News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Superbird MULE car build

Started by remta1, November 23, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

first test fitting of nose :yesnod:

remta1

guard filling ,looks crude but once ground and painted sweet

remta1

to fit the wider nose onto the 69 guards I had to put   "v "   cuts in the top of the nose and in essence "shrink " the nose slightly as shown in the preliminary
nose fitting

remta1

using the original hood as is in good shape .I have extended and shaped it to fit the nose contours :smash:

JB400

remta1

cheers  :cheers: I think I own half the local hardware store with all the materials to build it  :eek2: .Worth it in the end though

Bob T

So worth it. Haha, got a running account at NZ Fasteners  :icon_smile_big:
The flush look is going to be a win  :2thumbs: wondered how much you'd need to slice for the width modification .With the current rate of progress, you could be looking good for mid/late Jan eh  :scratchchin: I realise the lights will eat up some time though.

As an aside, a mate of mine just got his 4spd Daytona road legal this week, just in time for holiday cruises , O for Oarsome  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

remta1

[quote author=Bob T link=topic=106375.msg1290957#msg1290957 date= :2thumbs:big:
The flush look is going to be a win  :2thumbs: wondered how much you'd need to slice for the width modification .With the current rate of progress, you could be looking good for mid/late Jan eh  :scratchchin: I realise the lights will eat up some time though.

As an aside, a mate of mine just got his 4spd Daytona road legal this week, just in time for holiday cruises , O for Oarsome  :2thumbs:
[/quote]

classic Tua quote eh  :smilielol:
I didn't have to shrink very much to make it fit, would love to see some pics of the Daytona 

Stevearino

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

remta1

remta1

remta1

next up came the fender scoops , I had to narrow these to fit the guard width .I made them more Daytona looking as the 69 guards are are bit squarer and the bubble look didn't quite fit the rest of the contours

Ghoste

Are you doing all of the work yourself or is this a project where you have called in help? 

remta1

have done most of the work myself , but have a buddy who does the painting side of things he has also helped me with the electrics etc .
He says I always overengineer everything so if it takes me longer to do stuff then that's okay I don't want to take any shortcuts or have regrets :yesnod:

remta1

remta1

starting to tidy up the bodywork now

remta1

remta1

now for the nose , this is by far the easiest part to do ...... :whistling: :sarcasmalert:
decided to use this spoiler , with the stabilisers on the bottom it gives it a race look stance

remta1

reminds me of this  :smilielol:

Bob T

:smilielol: cue the music do dooo do do dooooo do
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

You have a nice variety of skillsets then Remta.

djcarguy

WOW LOOKING GREAT,totally like the way its working out with 69 hood an fenders. the fenders line an marker lite match with quarter is great. was concerned or up set bout cutting those nice 69 fenders,but great to see ya keep that upper side style line to match. may i sugest drilling an wiring all trimmed off parts together with grill ,for patterns or restoration down the line. not that i wood ever change it back as nice as it is turning out..

think some road runner hood grills or small scoops wood look good to on it.totally understand not starting with rr hood,cost an shipping an purist up in arms an all that.

MY 1,   :icon_smile_question: only concern i see looks like you may have glassed over some rivets an little snitch plates on scoops  :icon_smile_question: or nose cone??    have seen repairs an custom fiberglass work ruined later on as some aluminum rivets an or screws corroide an cause lumps in the glass work. one friends vette looked like crap bout a year after the nose repair 2 lines of lumps across the nose repair.JUST A IDEA TOO SAVE PROBLEMS LATER?

looking great, i ordered a bird nose for my dartona custom.thanks for pixs an inspiration.latter DJ  :2thumbs: :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers:

remta1

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2013, 07:00:49 AM
You have a nice variety of skillsets then Remta.
Call me Jase ,cheers I have learnt lots too, always keen to give things a go ...doesn't always turn out successful sometimes though , but that's life :lol:

remta1

Quote from: djcarguy on December 10, 2013, 07:30:46 AM
WOW LOOKING GREAT,totally like the way its working out with 69 hood an fenders. the fenders line an marker lite match with quarter is great. was concerned or up set bout cutting those nice 69 fenders,but great to see ya keep that upper side style line to match. may i sugest drilling an wiring all trimmed off parts together with grill ,for patterns or restoration down the line. not that i wood ever change it back as nice as it is turning out..

think some road runner hood grills or small scoops wood look good to on it.totally understand not starting with rr hood,cost an shipping an purist up in arms an all that.

MY 1,   :icon_smile_question: only concern i see looks like you may have glassed over some rivets an little snitch plates on scoops  :icon_smile_question: or nose cone??    have seen repairs an custom fiberglass work ruined later on as some aluminum rivets an or screws corroide an cause lumps in the glass work. one friends vette looked like crap bout a year after the nose repair 2 lines of lumps across the nose repair.JUST A IDEA TOO SAVE PROBLEMS LATER?

looking great, i ordered a bird nose for my dartona custom.thanks for pixs an inspiration.latter DJ  :2thumbs: :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers:
cheers for the compliments DJ ,like your ideas  hopefully I don't have issues with the glassing really important to get the airbubbles out of the resin
cant wait to see the pics of your dartona :2thumbs: build