News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My project updates...not as far along as Daytonalo!

Started by wetfeetmi, March 05, 2006, 08:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

I am having trouble finding the time lately, but here are a couple.
I used Vega skin and left glass in place to help retain shape. I am getting ready to mount wing. Rick

wetfeetmi

wetfeetmi

Trunklid I have tried 3 times to post a 640 x 480 jpg and I keep getting an error message saying file too large. I will keep trying.

Troy

Quote from: wetfeetmi on March 05, 2006, 08:32:57 AM
Trunklid I have tried 3 times to post a 640 x 480 jpg and I keep getting an error message saying file too large. I will keep trying.
It's not the dimensions - it's the file size. You have to be smaller than 200kb.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hotrod98

Definitely looking good.
I had wondered if removing the glass would affect the shape of the plug while it's being welded in. No one's mentioned having problems getting the glass back in but you might not notice it until you started putting the molidngs back on.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

LOOKS GREAT , IS THAT PLUG CHANNEL FROM THAT 4 DOOR AND YOU WELDED IT TO THE VEGA HATCH . IF YOU HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF THIS ,MAKE SURE YOU MODIFY AND INSTALL HEADLINER TEETH SOON AND ALSO NEED TO COME UP WITH FINISH PANEL THAT GOES BETWEEN PACKAGE TRAY AND LOWER PART OF PLUG . WHAT NOSE AND WING ARE YOU USING. YOU IMPRESSED MY WITH THE WAY YOU MADE THE CUT OFF PIECE FROM YOUR DECK LID AND MODIFIED IT FOR CAP . WE NEED TO SHARE IDEAS, LARRY

wetfeetmi

Setting the Vega piece in wasn't as easy as I had assumed. It simply didn't fit. I went after the sail panel intead. I was going to remove the glass, but thought better of it. I will take it out after all welding is complete.

hotrod98

Larry,
What are you using for the interior trim?  I've seen some on daytona clones that didn't look all that great. There's another part that someone might produce and sell.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

wetfeetmi

Larry, I am not sure what you mean by channel from 4 door? I made the drip rail from square tubing and a piece of 20 guage flat stock bent in the finger brake tacked in place. Still can't get the trunklid photo to upload and it is sized under 200. One more try...
Hey Troy, I donated alot of money to the previous chargeronline, and was wondering if you accept donations. I appreciate what you are doing and want to show my gratitude. Sincerely, Rick