News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found my dream 69 charger R/T SE for sale

Started by chargerman69, October 29, 2013, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

While looking on Google I found my dream charger, everything I want but the luggage rack, colors and motor just like I want, not everyday you fine your dream ride, Bin thinking it over and big thing is how to pay for it, What do you guys think about this charger, Could someone help me out with the Pictures my computer wont let me post them thanks 

http://www.schmitt.com/viewimage.asp?ID=4589

Ghoste

What I think is wow, that is a gorgeous car! :drool5:

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

roger440

Thats fantastic.

But i am biased  :icon_smile_big:

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

twodko

I wonder if it's originally and east coast or mid west car? No undercoat or perhaps the restorer chose not to.

That's a beauty you don't see much of anymore and a nice restoration. If that was a floor shift/console/bucket seat car it would be selling for $70k.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ram07

Nice car, but...under the rear bumper...the valance? the seams (little corner pieces) are bondoed over, no....always thought that was a red flag?

69 OUR/TEA

Gotta agree,awesome color combo,one of my top fav's!!!! :drool5: But,.........looks like a good effort on the resto,except for the mentioned smoothed over valance corners,......missing front bumperettes,and the cheesed out exhaust system.
This car is darn near option for option to my 3x9 69 R/T SE !!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Also,early car to,so the headrests were another option on this car.

Ghoste

So busy drooling over the shiny I missed the valence end caps.

Ram07

Newer old guys listen to what old timers say....for that kinda coin, shouldn't it be done right?

The blinker lever
thingy....whats up with that, looks odd...but, haven't been in one of these cars since the 80's, and I don't much remember that decade...haha... :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Ram07 on October 29, 2013, 05:15:05 PM
Newer old guys listen to what old timers say....for that kinda coin, shouldn't it be done right?

The blinker lever
thingy....whats up with that, looks odd...but, haven't been in one of these cars since the 80's, and I don't much remember that decade...haha... :cheers:

That's turn signal lever is for cruise control. I agree with some of the other observations about the end cap seams. It drives me nuts not to see the  sides of the radiator supports not painted black.

ws23rt

Quote from: Ram07 on October 29, 2013, 04:41:59 PM
Nice car, but...under the rear bumper...the valance? the seams (little corner pieces) are bondoed over, no....always thought that was a red flag?

I always wondered what the red flag was about?  It is of course not oem. But is that all?

When I was restoring my C500 in the late eighties I filled the corner gaps just to get a smother look. :shruggy:

Ram07

From what I have read on here, if they are filled, it must be a bondo buggy, dunno!

But, for a full blown resto....it should be done right...

Fred

Noticed it straight away before reading this. That's an absolute "no no" for me. Makes you wonder.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

UH60L

Quote from: Fred on October 29, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Noticed it straight away before reading this. That's an absolute "no no" for me. Makes you wonder.

When mine was in the body shop, I just happened to walk in as they were filling that area with bondo, and I said "hey your not gonna make that smooth are ya, 'cause there's suppose to be a seam there?" and the guy kinda looked at me funny then said "no, I'll make it look original".  I could tell he really didn't want to though.  Good thing I walked in that day.

WHITE AND RED 69

Depends. By looking at the underside I doubt they went through all this work just to fill it with bondo. Maybe they were done right and welded just to clean up the look. Some cars look good with it filled in, as long as it is done right. If it was a restomod i'd let it pass but on a original appearing numbers matching resto they dropped the ball by filling it.

If chargerman69 can live with it, maybe he can use this mess up to his advantage and knock down the price.   :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Fred

Quote from: UH60L on October 30, 2013, 12:23:17 AM

When mine was in the body shop, I just happened to walk in as they were filling that area with bondo, and I said "hey your not gonna make that smooth are ya, 'cause there's suppose to be a seam there?" and the guy kinda looked at me funny then said "no, I'll make it look original".  I could tell he really didn't want to though.  Good thing I walked in that day.

Damn lucky you did. It seems you have to supervise 24/7. Seems it's all about shortcuts these days or just simply taking the easiest option. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

I dont like the rust from the headers...it makes it look funny cause its more brown than the car  ::)

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Dino

I thought the same on the rocker panel trim, but apparently it was an option on SE cars, not standard.  Awesome looking car you have there btw!   :2thumbs:

The bronze car is gorgeous, but bondoed seams and for sale by a dealer for how long now?  I recall seeing this car last year, same dealer. 

I'd be real careful with that car.  I trust car dealers about as much as hungry lions.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2013, 06:17:01 AM
and yes, apparently the headrests were an option on the early Cars ?

Yes, it was an option until January 1969, then mandatory after that.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

tan top

hmmm yeah , prolly  is ok & just been filled over , by a non mopar /  non charger nut body guy !! but at the same time  makes you wonder if every thing has been done as it should be , looks like the cut corners on the exhaust too , welding  3/4s on a new system on  :shruggy: :-\  why ?   car with this asking price should not have any corners cut  :nono: IMO
aside from a few things  , awesome charger !!  :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerman69

Thanks stroker440 for adding them,
The seams not being there i woodet really care, still thinking about it cause were selling a truck to get one of them 2014 silverado's first,
The exhaust should be coated or somthing to look better,exhaust should be right to,  Down side i live far away from this place, am going talk and email them about the charger to see what they say and if they got any Pic's of it being restored will ask them about the things you guys found wrong about it, if cant go for it will theres always more chargers down the road

69 OUR/TEA

No,the rocker panel molding is NOT part of the SE option.But is def cool to have !!!!! :icon_smile_big:

moparfan53

Here are the items that were included in the SE package.

:cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

Nice looking car.  :yesnod:
But you'd think for what they're asking they would have put a correct exhaust system on it.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

dual fours

Should there be a Pentastar on the lower side of the right fender? :scratchchin:
The rear interior panel right upper rear panel is loose. :smash:
You have to go back to the dealers photos to see this. :scope:

http://www.schmitt.com/viewimage.asp?ID=4589
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG