News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger AC Duct routing

Started by JamieZ, October 28, 2013, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

Does anyone have any pictures of the duct routing behind the dash on a 68 with AC?  A previous owner seems to have disconnected and/or removed some of the ducts and I'm struggling to figure out what goes where.

cdr

the two that are the same,about 2in in diam go to the defrost vents,the long flex hose goes on the right side,the shorter one is for the left side,there is a hard plastic one that connects from the left flex hose to the ac box,it goes under the steering column .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JamieZ

The driver's side plastic duct looks like this (one that is circular on one side and rectangular on the other)?

If so...that is missing.

cdr

yes yhe one on the left goes under the column,to the short flex hose,,the one on the right goes to the center dash vents.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

fy469rtse

Do you have the other pieces to reach vents , I bought a kit not long ago because I only had the two shown in photo, you will need the correct parts because it tight up around headlight switch and cluster,
Kit had parts to fit bezels to fit vents and the right size ducting

JamieZ

I am only missing the hard plastic piece that goes between the flexible drivers side duct and the center box and one of the 2 short flexible ducts that go to the defog vents on top of the dash

fy469rtse

Yes in the kit it had the two plastic connectors , each of them had a square end to fit side vents and the other end was round to fit round ducting, third plastic piece was oval on one side to fit the oval end to vent pipe that goes over column

JamieZ

Picked one up off eBay.  More than I wanted to pay (isn't it always?) but less than what some other guys were selling it for.  I installed it today.....wish I had done that before I put the dash back in!