News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast & Furious 7

Started by Surf Charger, November 07, 2013, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

A few of the cars that will be in Fast & Furious 7 due out Juneish of next year. One of my buddy's old college friends is a producer for the movie, so he let him come out and play when they were shooting in GA. He told me "not sure you want to see what ends up happening to these Mopars though." :(

C_stripes

Nice, lots of Mopars there.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

1974dodgecharger

Wow they are going all out on the mopars.....

Ghoste

Quote from: Surf Charger on November 07, 2013, 02:00:18 PM
A few of the cars that will be in Fast & Furious 7 due out Juneish of next year. One of my buddy's old college friends is a producer for the movie, so he let him come out and play when they were shooting in GA. He told me "not sure you want to see what ends up happening to these Mopars though." :(

And again Hollywood trashes Mopars for a buck.  This cartoon series needs to wreck the ricers and leave the classics alone.

Baldwinvette77

well lettys plymouth is making a comeback.. about 7 comebacks :o

tan top

::)  more wrecked mopars coming up I think !!  :flame:   don't know what they have to wreck them :P

good pictures thanks for posting  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Surf Charger

He had some other pictures with a few more mopars in the background...another couple of roadrunners...and I did see a few newer style challengers. I agree in that I wish they would bash up the ricer cars and leave these alone.

Mikesmoparperformance

Awesome!!! Roadrunner is coming back!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2013, 04:58:10 PM
Quote from: Surf Charger on November 07, 2013, 02:00:18 PM

And again Hollywood trashes Mopars for a buck.  This cartoon series needs to wreck the ricers and leave the classics alone.

But people don't like ricers. Even the people who own them don't like them. Not saying I like to see classic Mopars being destroyed but I do like seeing them being put through the paces on film. You know, whip marks on the haunches but not a broken leg.

polywideblock

every one of these cars that  i'v seen a write up on has been a Frankenstein with a chev motor anyway  :yesnod: even the Jensen  letty drives in 6 is a hack job no interior chev engine etc  .I just don't get it why put the classics in these movies and then hack them up  :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

WHITE AND RED 69

I'm glad they went back to gloss black but why aren't the roadrunners silver? The Hammer roadrunner looked so much better!

Whats worse, seeing them crash on screen? Or hearing about them rotting away on someones property while they say "one day I'll restore it" or refuse to sell. Then next thing they know a tree grew through it and what's left of it is sold for scrap. Both suck but I personally would rather see a car driven hard and crashed then watch it have a slow painful death.

Luckily the ones they wreck are filled with bondo, AMD panels, and have chevy motors.   ;D   What else can you do with chargers with no vin tags?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ghoste

I'd say its about the same.  One is destroyed through negligence and the other is destroyed for a buck.

hatersaurusrex

Better start documenting now, so in 40 years whoever's still on DC.com can argue over how many movie cars were used when one of these turns up in a backyard somewhere :D :D
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on November 07, 2013, 11:13:45 PM
Better start documenting now, so in 40 years whoever's still on DC.com can argue over how many movie cars were used when one of these turns up in a backyard somewhere :D :D

That and where the cars are now lol...

Bob T

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 07, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
I'm glad they went back to gloss black but why aren't the roadrunners silver? The Hammer roadrunner looked so much better!

Whats worse, seeing them crash on screen? Or hearing about them rotting away on someones property while they say "one day I'll restore it" or refuse to sell. Then next thing they know a tree grew through it and what's left of it is sold for scrap. Both suck but I personally would rather see a car driven hard and crashed then watch it have a slow painful death.

Luckily the ones they wreck are filled with bondo, AMD panels, and have chevy motors.   ;D   What else can you do with chargers with no vin tags?

Yeah mate, sbc's or not, the public dont know, all they see are are prime era Mopar muscle being beaten on.
Cool, I'd rather see cars that I admire being trotted out for another generation to see and learn about than some gen x /y jap nothing car .
Got to admire 40+ year old cars being more immortalised in a modern car chase movie either way.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mike DC

QuoteA few of the cars that will be in Fast & Furious 7 due out Juneish of next year. One of my buddy's old college friends is a producer for the movie, so he let him come out and play when they were shooting in GA. He told me "not sure you want to see what ends up happening to these Mopars though."

Your buddy is friends with a producer on the F&F series?  Man that seems like a fun job even if it is a lot of work.

I don't really blame them for dealing with these cars the way they do.  Most fans don't understand what it's like trying to run a modern film production like that.  The cars are small pieces in a very big complex machine.

Ghoste

It may be complex but I still hate seeing them destroy classic cars for the cheap thrill of the masses.

DC_1

Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2013, 08:35:53 AM
It may be complex but I still hate seeing them destroy classic cars for the cheap thrill of the masses.

I agree.... They should make a universal chassis/sub structure that they can bolt or weld AMD panels too and crash that. Use the originals for the close ups and not destroy them for a 10 sec audience thrill

Mike DC

QuoteI agree.... They should make a universal chassis/sub structure that they can bolt or weld AMD panels too and crash that. Use the originals for the close ups and not destroy them for a 10 sec audience thrill

How about an big rollcage with an aftermarket drivetrain.  Aftermarket axle, suspension, seats, dashboard, steering column, pedals . . . that's what their dedicated stunt cars look like right now.  

Most of their '70 Chargers (and all the Daytonas) have already been wearing fiberglass front clips for the last 3 movies, rather than hunting for original 1970 sheetmetal.

Watch at about 0:08 seconds into this (F&F#4) clip, the Charger rams a truck and the fiberglass RF fender comes right off.  Look again at about 0:34 and you can see the 1970 front bumper is cracked-up fiberglass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXnY-v0K4I

Ghoste

Thats the right diection.  :yesnod:

HPP

I wanna know where I can get the parts after they are trashed. With that many on the set, I'm sure I could pick up enough good parts off the carcasses to help out my cause quite nicely.

Surf Charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 08, 2013, 08:22:46 AM
QuoteA few of the cars that will be in Fast & Furious 7 due out Juneish of next year. One of my buddy's old college friends is a producer for the movie, so he let him come out and play when they were shooting in GA. He told me "not sure you want to see what ends up happening to these Mopars though."

Your buddy is friends with a producer on the F&F series?  Man that seems like a fun job even if it is a lot of work.

I don't really blame them for dealing with these cars the way they do.  Most fans don't understand what it's like trying to run a modern film production like that.  The cars are small pieces in a very big complex machine.

Yes, my good friend went to college with the producer of this particular F&F film....he was storing all of the vehicles down in atlanta for the shoot. I'm sure its a fun job to some point. But every job ends up being a job eventually! :)

hatersaurusrex

Sobering Fact:  Anyone born since 1990 is only vaguely aware of The General Lee, probably have never heard of DMCL or Bullitt, and probably think only of Vin Diesel when they think of old school muscle cars and are 90% sure his car is a Chevelle.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

bull

Quote from: polywideblock on November 07, 2013, 07:53:15 PM
every one of these cars that  i'v seen a write up on has been a Frankenstein with a chev motor anyway  :yesnod: even the Jensen  letty drives in 6 is a hack job no interior chev engine etc  .I just don't get it why put the classics in these movies and then hack them up  :shruggy:

They put Generic Motors 350s in them for standardization and cost effectiveness. If every car on the set has the same engine you just buy 10 identical replacement belts, ten sensors, ten dist. caps, etc. Otherwise the techs would be racing around town trying to find a power steering pump for a 70 Dodge 383, a water pump for a 69 Ford 351, and so on.

F8-4life

Let  all the mopars get destroyed, the destruction will be immortalized on film and in the long run help with the next generations appreciation for the cars.
Small price to pay.