News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast and Furious Star Paul Walker (all around car guy) Dies in Porsche Accident

Started by TUFCAT, November 30, 2013, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on December 01, 2013, 03:57:56 AM
Its sad  to hear   :'(  .      they have the video footage of the scene  on youtube as well  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdR341ZEkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The audio on that video is so odd, just listen to the guy...
Was that a cop they where talking to?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DC_1

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 01, 2013, 09:28:40 AM
Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on December 01, 2013, 03:57:56 AM
Its sad  to hear   :'(  .      they have the video footage of the scene  on youtube as well  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdR341ZEkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The audio on that video is so odd, just listen to the guy...
Was that a cop they where talking to?

Sounds to me like after they exit the car and run up the street they come upon a women talking with 911.

DC_1

Like I said in the other thread started about this.

Its unfortunately this situation didn't end the way it would have in the role he depicted on the big screen......In this version reality occurred and he didn't escape - as it happens in these situation most times in real life.

RIP Paul Walker...

4cruzin

Very sad indeed!   He certainly went out Fast and Furious . . . . To bad he was a passenger and not in control.   :rotz:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

myk

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 01, 2013, 09:07:56 AM
That is pretty depressing, i'm probably 1 of maybe 2 people here that actually loved the F&F movies, thats what i know him from  :rotz:

You're not the only one man; I have a custom made Fast & Furious shirt that I always wore together with driving the Charger to every 'Fast premiere. 

What gets me is how this Hollywood boy was anything but that; I hear he was constantly engaged in charitable causes and was on his way to one when the crash occured.  Friends and co-stars claim that he was genuinely laid back and a good person; why does some someone like this have to die so soon? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Indygenerallee

That's what always came across when I watched him in a interview he looked like he was just a casual laid back regular guy. Makes a guy wonder why the Reaper never found Justin Bieber in his Lambo yet.... :rotz:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 01, 2013, 01:57:15 PM
That's what always came across when I watched him in a interview he looked like he was just a casual laid back regular guy. Makes a guy wonder why the Reaper never found Justin Bieber in his Lambo yet.... :rotz:

I don't wish an untimely death on Bieber, rather that he and the rest of us that still live, learn to become better people, better humanitarians and give back to the world since it's painfully clear that every day we live is a gift that can disappear at any time.

Cooter

Thing is, not too many know this cat was a male model before F&F.
A cool guy none the less. RIP Paul.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69bronzeT5

I'm still in disbelief. My fiance told me last night and I'm STILL in shock..... R.I.P Paul.... :angel:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

A383Wing

Patronus

^why do I not doubt it... looks like someone missed a turn, introduced to tree
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TUFCAT

Quote from: A383Wing on December 01, 2013, 05:03:38 PM
I guess the guy driving the car was an ex-race car driver...

Here's more info on the car involved in the accident. Paul Walker's friend was the driver, and the car's owner.

R.I.P Paul. :angel:

"The Porsche Carerra GT is a difficult car to drive for even professionals, with one top driver calling its handling "scary"

"there were fewer than 1,300 of the V-10, 610-hp, mid engine cars built from 2004-07, with less than half coming to the U.S. The car that crashed was number 479"

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131201/CARNEWS/131209998

polywideblock

Quote from: myk on December 01, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 01, 2013, 09:07:56 AM
That is pretty depressing, i'm probably 1 of maybe 2 people here that actually loved the F&F movies, thats what i know him from  :rotz:

You're not the only one man; I have a custom made Fast & Furious shirt that I always wore together with driving the Charger to every 'Fast premiere. 

What gets me is how this Hollywood boy was anything but that; I hear he was constantly engaged in charitable causes and was on his way to one when the crash occured.  Friends and co-stars claim that he was genuinely laid back and a good person; why does some someone like this have to die so soon? 

they say only the good die young    :yesnod:

and how often have various model Porsches been know as "widow makers " 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

RuNvS69

Quote from: polywideblock on December 01, 2013, 12:52:51 AM
how ironic , what was that other car guys name  that died to young in a Porsche   ?

R.I.P. paul   

You're thinking of Ryan Dunn (aka: RandomHero) from the CKY and Jackass series.  He was the (drunk) driver of a Porsche that also crashed and then burst into flames.

As far as F&F movies go, I also enjoy them because they are extremely entertaining and I know not to take them seriously.  The first movie triggered my interest in Chargers and I've owned several since it came out.  My latest is a clone of the 70 Charger Paul drove at the end of Fast5 where he helped free Vin Diesel's character from the police bus.

Rest in Peace Paul-- many people will miss you and know you were a standup guy.
1970 Charger 500 - 440 (Fast5)
1970 Charger - 318 (SOLD)
1969 Charger SE - 440 (SOLD)
1970 Charger 500 - 383 (SOLD)

1974dodgecharger

seemed like a good all around guy.....you can just tell from his persona from the screen.  Sad to hear and I love the FandF series no shame in admitting it either! 

A383Wing

Sad part is, I wonder if all the "F&F stuff" will go up in price now on eBay...

myk

Quote from: A383Wing on December 01, 2013, 09:45:56 PM

Leave it up to mankind to take a tragic situation and make it even more demoralizing.

I'm wagering that his other movies that were just recently finished will be instant-sell outs, whether they be good movies or bad ones.  As for Fast 7, who knows what will become of that one...

bull

Quote from: myk on December 01, 2013, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 01, 2013, 09:45:56 PM

Leave it up to mankind to take a tragic situation and make it even more demoralizing.

I'm wagering that his other movies that were just recently finished will be instant-sell outs, whether they be good movies or bad ones.  As for Fast 7, who knows what will become of that one...

Most likely the story will be tweaked and the movie finished depending how far along it is and how much money can be made off this tragedy. Follow the money, right? As the saying goes, "never let a good crisis go to waste" and Hollywood pretty much lives by that code. It would seem pretty messed up to have his character die in a car crash but then wouldn't that would be the logical thing to do in this kind of movie?

myk

Not to belittle or trivialize what happened, but if they could finish "The Crow" with Brandon Lee dying during filming of that movie, I'm assuming/hoping Fast '7 will be equally salvageable.  Then again, like you said it all depends on how far the filming was; I was under the impression that they had already finished but I guess not...

Baldwinvette77

i read on several sites that the ending will be tweaked to pay tribute to walker, im not sure what that means....but... hopefully not a cash in