News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack Instructions Decal

Started by Tri-Poised, November 27, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbird

I know the frustration of receiving parts that do not match originals. A couple of years ago I purchased 2 dash pads for my Superbirds from a supplier that advertised their parts as the best. In many ways the parts were nice, and the service was good. However, at the radio area the profiles were quite a bit off, and at the ends the profile was too wide also. So I never installed the parts.

The original part and profile is at the top.

Redbird

End Profiles

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on December 08, 2013, 04:20:18 PM

After being trashed in this thread I can guarantee you Dave you will never ever get a dime of my money .

You "trashed" yourself.  With all due respect, I don't care if you never spend "a dime" with me because I spoke the truth and conveyed the facts.  I don't prostitute myself to gain patronage from anyone.  Like I said earlier, it's not a popularity contest for me.   People like you get caught in your own biased ignorance and then want to blame someone else when exposed for your mis-direction.  Take responsibility for what you say and be ready to back it up. 
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Aero426

Quote from: Redbird on December 08, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
I know the frustration of receiving parts that do not match originals. A couple of years ago I purchased 2 dash pads for my Superbirds from a supplier that advertised their parts as the best. In many ways the parts were nice, and the service was good. However, at the radio area the profiles were quite a bit off, and at the ends the profile was too wide also. So I never installed the parts.

The original part and profile is at the top.

The dash pads area good example of reproduction parts that buyers might have "accepted" back in the dark ages of the 1990's.   

moparstuart

Quote from: ECS on December 08, 2013, 05:33:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 08, 2013, 04:20:18 PM

After being trashed in this thread I can guarantee you Dave you will never ever get a dime of my money .

You "trashed" yourself.  With all due respect, I don't care if you never spend "a dime" with me because I spoke the truth and conveyed the facts.  I don't prostitute myself to gain patronage from anyone.  Like I said earlier, it's not a popularity contest for me.   People like you get caught in your own biased ignorance and then want to blame someone else when exposed for your mis-direction.  Take responsibility for what you say and be ready to back it up.  
You will be your own down fall , trashing good people , I get around alot in the mopar world and i will never ever promote you or your trashing of other people .  If you have a great product it should promote and speak for itself you dont need to go around trashing good people to build yourself and your over blownup ego .   :Twocents:  As i said i had no beef with you untill this thread but now i see well why your name is dragged through the gutter so much .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Redbird

The dash is B/E&A from a couple of years ago.

moparstuart

Quote from: Redbird on December 08, 2013, 10:20:02 PM
The dash is B/E&A from a couple of years ago.
i have one in the bird that came from P& G and its way short on each end doesnt even reach the a-pillar moldings let alone slide into them like it should

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on December 08, 2013, 08:00:24 PM
I get around alot in the mopar world and i will never ever promote you or your trashing of other people.......

You call it "trashing" and I call it stating the facts!  It was YOU who posted the erroneous comment about who was "best".  Don't pretend that you weren't purposely dissing ECS by saying something incorrect was better than what we offer.  A small group of you on this forum are constantly trying to disparage ANYTHING associated with me or my Company. Your instigating and thinly veiled insults are comical at best.  :lol:  

Why not use substantiated proof to "trash" my products and reputation?  You obviously know how to post pictures!  Why don't you take a coupe of minuets to post a close up picture of the Jacking Instructions Decal on your car?  Wouldn't a picture proving how inept we are regarding our products be more compelling than having to tell people not to use us because you don't like how I defend my products?  By all means Stuart, post a picture to prove your "best" comment or are you worried it will actually show how biased and erroneous your statement really was?

moparstuart

Quote from: ECS on December 08, 2013, 10:35:47 PM
I get around alot in the mopar world and i will never ever promote you or your trashing of other people.......

You call it "trashing" and I call it stating the facts!  It was YOU who posted the erroneous comment about who was "best".  Don't pretend that you weren't purposely dissing ECS by saying something incorrect was better than what we offer.  A small group of you on this forum are constantly trying to disparage ANYTHING associated with me or my Company. Your instigating and thinly veiled insults are comical at best.  :lol:  

Why not use substantiated proof to "trash" my products and reputation?  You obviously know how to post pictures!  Why don't you take a coupe of minuets to post a close up picture of the Jacking Instructions Decal on your car?  Wouldn't a picture proving how inept we are regarding our products be more compelling than having to tell people not to use us because you don't like how I defend my products?  By all means Stuart, post a picture to prove your "best" comment or are you worried it will actually show how biased and erroneous your statement really was?
you have you opinion i have mine , if you were a decent and upstanding vender you could have just said you made them and in your opinion yours were superior but no , you had to go and trash my opinion and also other companies that you compete with .  As  i said before if you make a superior product you should let it speak for it self , but as soon as you started putting down other you lost all respect .  

It very funny you think i'm part of some conspiracy to trash you and your company , infact i was on your side i thought untill today , Infact your biggest fan on this board Brian and are a very tight so because of him i was also on your side . But then today as i have not had to much time with some personal stuff going on i come back across this thread and see you trashing me and other venders ?  No idea why you think i'm part of some group after you ? Infact i was going to buy some of your carpet  as everyone has been raving about .  infact another Brian 1hotdaytona had convinced me to get it i just hadnt gotten around to it yet .  So maybe you should do less trashing and concentrate on your product it will keep you more customers .  How to win friends and influence people

talkiemopar

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on December 08, 2013, 11:02:03 PM
if you were a decent and upstanding vender you could have just said you made them and in your opinion yours were superior but no , you had to go and trash my opinion....
I did exactly what you suggested Stuart.  Go back and review the thread.  Nowhere did I say ANYTHING that was rude towards you.  I asked the Gentleman who originally posted the "best" question if he would like to see what the originals look like to determine who makes the most accurate version.  I then proceeded to post pictorial proof.  By all means, point out the comment(s) where I was "trashing" you!

It's humorous that you think you can control People's desires to obtain accurate Factory reproduction products based on your dislike for the way I've responded.  I bet their desire to get accurate parts for their OE projects far exceeds your personal agenda against ECS.  (And I'm the one with the "over blown ego"?)   :lol:  Like I said Stuart it's not a personality contest for me.  If you want the best reproductions, for the best price and fast service.....we can handle your requirements.  If your patronage is based on something other than the quality of our products, you're better off using someone else!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: ECS on December 08, 2013, 11:35:11 PM
if you were a decent and upstanding vender you could have just said you made them and in your opinion yours were superior but no , you had to go and trash my opinion....
I did exactly what you suggested Stuart.  Go back and review the thread.  Nowhere did I say ANYTHING that was rude towards you.  I asked the Gentleman who originally posted the "best" question if he would like to see what the originals look like to determine who makes the most accurate version.  I then proceeded to post pictorial proof.  By all means, point out the comment(s) where I was "trashing" you!

It's humorous that you think you can control People's desires to obtain accurate Factory reproduction products based on your dislike for the way I've responded.  I bet their desire to get accurate parts for their OE projects far exceeds your personal agenda against ECS.  (And I'm the one with the "over blown ego"?)   :lol:  Like I said Stuart it's not a personality contest for me.  If you want the best reproductions, for the best price and fast service.....we can handle your requirements.  If your patronage is based on something other than the quality of our products, you're better off using someone else!  :2thumbs:
Your right you could have NOS exact and perfect and i would never ever buy from you,  Its the people in this hobby that make it great or make it a horrible experience .

A383Wing

I have been in this Mopar hobby since 1974, I have never heard of this "ECS" company until now...and based on his arrogant attitude toward people here, I'm surprised he's still in business.

ECS

ECS

Quote from: A383Wing on December 08, 2013, 11:59:33 PM
I have been in this Mopar hobby since 1974, I have never heard of this "ECS" company until now...and based on his arrogant attitude toward people here, I'm surprised he's still in business.

Imagine that?!?  ECS is successful in spite of the fact that you were unaware of our existence.  

.........and you think I'M the one with arrogant attitude?   :smilielol:

FJ5WING

Im sorry how some of you feel but I want the correct parts whenever possible. I will continue to buy from ECS and I will wager as soon as the long awaited trunk mats are released (Any update Dave?) so will most of this guys. I bought some ill fitting repop parts recently and only installed them temporarily until I can get my originals restored.

Ive delt with two different vendors who swore to never buy from ECS but bought ECS product through a dealer.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 09, 2013, 06:24:34 AM
Im sorry how some of you feel but I want the correct parts whenever possible. I will continue to buy from ECS and I will wager as soon as the long awaited trunk mats are released (Any update Dave?) so will most of this guys. I bought some ill fitting repop parts recently and only installed them temporarily until I can get my originals restored.

Ive delt with two different vendors who swore to never buy from ECS but bought ECS product through a dealer.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
I still   Love you and love your buddy  , hope you get what you want  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

There are other Quality suppliers out there , those who dont trash on there compettitors. , If you want a good quality product from a great guy who
has owned wing cars since the beginning , and been the number one tech guy on them for year .  Who gives his information freely to the wing car community and doesnt trash you on public forums or talk about you behind your back .     He also has lots of great infomation and give out templates for parts placement free of charge all you have to do is pay the shipping  .

contact David at http://www.performancecargraphics.com/

ECS

Im sorry how some of you feel but I want the correct parts whenever possible. I will continue to buy from ECS and I will wager as soon as the long awaited trunk mats are released (Any update Dave?)

Thank you very much!  We already have all the major pieces in place and are waiting for the equipment that will cut the rubber by means of programable coordinates.  I should know more this week and will keep you updated.

I don't understand how some of these guys feel that pointing out the benefits your product has over the competition is considered "trashing" them.  Almost every commercial, magazine add, radio spot, etc....... features a product that shows how their benefits are better than the competitions.  YEAR ONE use to take out full page adds that had a headline which read:  PARTS ARE PARTS.....RIGHT?  They would then proceed to show side by side comparisons how their product was superior to what was offered by the "competition".

Moparstuart must not understand product advertising or his issues with me are what I said in a previous post.  A small group of these guys don't like me for personal reasons and start trouble anytime the situation presents itself.  I'm still waiting for him to point out the comment(s) where he claims I "trashed" him.  Sorry stuart but at this juncture your accusations are just like your "best" comments.............unsubstantiated, biased rhetoric! 

RJS

FJ that's how I feel too. I want the best I can get for my cars.
I have used PCG for 25+ years but they are good at certain things not all. The biggest downfall was when David was asking for Vin rubbings and fender tag tracing to sell you an incorrect door vin decal. All that info. was going straight to Galen.
I only call PCG (David) for my stripes, he is the best IMHO

Galen I used in different area's over the years and I have to say he never hurt me in any way shape or form, infact he saved me on a misrepresented A12 car. Other's in the hobby have had major problems with him.

The point of what I'm trying to say is Loyalty is good but do it for the right reasons.

ECS is by far the best we have for all these stickers etc... Does Dave get "Super Passionate" in his delivery? You bet!

ECS has me for a customer for all he sells or until I smarten up and take up Knitting as a hobby.

Stuart I don't know you from a hole in the wall but you seem to have a tendency to run with a flag even when you are shown that your not on the best team.

These are my thoughts and you may not see eye to eye but winter just started so let's just slow down.
Ron

resq302

Quote from: RJS on December 09, 2013, 12:06:39 PM

FJ that's how I feel too. I want the best I can get for my cars.
I have used PCG for 25+ years but they are good at certain things not all. The biggest downfall was when David was asking for Vin rubbings and fender tag tracing to sell you an incorrect door vin decal. All that info. was going straight to Galen.
I only call PCG (David) for my stripes, he is the best IMHO

Galen I used in different area's over the years and I have to say he never hurt me in any way shape or form, infact he saved me on a misrepresented A12 car. Other's in the hobby have had major problems with him.

The point of what I'm trying to say is Loyalty is good but do it for the right reasons.

ECS is by far the best we have for all these stickers etc... Does Dave get "Super Passionate" in his delivery? You bet!

ECS has me for a customer for all he sells or until I smarten up and take up Knitting as a hobby.

Stuart I don't know you from a hole in the wall but you seem to have a tendency to run with a flag even when you are shown that your not on the best team.

These are my thoughts and you may not see eye to eye but winter just started so let's just slow down.
Ron

I agree with you RJS and FJ5.  I also want the best of what is correct for my car.  If it means paying a little bit more for the product then so be it as long as it is correct and fits like it should.  I'm tired of doing double the work and cost for trying to get something that is correct. 

I am currently going through hell with trying to get the correct shade of paint for the steel dash frame for the GTX.  I thought I was doing good with going through PCG as I have had good results with them in the past.  However, their brown for 69 differs from the what was originally on our untouched original dash paint.  Its possible that it could be a 68 color left over as our car has a Sched. Prod. date of 10/3/68.  I will say that PCG is doing everything possible to make it right and for that, I will continue to use them.

Just the same, ECS is the best at decals and other stuff that they offer.  If it wasn't correct or accurate, Dave wouldn't sell it period!  His mentality when it comes to products is very similar to mine....  Why sell it when it will not fit or work properly? 

Do people get passionate about things that they love and enjoy?  ABSOLUTELY!  I know I do with my cars, house, property, and most importantly, my kids and family.  If I am wrong, then I'm wrong.  No where does it say that anyone has to strictly buy from one person or conform to one side.  Thats why this country is so great.  We are all entitled to our own opinions and views.  I also take the stand point of if you don't like to talk to me cause of my demeanor, then don't talk to me.  Plain and simple.  Might that effect the sales of my alternator belt adjusting tool?  Possibly, but I am also not forcing you to buy my product.  I am also the type of person that if I don't like you, I will tell you straight to your face. I  don't side step anything.  Do I try and work out my differences with people?  Absolutely.

Anyway, back on topic. If you are looking for the best correct decals out there, then ECS is the way to go.  However, as stated before, you can purchase from anywhere you want depending on your desired outcome.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

roger440

Quote from: ECS on December 08, 2013, 10:35:47 PM

you have you opinion i have mine , if you were a decent and upstanding vender you could have just said you made them and in your opinion yours were superior but no , you had to go and trash my opinion and also other companies that you compete with .  As  i said before if you make a superior product you should let it speak for it self , but as soon as you started putting down other you lost all respect .  

It very funny you think i'm part of some conspiracy to trash you and your company , infact i was on your side i thought untill today , Infact your biggest fan on this board Brian and are a very tight so because of him i was also on your side . But then today as i have not had to much time with some personal stuff going on i come back across this thread and see you trashing me and other venders ?  No idea why you think i'm part of some group after you ? Infact i was going to buy some of your carpet  as everyone has been raving about .  infact another Brian 1hotdaytona had convinced me to get it i just hadnt gotten around to it yet .  So maybe you should do less trashing and concentrate on your product it will keep you more customers .  How to win friends and influence people

Ahh, the carpet. I tried to buy some of that for my car but they wouldn't sell it to me. Got my other stuff, but no carpet. Shame, had to buy some less good carpet instead.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

resq302

Roger, was that the time that they were moving their warehouses?  I seem to recall others had some problems during that time due to them trying to limit their product to make an easier move or something.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

roger440

Quote from: resq302 on December 09, 2013, 05:09:03 PM
Roger, was that the time that they were moving their warehouses?  I seem to recall others had some problems during that time due to them trying to limit their product to make an easier move or something.

Dont know. Couldn't get a straight answer as to why. In the end i gave up. Just had to go with one of the usual suspects. More than happy with what i did get though, ie, decals, tags etc.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

ECS

Quote from: RJS on December 09, 2013, 12:06:39 PMThe point of what I'm trying to say is Loyalty is good but do it for the right reasons.....

Thanks again for your kind words of support Ron!  There are MANY vendors who falsely advertise and miss-represent their products as being something they are not.  Why are some of you not upset about being lied to and miss-directed all these years?  Instead, they all jump on the band wagon and criticize guys like me who try to bring them the best product available for their vehicles.  I'm deemed the bad guy for simply doing things right and being honest with the Enthusiasts.  Some of the people posting here have their sentiments and complaints BACKWARDS.  I guess for them, no good deed goes unpunished.............unbelievable!

Below are some comparisons that should not be offensive to anyone.  The tire pressure decals pictured below are for a 1969 Z/28 Camaro.  This is a classic example of the false advertising that is constantly expressed to the Restoration Industry.  The "competition" claims their decal is "Factory correct" and a "Quality Product".  Do you guys think their claims are accurate & true?  For the record, there will be one or two GM hobbyists who want to rake me over the coals for having the audacity to manufacture a correct version.  The "competition" version has been the ONLY type the Z/28 Guys have had to choose from when buying a Tire Pressure Decal.  Sad but true!