News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack Instructions Decal

Started by Tri-Poised, November 27, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Hmm, not exactly a small difference there is it?

RJS

I don't know and really don't care but if I had to take a stab at it I'd say that is a Jim Osbourne part.
No disrespect intended because I believe the actual man is deceased.
Ron

John L

Swampwing2

Quote from: RJS on December 06, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 06, 2013, 07:50:52 PM
Quote from: RJS on December 06, 2013, 06:07:45 PM
You guy's really didn't know that ECS is the Best at what they do???

Jury is still out..no other examples have been posted

You really have to be kidding me, when I want side stripes for my car I call Performance Car Graphics but when I want correct decals I call ECS.

Are you guys that don't know this new to the hobby?
Ron

RJS, You seem just as full of yourself as ECS. I have been in this hobby since 1986. Owned a couple dozen older Mopars when they were still disposable, and have had my current ride for 19 years which I just got in primer today for the second time in 19 years. Does that make me new to the hobby or are you just another car flipper or body shop that needs to buy decals every month? (I really don't care)  Seriously, your ignorance about others in the hobby is nothing short of amusing. Until now I could not care less who made decals, which is why I opened this thread.  ECS may very well have the perfect decals but there are more polite ways to prove it.   Showing was a great idea, calling others out was childish. We all have our opinions. Now I know the competitors will fool pretty much anyone who will look at my car and still be presentable. I will leave the ECS ones for those guys who need to brag about how correct their decals are. 
This is still a hobby for some of us, including me, obviously not for others, including you.

So, to get this thread back on track, is there anyone else that makes decals (including stripes that PCG apparently does well) that 99.99% of the people at car shows will never be able to tell the difference of how correct they are?  I will need a full set inside and out soon and can only guess that ECS charges hemi prices for his. 

71ChallengeHer

I'm not sure . I will ask my brother where he gets his stuff.

resq302

Quote from: ECS on December 09, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
Quote from: RJS on December 09, 2013, 12:06:39 PMThe point of what I'm trying to say is Loyalty is good but do it for the right reasons.....

Thanks again for your kind words of support Ron!  There are MANY vendors who falsely advertise and miss-represent their products as being something they are not.  Why are some of you not upset about being lied to and miss-directed all these years?  Instead, they all jump on the band wagon and criticize guys like me who try to bring them the best product available for their vehicles.  I'm deemed the bad guy for simply doing things right and being honest with the Enthusiasts.  Some of the people posting here have their sentiments and complaints BACKWARDS.  I guess for them, no good deed goes unpunished.............unbelievable!

Below are some comparisons that should not be offensive to anyone.  The tire pressure decals pictured below are for a 1969 Z/28 Camaro.  This is a classic example of the false advertising that is constantly expressed to the Restoration Industry.  The "competition" claims their decal is "Factory correct" and a "Quality Product".  Do you guys think their claims are accurate & true?  For the record, there will be one or two GM hobbyists who want to rake me over the coals for having the audacity to manufacture a correct version.  The "competition" version has been the ONLY type the Z/28 Guys have had to choose from when buying a Tire Pressure Decal.  Sad but true!

Wow!  Tons of differences between the ones on the left/center and the one on the right.  Its been a while since I got any GM decals for our el camino so I couldn't remember who would make them.  Again, like I said, there are people who want stuff that is CORRECT and then there are people who don't care what they have or put on their car.  For those who want the CORRECT stuff on their car, I THANK YOU for putting forth that extra effort.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
Showing was a great idea, calling others out was childish. ...........and can only guess that ECS charges hemi prices for his.

There are at LEAST 4 other vendors that are manufacturing decals for the hobby  If you can point out where I "called out" just ONE of these vendors by name, I'll give you ANYTHING we make and at ANY quantity for free along with $10,000 in cash!  On second thought lets make it $100,000!  Some of you continue to say things that are totally inaccurate.  Below are the quotes (word for word) that I posted prior to listing the pictures.  Please show me where I "called out" ANY vendor within this entire thread!  (For the record, the average cost for our decal products are between $6 & $8 each.) 

First post: Would you like to see a close up, side by side comparison with the original decal to see who actually makes the most correct version?

Second post accompanied by the photos: Here are a few original samples compared to our Reproductions.  I spent hundreds of hours graphically recreating every detail and nuance found on the Factory versions.  It's ironic how some of our "competitors" used our items and copied them to create some of their offerings.    I can assure you that our Jacking Decals are perfect reproductions of the ones originally used on Chrysler vehicles.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

Dave,

I don't recall you calling anyone out or using any brand names pointing at any particular vendor.  Heck, for your offer, I might double back and recheck my reading. (not that I would find anything different than what was posted)  :popcrn:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Swampwing2

Swampwing2

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 09:17:56 PM
Never mind.

Actually no.  I deleted my first post thinking I may have misread your earlier comments.

ECS you posted
"I can only suggest that those who made the comments regarding "who is best" do the same thing I did and post pictures to support their statements. 

I never typed or implied vendor. You called out someone because you did not like their opinion. Simple as that. How else can that be interpreted? You called them out. You have a superior product and you wanted to make anyone who disagreed with you look like a fool. You called them out. Where did I say vendor?

I like how you only offered the deal about calling out a vendor since that never happened.  Kind of like a bait and switch.

ECS

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 09:28:46 PMimplied vendor.....

That's exactly right.  Some of you erroneously expressed your assumptions as if it was something that I actually stated.  When you can't ask someone a simple question or request that they post information to support their view, then they need to pick up their sippy cup........get out of the sandbox and go inside to put on their big boy pants.  :2thumbs:

Do any of you use the "QUICKER PICKER UPPER"  also known as Bounty Paper Towels?  If so, you had better throw them away as quick as possible. Take a look at their advertisement linked below.  Can you believe that they have the crass and audacity to promote the benefits they feel they have over their "competition"?  I can hardly believe the arrogant attitude and position they took regarding their product.  HOW DARE they promote their superior features!  I'll never buy from them again due to their rude advertising tactics.  What a bunch of conceited jerks.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GjfiCmaSA

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 09:28:46 PM
Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 09:17:56 PM
Never mind.

Actually no.  I deleted my first post thinking I may have misread your earlier comments.

ECS you posted
"I can only suggest that those who made the comments regarding "who is best" do the same thing I did and post pictures to support their statements.  

I never typed or implied vendor. You called out someone because you did not like their opinion. Simple as that. How else can that be interpreted? You called them out. You have a superior product and you wanted to make anyone who disagreed with you look like a fool. You called them out. Where did I say vendor?

I like how you only offered the deal about calling out a vendor since that never happened.  Kind of like a bait and switch.
thank you                 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2013, 10:17:46 PM
thank you.......

What bothers you more Stuart?  That you were asked to support your comment or the fact that you know you can't?

moparstuart

Quote from: ECS on December 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2013, 10:17:46 PM
thank you.......

What bothers you more Stuart?  That you were asked to support your comment or the fact that you know you can't?
what bothers me is your arrogants and nastiness .    As i said before if your opinion was that your product was superior then just state it and let your better product speak for its self.
 But no you had to grind it and grind it and belittle people .  Well I dont scare and run off  .  I will call an ass an ass .   :dance:

Swampwing2

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 08, 2013, 09:15:20 AM
Sorry FJ5WING, I FORGOT.   Shame on me.........Put a freak'in fork in me.   This is why some people aren't coming on here as much - they are sick of the comments and the BS that there seems to be.... It's a shame in my book.

Thank's ECS! :2thumbs:

Exactly.  That's one reason I only have 20 some odd posts in a few years.

ECS called him out AGAIN.  Way to go.  A real class act.  ::)

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 09, 2013, 10:36:35 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 08, 2013, 09:15:20 AM
Sorry FJ5WING, I FORGOT.   Shame on me.........Put a freak'in fork in me.   This is why some people aren't coming on here as much - they are sick of the comments and the BS that there seems to be.... It's a shame in my book.

Thank's ECS! :2thumbs:

Exactly.  That's one reason I only have 20 some odd posts in a few years.

ECS called him out AGAIN.  Way to go.  A real class act.  ::)

:2thumbs:
:2thumbs:

pettybird

Well, Dave, we've got a special prize for you here today:

Yep, your decals are pretty.  Are you done being right in this thread yet, or will you have to grind it in some more that you're right?  I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that you're right, but you may want to play the victim/defense card a few more times to make sure we really, really, really understand you're right.  After all, you don't want to leave any doubt that you're right.  That would be terrible if we weren't sure, to the core of our bones, that you are 100%, unequivocally, positively, unfathomably right.

moparstuart

of course he is right , he is a legend in his own mind .

DAY CLONA

Quote from: moparstuart on November 28, 2013, 12:28:20 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 28, 2013, 09:57:50 AM
Great question!  

Who makes the best reproduction?
david patik  at performance car graphics

While Mr Patik has gone the distance to try and cover most of the bases in offering a broad spectrum of decals/stripes/etc and kudos to him for his endeavor... however,  my purchases from PCG are always a 50/50 crap shoot on quality and accuracy on decals and stripe kits, I usually end up tossing or giving away half of what I purchase for a project....gets old fast :Twocents:

Mike

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 09, 2013, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 28, 2013, 12:28:20 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 28, 2013, 09:57:50 AM
Great question!  

Who makes the best reproduction?
david patik  at performance car graphics

While Mr Patik has gone the distance to try and cover most of the bases in offering a broad spectrum of decals/stripes/etc and kudos to him for his endeavor... however,  my purchases from PCG are always a 50/50 crap shoot on quality and accuracy on decals and stripe kits, I usually end up tossing or giving away half of what I purchase for a project....gets old fast :Twocents:

Mike
Well ECS can hook you up then

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2013, 10:44:48 PM
of course he is right , he is a legend in his own mind .

now now...that's just you not recognizing the degree to which he is correct.  who could expect such a simple fellow like you to keep up with his 11th dimensional chess game?

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2013, 10:32:31 PM
As i said before if your opinion was that your product was superior then just state it and let your better product speak for its self.
 But no you had to grind it and grind it and belittle people .  Well I dont scare and run off  .

I guess watching TV, listening to the radio or seeing billboards make you extremely upset.  Someone asks you to post a picture of the item you referenced and you consider it being "called out". The fact is that you got caught up in your own trick box and now you want to cry foul and be the poor victim. 

It's easy to see where this is going, so how about you and I meet face to face this weekend to continue this discussion big Stu?  I will be flying into Kansas City this Friday for the weekend and will be happy to meet you any place that is convenient for you! :2thumbs:

pettybird

better watch out, Stu.  I think we all remember that video where he scared the shit out of his kid while working out.  you don't want to mess with that level of correctness...your head would simply explode.

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on December 09, 2013, 10:59:00 PM
better watch out, Stu.  I think we all remember that video where he scared the shit out of his kid while working out.  you don't want to mess with that level of correctness...your head would simply explode.

You're invited too!

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on December 09, 2013, 10:54:02 PM

It's easy to see where this is going

and no, I'm pretty fucking sure no one knows where this train wreck is going.