News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack Instructions Decal

Started by Tri-Poised, November 27, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tri-Poised

Question, does anybody have a photo of exactly where the jack instructions decal should go on
a Superbird?  I bought the single reproduction decal, but I think I've seen two decals on certain
cars.  Any help would be much appreciated.

70Sbird

not a very close or clear pic, but there are my original jack decals on thi inside of the trunk:

Scott Faulkner

FJ5WING

Heres what I had. Original as well.
wingless now, but still around.

Tri-Poised

Thanks, guys.  Much appreciated.

1970Moparmann

Great question! 

Who makes the best reproduction?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 28, 2013, 09:57:50 AM
Great question! 

david patik  at performance car graphics
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

ECS

Great question!  

Would you like to see a close up, side by side comparison with the original decal to see who actually makes the most correct version?  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ECS on December 06, 2013, 12:36:57 AM
Great question!  

Would you like to see a close up, side by side comparison with the original decal to see who actually makes the most correct version?  :2thumbs:

Does a bear dump in the woods? 

ECS

Here are a few original samples compared to our Reproductions.  I spent hundreds of hours graphically recreating every detail and nuance found on the Factory versions.  It's ironic how some of our "competitors" used our items and copied them to create some of their offerings.  :lol:  I can assure you that our Jacking Decals are perfect reproductions of the ones originally used on Chrysler vehicles. 

A383Wing

so where is the other reproductions so we can compare and decide for ourselves?

ECS

Quote from: A383Wing on December 06, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

I can only suggest that those who made the comments regarding "who is best" do the same thing I did and post pictures to support their statements. 

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on December 06, 2013, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 06, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

I can only suggest that those who made the comments regarding "who is best" do the same thing I did and post pictures to support their statements. 

Do you make the 'bird front jack instruction sticker?

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on December 06, 2013, 04:41:12 PM
Do you make the 'bird front jack instruction sticker?

Yes Sir.....also formatted from a Factory Super-bird Decal.  :2thumbs:

RJS

You guy's really didn't know that ECS is the Best at what they do???

A383Wing

Quote from: RJS on December 06, 2013, 06:07:45 PM

Jury is still out..no other examples have been posted

ECS

Quote from: A383Wing on December 06, 2013, 07:50:52 PM

The decals are either 100% correct or they exhibit incorrect variations.  One of the reasons I started reproducing decals was because the competition's versions exhibited incorrect features.  (This also applies to almost every other component decal that they offer.)  The overall appearance was incorrect, they had the wrong fonts, the letter kerning was incorrect or the image coloring and material composition was wrong.   Ours are dead on exact so I guarantee that no other vendor is going to "better" what we offer.  I'm not trying to sound arrogant......those are the facts.  I was hoping moparstuart would post sample pictures to support his statement but if he won't, I'll be happy to point out the incorrect features from side by side by side comparison photos. 

Until then, please feel free to point out any incorrect aspects between the original decals and the ECS reproductions posted in the previous photos.  Some of the original photos are black & white scans but I will update them with the original colored examples I found while searching through our archives earlier today.  :2thumbs:   

RJS

Quote from: A383Wing on December 06, 2013, 07:50:52 PM

You really have to be kidding me, when I want side stripes for my car I call Performance Car Graphics but when I want correct decals I call ECS.

Are you guys that don't know this new to the hobby?
Ron

ECS

Quote from: RJS on December 06, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
You really have to be kidding me, when I want side stripes for my car I call Performance Car Graphics but when I want correct decals I call ECS.

Are you guys that don't know this new to the hobby?
Ron

Thanks Ron!  I am compiling comparisons of original Jacking Instructions, our reproductions and the competition's examples.  I'm also going to include other decals to show how these incorrect discrepancies are not specific to just the Jacking Instructions.  The majority of "restored" cars are running around with (incorrect) decals that do not represent what originally came on their Chrysler vehicles.  :shruggy:   Stay tuned..........  :2thumbs:  

FJ5WING

Ron,
I think theres just some pot stirring going on! im not sure how anyone sitting in on a Mopar related message board dosent know which vendors to call.

wingless now, but still around.

1970Moparmann

Sorry FJ5WING, I FORGOT.   Shame on me.........Put a freak'in fork in me.   This is why some people aren't coming on here as much - they are sick of the comments and the BS that there seems to be.... It's a shame in my book.

Thank's ECS! :2thumbs:

Tri-Poised

Wow, didn't mean to start a fire here.  Please note my initial question on the top of this thread.  Just wanted
to know how many decals should be there and where to put them.  Thanks to the many helpful posts, however.

ECS

Quote from: Tri-Poised on December 08, 2013, 11:19:22 AM
Wow, didn't mean to start a fire here.......

Isn't it funny how some people get so upset and defensive when they are asked to substantiate their bold claims?!?  One would think that the Restoration Market would appreciate products that are manufactured with true Factory authenticity. Some people reference "BS" because THEIR "BS" gets exposed for what it is.  Should I apologize that the truth is told to the industry and the facts conveyed?  I think not!  For some people posting here it's not about what is factual.  It's all about the good old boys club and their cronies who want to promote incorrect as being correct.  If they don't like the truth and facts being disclosed to the hobby.....TOUGH!  This isn't not a popularity contest.  Correct is correct and everything else is an injustice to those who pay their hard earned money for products that are advertised as something they are not!  The vendors who reproduce items incorrectly should look no further than the mirror to direct their frustrations.  It wasn't me that caused them to fall short of the mark.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

sorry for my ignorants but in the Wing Car community we support our own .

After being trashed in this thread I can guarantee you Dave you will never ever get a dime of my money .   I guess i was stupid to support you in some other questionable threads .

David is a long time wing car owner and friend and has worked to support the wing car community since day one .   :Twocents:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE