News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to make sure it doesn't get stolen?

Started by erlendch, October 27, 2013, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDGERACER383

Nice thing about putting it in the neutral safety switch is it won't even crank.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 29, 2013, 05:17:34 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 27, 2013, 08:57:34 PM
I used to think about someone stealing the car, now I don't really care. I can always buy another one.

I used to lay awake in bed at motels worried someone might jack my ride.   Any sound & I was up looking out the window.  Not any more.  The car's replaceable, my sleep isn't.   ;)

We have the LoJak in my wife's SRT.  Previously I would do things to help deter the thieves
-like turning the wheels all the way one way or the other,
-baby monitor left inside car,
-MSD 6al has the built in kill switch,
-etc.

Remember that thieves don't like complications.  They want to get in & out ASAP.  Anything you do will help to deter, will that be 100%, no, but by doing something...

I finally come to the realization (helped from watching the reality tow truck service shows) that it don't matter what we do, if someone wants our rig they're gonna get it.

If you don't have proper insurance or take the necessary steps to deter theft, leave it in the garage.