News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"OER Brand" interior paint/dye looking good!

Started by b5blue, November 04, 2013, 07:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm trying this stuff on some new parts and some that were painted with "SEM" and "Krylon" (Black) and so far so good. Using the 68-70 Dark blue met. I'm liking the match to the molded in color, it's within the 10% and sheen is spot on.
  I scrubbed/cleaned all parts with rubbing alcohol really well, scuffed with a red scrubby and re cleaned with alcohol and let dry for an hour. I shot the paint with a cheap HVLP touch up gun (small gun, looks like a toy.  :lol:) right out of the QT. can @ 25lb pressure, 2 coats 10 minutes apart.
  After letting the parts sit around for over a week they all past the "fingernail scratch test" trying to see if adhesion was going to be any issue. The coverage over the black was fine and dried paint showed all the original texture of the molded parts and now the cracks in the A pillar moldings are staring at me big time. (Oh well.)
  Next I'll be shooting used black kick panels, sunvisors and a new 70 Charger glove box door for testing on other types of plastic. At 65.00 a Qt. shipped free it's a easy on the wallet and convenient solution for my Charger.     

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce