News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket vinyl ?

Started by RGA, October 31, 2013, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

I took my car into upholstery shop today to get the vinyl top installed. He said that the top I had for it was OEM and they didn't make them like that anymore, said he hadn't Seen one in years. I was like  :coolgleamA: so he calls me like 3 hours later and tells me it's got a hole. So I go over there and a small (like pencil tip) size hole right on crease from being folded in box for 20+ years . He says I can get a new aftermarket one but the pattern is slightly different, or install this one and maybe a good vinyl repair guy could fix it.  Sucks, big maybe.
Anyone use these aftermarket tops ? Any problems ?

fy469rtse

They do make not exact but very close to original, the only one not reproduced is the 70 year gator grain, check year one , legendary etc , don't use the average joe slop cheap looking trim shop special , you will hate it , I used one on a two tone green top from year one and could not tell it from original

RGA

I wonder if that's the one I have . It came with the car when I baught it and the box says 1970. I just figured they were the same. What does that gator grain look like.

fy469rtse

Very rare, almost like a series of squares, which progressively get smaller and smaller as vinyl goes down the rear pillars only ever seen this top once and in bad shape , on my 70 when I first got it , I don't think it's reproduced yet, I'm still waiting , need one in white,
Commonly repopped is the boar grain pattern