News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vanishing Point

Started by dkn1997, March 04, 2006, 12:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

the '96 remake with Vigo Mortensen was just on last night.  I had watched just a bit of it when it came out, but last night I caught about 80%  of it.  I never realized what a good movie it is.  I don't think they dubbed much of the sound and they show some genuine flogging of these cars.  sure the plot is  pretty ridiculous, but it really has some great car scenes

my favorite is when the cop is chasing him the the 68 and they pan from the "rt" on the charger to the "rt" on the challenger. 
plenty of other good scenes.

- when the guy who has his "acura" in for a break job leans on the chally and proceeds to say that it's just a car.  the shop owner reams him.
- some excellent "correct" underhood shots of the chally's hemi. with no attempts to add roots blowers, extra chrome or any other cheesy hollywood stuff
-when he makes the phone call where he finds out that the wife actually died.  stops in front of the phone booth and then does a mini 180 and slides right in (like in Ace Ventura when he power slides the monty into the parking space "llllike a glove")
- when he finally decides to just ram the snow plows at the end, that's a nice burnout.
- when he's getting gas , makes the call and finds out she is in the hospital, right before the motorcycle cops pull home over.  He drives like a maniac getting it sideways in multiple gears in moderate traffic. 

I like that the car looks pretty sloppy in the turns like it should.  I think overall the driving/chase scenes were real enough and they did not attempt to gay them up like fast and furious.  Sure, they took a bit of poetic license, but nothing a car guy would go nuts over
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

Geez, after all that...now I've gotta go watch it again. :yesnod:

Oh & Christine after that. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dkn1997

throw in bullit and call it a day
RECHRGED

The Ghoul

throw bullet away and give me two lain black top (deversity)  :devil:

greenpigs

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 04, 2006, 03:53:47 PM

One missspelled word and another used incorrectly, your showing improvement. BTW a sentence starts with a capital letter and blacktop is one word, so I guess you made 4 errors and I retract my improvement statement.

See if you can start back in 5th grade to bring you up to speed.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Crazy Larry

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 04, 2006, 12:04:55 PM
and they did not attempt to gay them up like fast and furious.

:haha:

That is a hysterical way to put it - agree 100%

Darkness

The NOS scenes come to mind when you talk about "The Fast and The Furious" lol.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Darkness on March 06, 2006, 06:35:23 PM
The NOS scenes come to mind when you talk about "The Fast and The Furious" lol.

or howabout the NOS buttons in "2 Fast 2 Furious" when those dumbasses take a Hemi Challenger R/T and a Yenko Camaro with the assistnace of their video game steering wheels complete with red NOS buttons like a Nintendo controller.

GAY BLADES the lot of them.

Mike DC

Beware, they're doing a third F/F movie as we speak.  (Well, Paul Walker's still gotta eat & pay for hair gel.) 

This movie is said to involve the drifting scene. 
I don't know any scoop about any possible musclecar presence in the movie one way or the other.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 07, 2006, 08:11:39 PM
Beware, they're doing a third F/F movie as we speak.  (Well, Paul Walker's still gotta eat & pay for hair gel.) 

This movie is said to involve the drifting scene. 
I don't know any scoop about any possible musclecar presence in the movie one way or the other.

oh great..... ::)  :-[ :-X :puke:

69_500

Call me weird but I appreciate even the Fast and Furious movies. They have their places too. Now the Vanishing Point movies are awsome. I love the remake, even more than the origional. Although I can also enjoy watching both of the F&F movies. I don't like how they trash the Charger in the first, nor what they did with the Challenger in th second, but at least they were well filmed movies.

Darkness

Yeah and let's not forget about the Camaro they destroyed in the end of the second one.  :rotz:

dkn1997

and the door they blew off the challenger. surprised we have not seen that one on ebay signed by cooter.
RECHRGED

THE CHARGER PUNK

in the f&f 3 it involves none of the characters from either of the 1st 2 movies an it takes place in tokyo, the movie is call F&F 3 :Tokyo drift, also the muscle car in the movie is featured in ads in mcg,mm,ma,cc,hr magazines it is that purple modernized 1971 challenger with the t/a hood and side exhaust with 18 or 19 inch rims-MATT

96dacia

Hi...can somebody help me finding the 96 movie? Cause i only saw the original, 71 i think...I cant find it on DC++ and i dont know how to find it. Thanks.

96dacia

Im not used to pay for movies...There are movies for free on the DC but this one, i cant fint it, thanks anyway.

70kracken

how long has greenpigs been a english proffesor?  and by the way, i'm pretty sure members don't come on here to get slammed on they're english skills.  if we all were as smart as you, it would be a perfect world huh.........dick!
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Crazy Larry

Quote from: 96dacia on March 12, 2006, 01:55:55 PM
Im not used to pay for movies...There are movies for free on the DC but this one, i cant fint it, thanks anyway.

Just click on this link......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00076ONUU/qid=1142187951/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-1390622-0161713?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

That is its listing on amazon.com

also, Best Buy carries the DVD - I purchased mine there.
Call up your local Best Buy and ask them to check their invesntory to see if they have the movie in stock - if not they will order it from a different store and give you a call when it arrives...all for free.
but you'll still have to pay the retail price

General_01

Quote from: 70kracken on March 12, 2006, 05:49:07 PM
how long has greenpigs been a english proffesor?  and by the way, i'm pretty sure members don't come on here to get slammed on they're english skills.  if we all were as smart as you, it would be a perfect world huh.........dick!

I think he feels the school systems are lacking and he is just trying to help out. :icon_smile_big:

P.S.- Didn't you read his post. Sentences start with capital letters. Also, the word English should be capitalized and professor has one f and two s's. :D

Just messin' with ya dude. :icon_smile_big:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

70kracken

i meant to do all that so he would have something else to talk about

look no period at the end........i'm a retard
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Darkness

70kracken

anyone else get slammed by greenpigs lately?
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

TheGhost

Quote from: 70kracken on March 29, 2006, 08:42:26 PM
anyone else get slammed by greenpigs lately?

It's the internet.  Who cares?

I've never seen either movie, in their entirety.  Local stores don't have em, and I don't watch TV all that often.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

70kracken

just cuz were on the internet, it gives people the right to be an ass to each other.  i don't think so.  on most threads he posts on, he says something slandering to someone, and i've had enough so now it's time to give it back
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Kern Dog

Quote from: greenpigs on March 04, 2006, 04:25:53 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on March 04, 2006, 03:53:47 PM

One missspelled word and another used incorrectly, your showing improvement. BTW a sentence starts with a capital letter and blacktop is one word, so I guess you made 4 errors and I retract my improvement statement.

See if you can start back in 5th grade to bring you up to speed.

:2thumbs:
That is funny as hell.

Birdflu

I agree KD!  :rofl:

Just curious though...what in the world we're you searching for to dig this thread up from '06?

Kern Dog

I was just messing around...I wanted to see how observant people were and if they noticed the dates.  :2thumbs:

Lighthorseman

As a sidenote...

Your :  Belongs to you.
You're:  You are.
Ur :  NOT a word.

... ;)