I like the Nick Cage version better but still thoroughly enjoy the original.  They're just plain different movies with a few similarities, much like the DOH stuff. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Argos_Chargers

Did anyone notice the number of MoPars in his second movie "The Junkman"?   One of th ebad guys drives a Magnum through the first half of the movie (some great chase scenes with it).   Also that brown '68 shows that you can see through the windshield in one of the pictures shows up here too.   Obviously H.B. Halicki appreciated his MoPars!

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

KMPX2

Those are some real clear stills

Ghoste

The remake is a story with cars as props.  The original is cars with the story as the prop.

694spdRT

Quote from: 426wedge on August 07, 2005, 04:26:41 PM
Has anybody ever noticed that the challenger is a 70 R/T that had the grill and tailpanel changed?  They show a couple of good shots of the vin#s of the cars. I guess that they wanted it to look like a newer car.

Yeah that is all I could figure too. One was a 440 R/T and the other was a 383 R/T. Too bad.   :icon_smile_sad:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

mustanghater

to think I almost bought this movie today to. speacking of movies did you know they quit making "two lane blacktop"
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

kikgas01

There was alot of really neat 68 ans 69 mopar police cars that I would have loved to have.Can you say SLEEPER!!!Good ol RICE KILLERS!!!! :icon_smile_big:

41husk

I have the old version on VHS,  I have never seen the new one.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

AKcharger

Also the "jump" towards the end of the chase is over the wreck of a '70 Barracuda gran coupe and some other car. My wife and I were thinking the producers were out to trash mopars...seems they were the only ones wrecked!...think that '71 charger had R/T doors...the paint sceame would match the louvers

Ghoste

The Mopars were probably dirt cheap back then.  They couldn't afford to wreck valuable cars like Impalas and Malibus.

kikgas01

Yeha but they wrecked CADDYS!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH HEY JOHNNEY!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

chuck_carrothers

both movies rock, but my opinion is, the more MOPAR, the better.  :icon_smile_evil: u see a movie revolving around those cars, ill watch it, and ill like it. :popcrn:

pettyfan43

Something to keep in mind abuot the original, ALL the stunt/crash cars in that movie came from that junkyard, which Halicki owned. He went to auctions and bought old police cars, fire trucks, garbage trucks and so on.

The cars were all totals/recovered thefts and junkers dressed up to look like nice cars.  What looks to be nice cars are in general rebuilt wrecks!

This was a NO BUDGET movie.

bordin34

I own the original and junkman on dvd. When they wrecked the whole row of caddy's he was only supposed to tap the first one instead of T-boning it.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

NHCharger

Man, I love the green and black paint job on the 3rd gen Charger.
That is so 70's. I'm thinking my next 3rd gen will look like that.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

I watched it while ago, pretty cool movie
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The70RT

Quote from: Drache on August 07, 2005, 01:01:24 PM
By the way, I counted four different Chargers in that movie! First you have the one crushed by the dump truck, then the sublime 3rd gen that passes in fron of the cop car! Next comes the '68 you see out of the cop car's windshield, then comes this one....

There was another in a parking lot by the alley with the couch crash. It has been a while....thinking silver 68
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

aerolith

71 Plymouths are rare in films?

Satellite, Roadrunner or GTX?
Who knows with Hollywood lol...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

AKcharger

woo Hoo! thread ressurection!!