News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Liquid or Gel Rust Removers: Share your Experiences

Started by bill440rt, September 10, 2013, 08:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2013, 10:04:55 AM
SOS pad + barkeepers friend.  Give it a shot.

Dino FYI... the primary ingredient in Barkeepers Friend is... oxalic acid.  :yesnod:

From what I've read about Evaporust is that it may discolor the chrome.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Quote from: bill440rt on December 04, 2013, 04:09:02 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2013, 10:04:55 AM
SOS pad + barkeepers friend.  Give it a shot.

Dino FYI... the primary ingredient in Barkeepers Friend is... oxalic acid.  :yesnod:

From what I've read about Evaporust is that it may discolor the chrome.

I know, that's why it works.   :icon_smile_big:

It is also a non scouring powder so the sos pad is the worst part of it, and that is not too bad.   :2thumbs:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi-hampton

roger440

Ive found oxalic acid removes every kind of plating, like zinc, galanising etc. Cant say ive tried it on chrome, but i wouldn't be surprised if it took that off to.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester