News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE DO I PUT THIS STUFF??????

Started by graybo, October 29, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

:drool5:  Does anyone out ther have a template for the Wing location, Wing washer location, and fender scoop location on a Superbird????  I would love to do this right the first time and not drill holes all through my metal in the wrong place!!!!!!!!! Thanks Guys in advance :2thumbs:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I can get you the dimension for the wing placement. Mainly you just need to know the distance to the back edge of the quarter. You assemble the wing, tape up the top of the quarters and place the wing in place centered left to right. Mark the holes by tracing around the studs and drill slightly oversize. Just make sure that you have that back measurement correct.
The wing washers will go where they are supposed to go once the wing is in place.
The fender scoops are dead centered over the wheel opening. I can get you a measurement for that as well which might help some.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Hemi_tyme

Here's the wing hole measurements driver side rear without 1/4 ext installed
12 1/4 center

6 1/2 from truck opening

the other 3 holes

I have the fender scoops measurements at home will look tonight

DAY CLONA

Quote from: graybo on October 29, 2013, 07:31:23 PM
:drool5:  Does anyone out ther have a template for the Wing location, Wing washer location, and fender scoop location on a Superbird????  I would love to do this right the first time and not drill holes all through my metal in the wrong place!!!!!!!!! Thanks Guys in advance :2thumbs:

While any templates, or pics depicting location/measurements can be a great help, I wouldn't drill any holes unless you have the actual components in hand that you are going to use, as some original pcs, as well as various aftermarket repros may/will vary in stud/hole/bolt/shape/etc locations...then you'll still be making swisscheese out of your panels :Twocents:

graybo

Thanks guys. Very helpful.  I should have my wing and scoops this week and was hoping to get holes drilled this weekend.  Again Thanks guys!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Speedfreak

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 30, 2013, 08:45:48 AM
Quote from: graybo on October 29, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

While any templates, or pics depicting location/measurements can be a great help, I wouldn't drill any holes unless you have the actual components in hand that you are going to use, as some original pcs, as well as various aftermarket repros may/will vary in stud/hole/bolt/shape/etc locations...then you'll still be making swisscheese out of your panels :Twocents:

That is excellent advice!

graybo

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 29, 2013, 10:22:12 PM
I can get you the dimension for the wing placement. Mainly you just need to know the distance to the back edge of the quarter. You assemble the wing, tape up the top of the quarters and place the wing in place centered left to right. Mark the holes by tracing around the studs and drill slightly oversize. Just make sure that you have that back measurement correct.
The wing washers will go where they are supposed to go once the wing is in place.
The fender scoops are dead centered over the wheel opening. I can get you a measurement for that as well which might help some.

:cheers:Yes I would like to get those measurments.  Thanks in advance. Graybo :yesnod: