News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Belt Retainers

Started by Voss, October 27, 2013, 05:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

I am in the process of putting back original seat belts in my '68 Charger. The car (will) have shoulder belts and the front / rear lap belts.

The shoulder belt clips to the retainer at the sunvisor when not used. But what about the front and rear lap belts? Did these clip to any retainer when not used and where should the retainers be located? I have heard different opinions about these being standard from factory or not.

tan top

had always assumed they were standard factory equipment , but think it has been mentioned they were an option , on non R/T models ,   :shruggy:  i'm no expert !! I await to be corrected  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=102%2DSB2B
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

I think they are standard.  An option maybe on the 70 XH cars?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Those were standard equipment on all '69s AFAIK  Not sure about 68 or 70
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Voss

Found them on the front seats!  :2thumbs:

None on the rear seat? Maybe they are broken off...  :shruggy: Should it be a "2 + 1" retainer for the rear seat?

Ghoste

green69rt

I just checked mine and found none.  is there a picture of the mounting points or is there one in the FSM, didn't find one?   I got the point on the visor but nothing else.  Thanks guys.

Voss

Quote from: green69rt on October 27, 2013, 11:35:11 AM
I just checked mine and found none.  is there a picture of the mounting points or is there one in the FSM, didn't find one?   I got the point on the visor but nothing else.  Thanks guys.

I can get pics on my front seat belt retainers and post here. Haven't figured out the exact position for the rear ones. Will check the rear seat frame and see if I can figure it out.

Ghoste

I should have pics somewhere too of the placement but I'll need to search for them.

green69rt

I looked on my seats and couldn't find any holes or other indication of retainers or their mounting points.

charger490

i had them on my 68 charger that i bought new and i think they were atatched to the front of the rear seat. i have this one left if anyone wants it.  charger490

Lord Warlock

The retainer clip was mounted to the right side front face of the seats in the front.  Mine did not have retainers on the rear seats, or if they did, they were removed before i bought the car.  Once i put new seatcovers on, you couldn't tell where the clips would mount unless you knew where they were before.  

when i said right side, i meant the right side of the drivers seat,  the passenger side probably was on  left side of the seat nearest the buddy seat or console.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

moparfan53

Quote from: Voss on October 27, 2013, 04:31:49 PM
I can get pics on my front seat belt retainers and post here. Haven't figured out the exact position for the rear ones. Will check the rear seat frame and see if I can figure it out.

Here is pic of my '69. I put the retainers back in the original position after replacing the seat covers. Maybe it will help.

green69rt

Anyone got a pic of the front seats??

Voss

Great pic on the back seat retainers.

I can take pics on my front seats next time I am in the garage, probably on Saturday.

Dino

Ah yes, I forgot to put those on my list.  I'll have 3 point retractable belts up front but am keeping the rear lap belts so I'll have to get a set of them retaining thingies.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

dodgedarren

I could use a picture of the front seat retaining clips as well for the front seats. I took them of when I dismantled the car but I have the seats installed now and I cant seem to locate where they clips mount.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

I think he's talking about a 68.

bill440rt

Right.
I just saw '70 referenced so I was responding to that.

I know '68's had them, Chris confirmed '69 as well.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Lord Warlock

My 69 had them on the front seats, but they weren't on the back seat when i got the car in 1978, and it was 100% stock when i got it.  Possible someone removed them from the back seat, but i didn't see any holes in the vinyl. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

Could have just been missed at the factory too.

dodgedarren

Yes. 68. I cant seem to locate the ho;e to remount these.

dodgedarren

Yes. 68. I cant seem to locate the ho;e to remount these.

Lord Warlock

I think he meant he can't find the hole in the seat where it attaches.  If you've recovered the seats it may be hard to find.