News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Superbird MULE car build

Started by remta1, November 23, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

djcarguy

WONDERING IF OR COULD YA WEIGH ALMOST BARE BIRD NOSE???TRying to get some shipping info an cost figured out without cuttin nose up to ship? will have to cut an narrow for dart so not a super loss to cut. will likly have to cut sides of nose an flatten curve to match dart fenders too?

well getting mounting ideas from your car an Magnumumforce race style daytona,, patently wait for steves--srt-8 nose mount info,ha ha.   going no gasket an ancker to fenders with a crash frame in nose?

thanks   eee watching ya,ho ho ho..lattter  ya safe in zealand   :D :D :D lattter DJ wa y o ff in oregon :cheers:

remta1

remta1

Quote from: djcarguy on December 13, 2013, 11:10:01 AM
  WONDERING IF OR COULD YA WEIGH ALMOST BARE BIRD NOSE???TRying to get some shipping info an cost figured out without cuttin nose up to ship? will have to cut an narrow for dart so not a super loss to cut. will likly have to cut sides of nose an flatten curve to match dart fenders too?

well getting mounting ideas from your car an Magnumumforce race style daytona,, patently wait for steves--srt-8 nose mount info,ha ha.   going no gasket an ancker to fenders with a crash frame in nose?

thanks   eee watching ya,ho ho ho..lattter  ya safe in zealand   :D :D :D lattter DJ wa y o ff in oregon :cheers:

weighs approx. 33 ponds no accurate way as nose is now on the car and mounted .I can lift it comfortably on my own.Yep I have no gasket anchored in frames and front radiator support and lower valance support .
Oregaon doesn't look far away on google maps  :smilielol:

remta1

[
Guard cutout  for coronet fender signal

remta1

decided not to use the fiberglass buckets  drove me nuts to try and tidy up the fiberglass  :brickwall: and  have gone with sheetmetal ones . :2thumbs:

remta1

mock ups using sheet metal .Ihave had to use a single headlight system to get thru compliance , I may change once thru compliance, but am getting used to the look of the single ...you only need it at night anyway :lol:

remta1

the actuator system is from a Honda prelude with pop up headlights they are dime a dozen over here .The whole system I took out of the prelude included the buckets light pods actuators and motors adjusters and wiring etc .

The whole lot cost me $50 bucks ...mock ups for motor mountings

remta1

bucket motors and pivots are fully adjustable both manually and electronically , and the light buckets pop up and down super quick  :2thumbs: because I am not using z braces the whole set up is a lot lighter and I have better air circulation for cooling etc

remta1

:popcrn:

remta1

.buckets look a bit crude until tidied up , managed to get the parking lenses cheap  :yesnod: the whole nose set up wired in and ready to mount

remta1

:popcrn:

Ghoste

Quote from: remta1 on December 14, 2013, 01:11:09 AMOregan doesn't look far away on google maps  :smilielol:

Isn't everything about the same distance from New Zealand?  ;)

remta1

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2013, 07:30:53 PM
Quote from: remta1 on December 14, 2013, 01:11:09 AMOregan doesn't look far away on google maps  :smilielol:

too far for a beer  :'( :lol:

djcarguy

looking great some good an creative work on your mulebird.  when you talked of the complance stuff,inner fender structure an light podes or base. i was thinking you had to use stock lite base.even first pixs with nose mount i was thinking stock lite mount wood work an look great with drop down lite doors or move lite doors up a inch or two an keep the stock fixed lite local. me personally one of my dislikes is the bug eyed pop up lites on any car,think they are way odd on a streamline aero wing car, :Twocents:sorry just my feeling on bug eye look.

but totally love the 69 base idea an way its coming together.will enjoy following ya build and all pixs shared here. thanks an MERRY CHRISTMAS AN HAPPY HOLIDAYs IN ZZZZZ-LAND.

PLEASE DONt  vacation too long ,as some of us are glued too wing car builds an very bored without  our regular updates an mopar fix,iam a mopar addict,i addmit it, having wing withdrawal,,,ho ho ho.love UR 69 bird. :cheers: :D

remta1

Quote from: djcarguy on December 22, 2013, 10:42:15 AM
looking great some good an creative work on your mulebird.  when you talked of the complance stuff,inner fender structure an light podes or base. i was thinking you had to use stock lite base.even first pixs with nose mount i was thinking stock lite mount wood work an look great with drop down lite doors or move lite doors up a inch or two an keep the stock fixed lite local. me personally one of my dislikes is the bug eyed pop up lites on any car,think they are way odd on a streamline aero wing car, :Twocents:sorry just my feeling on bug eye look.

but totally love the 69 base idea an way its coming together.will enjoy following ya build and all pixs shared here. thanks an MERRY CHRISTMAS AN HAPPY HOLIDAYs IN ZZZZZ-LAND.

PLEASE DONt  vacation too long ,as some of us are glued too wing car builds an very bored without  our regular updates an mopar fix,iam a mopar addict,i addmit it, having wing withdrawal,,,ho ho ho.love UR 69 bird. :cheers: :D
ihave gone with single headlight in the meantime ,,will post more pics soon .....don't want you waiting to long DJ  :lol: :cheers:

remta1

time to attack the interior ....floors are super clean absolutely no holes :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

remta1

look all white/yellowy from the dust  :popcrn:

remta1

rustproofed the floors and chipguarded the floors ( chipguard is normally used underneath the car) ..makes a very good sound deadener....

djcarguy

you sure picked a great project car to start with . great floors an body to build with..

HAPPY NEW YEAR DOWN UNDER.  Enjoy the car an build,have a good year an show us winter hibernators what ya up to downunder. :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

fy469rtse

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

nah I'm very close Melbourne Australia , short flight over, it's ou guys that are far away heh

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on January 01, 2014, 05:01:19 AM
  you sure picked a great project car to start with . great floors an body to build with..

HAPPY NEW YEAR DOWN UNDER.  Enjoy the car an build,have a good year an show us winter hibernators what ya up to downunder. :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

remta1

okay , so the bulk of the stuff on the car has been addressed now for the rear fender scoops .Tried unsuccessfully to recreate the factory ones and then decided to go to the extreme.1.KICKASS BIG WING 2.KICKASS BIG NOSE CONE 3.KICK ASS SIDE SCOOPS ?

Only my own opinion but I really like these scoops on my particular car ...after all it is a mule car and everything was experimental  :shruggy:

remta1

L.

remta1

Yep I know wing a bit floppy yet :lol: until final adjustments....