DodgeCharger.com Forum
November 21, 2017, 09:52:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make sure it doesn't get stolen?  (Read 8636 times)
RIDGERACER383

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »

Nice thing about putting it in the neutral safety switch is it won't even crank.

1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55
472 R/T SE
Old Timer

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »

I used to think about someone stealing the car, now I don't really care. I can always buy another one.

I used to lay awake in bed at motels worried someone might jack my ride.   Any sound & I was up looking out the window.  Not any more.  The car's replaceable, my sleep isn't.   Wink

We have the LoJak in my wife's SRT.  Previously I would do things to help deter the thieves
-like turning the wheels all the way one way or the other,
-baby monitor left inside car,
-MSD 6al has the built in kill switch,
-etc.

Remember that thieves don't like complications.  They want to get in & out ASAP.  Anything you do will help to deter, will that be 100%, no, but by doing something...

I finally come to the realization (helped from watching the reality tow truck service shows) that it don't matter what we do, if someone wants our rig they're gonna get it.

If you don't have proper insurance or take the necessary steps to deter theft, leave it in the garage.

HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES Because all cars matter.

I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.  Live life like every DAY is your last!  patriotJust a dollar, please
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: