News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Superbird MULE car build

Started by remta1, November 23, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

k8

remta1

2, next stage paint  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

I like the side scoops, But you spent so much time fabricating the front and rear sections why not graft them into the quarters rather than bolt onto?

I love seeing updates to this thread! :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

66FBCharger

What a beautiful job!
I went back and looked at the mule photos and I don't see any side scoops. Are there other photos with side scoops that I haven't seen?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Aero426

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 27, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
What a beautiful job!
I went back and looked at the mule photos and I don't see any side scoops. Are there other photos with side scoops that I haven't seen?

No, because it would have been counter productive to the purpose of the car to install large scoops on the quarters to catch air and increase drag.  

Ghoste

What Doug said, typically scoops in that area are small and added out of a need for brake cooling.

remta1

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 27, 2014, 12:02:58 PM
I like the side scoops, But you spent so much time fabricating the front and rear sections why not graft them into the quarters rather than bolt onto?

I love seeing updates to this thread! :2thumbs:

thanks for the comments , I love posting them  :2thumbs: to get thru compliance they have to be bolted hadn't really thought about grafting but it is a good idea , had seriously thought about running scoops thru body with cutouts to the rear brakes ( still have to fabricate vents for the scoop holes ) after I get it road legal I will readdress ,  :scratchchin: :cheers:

remta1

paint time :drool5:

remta1

clean up on the grass

djcarguy

djcarguy

looks awsum the nose to 69 an wing an top fender scoops all are looking like could bee original concept,great work.

now while i like an have a set like your side scoops on the hood of my 67 belvedere ragtop with some GTXtrim that i built in 1985. an had them on 2 of my 70 dart swinger hoods,an love the twin scoops on hoods. think they may bee alittle big an long for side scoops,but it does give it a personal an mean look. waited days to post an they are growing on me. allways loved the 69 bee an 70 bee-rt coronet side vents scoops.the 70 side scoops are smaller but still add a nice trim break to the quarter panal.

well i say ya car build an enjoy your car your way. i have enjoyed beeing a fly on the wall seeing it come together. are ya going to add a trunk trim plate between tail lites??   enjoy an send some pixs at shows an out an about. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

remta1

Sorry , no posts for a while , just recovering in hospital from a second operation to fix issues from the first operation :brickwall: :hack: :hack:

Bob T

Quote from: remta1 on February 14, 2014, 10:44:20 PM
Sorry , no posts for a while , just recovering in hospital from a second operation to fix issues from the first operation :brickwall: :hack: :hack:

Get well soon bud, was down your way last week on a work trip, wouldn't have minded giving you a bell for a quick look at the car but only had one night free, caught up with Motown Mac in dunners and had a poke round in his garage.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

remta1

As mate that would have been good .kevins got some goodies to show and that motor is looking pretty wicked
I will pm you my contact number
Hi thought I would give you an update have 2 partially collapsed lungs so trying to fight of any further complications there' had emergency surgery on Friday and they had to remove the central nerve system from my groin area as there was damage from the first surgery it stopped me from bring able to walk so I am lucky now as I had my first walk today have catheter and tones into the lungs to make things right had my first stand up and walk before ,very emotional moment so just taking things day by day here in the hospital .

boss429kiwi

Quote from: remta1 on February 16, 2014, 08:42:51 PM
As mate that would have been good .kevins got some goodies to show and that motor is looking pretty wicked
Hi thought I would give you an update have 2 partially collapsed lungs so trying to fight of any further complications there' had emergency surgery on Friday and they had to remove the central nerve system from my groin area as there was damage from the first surgery it stopped me from bring able to walk so I am lucky now as I had my first walk today have catheter and tones into the lungs to make things right had my first stand up and walk before ,very emotional moment so just taking things day by day here in the hospital .

Called in yesterday, while cruising around. No wonder you were not there.
Take care.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Ghoste

Good Lord yes, relax and recuperate!  That sounds like some serious stuff you have going on there. :o

remta1

Quote from: boss429kiwi on February 17, 2014, 12:23:33 AM
Quote from: remta1 on February 16, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

Called in yesterday, while cruising around. No wonder you were not there.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Gary ,I went in for two hernia operations
And it all went haywire from there
Take care.

472 R/T SE

Sorry for your rough stretch.  
We're hoping I stay out of the hospital this year, might be possible to save some money.

I can imagine how emotional a person would get to be able to walk again after being temporarily (at least you were hoping for that) down.  

My worst moment was when my daughter 1st came up to see me.  She stayed @ the door edge & was on high alert cause every time I moved she thought I was gonna transform into "The Tickle Monster" & chase after her picking her up & make believing I was eating her belly....

That ol' hot rod of yours will be waiting for you to get out.  Take care of yourself.   :2thumbs:

boss429kiwi

Hi

(way off subject, from your project)

In October last year, I was rushed to hospital with a burst appendix. 4 days later I was released from hospital, but returned 24 hours late with infection and spent another 4 days in hospital.
Even though I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK!, I must say the care and service I received was outstanding! I found the staff to be caring, friendly and very professional  :angelwing:

Outstanding for a public service.

I hope your experiences are the same.

Cheers
Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

remta1

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 17, 2014, 03:11:31 PM
Sorry for your rough stretch.  
We're hoping I stay out of the hospital this year, might be possible to save some money.

I can imagine how emotional a person would get to be able to walk again after being temporarily (at least you were hoping for that) down.  

My worst moment was when my daughter 1st came up to see me.  She stayed @ the door edge & was on high alert cause every time I moved she thought I was gonna transform into "The Tickle Monster" & chase after her picking her up & make believing I was eating her belly....

The tickle monster nice  :lol:thanks for your support you guys on this site are amazing  :2thumbs:

remta1

Quote from: boss429kiwi on February 17, 2014, 04:24:56 PM
Hi

(way off subject, from your project)

In October last year, I was rushed to hospital with a burst appendix. 4 days later I was released from hospital, but returned 24 hours late with infection and spent another 4 days in hospital.
Even though I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK!, I must say the care and service I received was outstanding! I found the staff to be caring, friendly and very professional  :angelwing:

Outstanding for a public service.

Dead right Gary I have to certainly agree there  ,the level of care and professionalism I have also received has been amazing

Even the foods quite good ,not as good as your cooking thou mate  :drool5: :cheers:

Bob T

Whoa, never guessed it was as dire as that.
All the best for a speedy and full recovery mate.

Yeah, had a few cold ones while at Bruno's bar while I was down there and had the "tour", what a good rooster he is too.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Stevearino

Get well soon man. That Superbird needs a driver for a good shakedown run. :2thumbs:

remta1

Couldn't agree with you more , out of hospital today slow recovery but will be worth it when back to normal .

Have lots more pics to post ,plenty of time to do this now wish I was working on the car though still lots to do Lol

djcarguy