News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW rough Daytona clone?

Started by Brads70, December 08, 2013, 07:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brads70

I've posted this picture on here before. I've been trying to help the owner for a few years to get it out on the road but to no avail. He is  losing interest and I was thinking about if the price was right to give him an offer? I was thinking 2500-3K? Interior is trashed  body has lots of mud in it I'd assume? Floors are a patched mess. Engine is junk ( 318 I think?)  It's a 70 Charger, no idea about vin and fender tags? He tried to put a later Charger dash in it so that explains the trashed wiring....He made the nose himself in the front yard no less! I thought it would be fun to make a Joe Dirt driver out of it? Nothing too fancy.
What do you think?

70 sublime

Is the frame work on the car good or is it patched up also ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hotrod98

That would be a great rat rod car to just get mechanically sound and drive the heck out of.  You can use a wiring harness out of just about any 68-70 b body with a little splicing here and there.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Brads70

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 08, 2013, 07:39:33 PM

IDK being in the salt belt it's whole life anything is possible? I've never looked under it really good yet.
Quote from: hotrod98 on December 08, 2013, 07:39:59 PM
That would be a great rat rod car to just get mechanically sound and drive the heck out of.  You can use a wiring harness out of just about any 68-70 b body with a little splicing here and there.
Ya that's what I was thinking?

Old Moparz

If the frame rails are okay & you can make it safe for the road, then it could be a fun car to beat around in. You could make a ratty, beat up & ugly, Joe Dirt Daytona replica that's more legit than the real Joe Dirt Daytona because it's ratty, beat up & ugly.   :smilielol:

$2500 to $3000 is not bad but it may still need a lot of money to get it on the road.   :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

There have been a couple of threads on that car in the past.  My memory is bad but was it a "not for sale" car before?

Brads70

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2013, 09:59:06 AM
There have been a couple of threads on that car in the past.  My memory is bad but was it a "not for sale" car before?

Your right it's not for sale. IDK about other posts? Got any links? The owner lives really close to me and is really frustrated with it?

Ghoste

I'll try to recall, one wasn't too  long ago and the other I think was a lot older?
Its in Canada?

Old Moparz

I think you're right about the "not for sale" thing. I remember the car, but not the full story behind it.

For a home made nose the proportions don't look too bad. That could easily change seeing it up close though, it could be made of luan & taped to the car.  :lol:
               Bob                

Brads70

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 09, 2013, 12:02:15 PM

I think you're right about the "not for sale" thing. I remember the car, but not the full story behind it.

For a home made nose the proportions don't look too bad. That could easily change seeing it up close though, it could be made of luan & taped to the car.  :lol:
I did look in and noticed some chicken wire and fiberglass  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Okay, not complete threads but it was here.  Nice to know I haven't totally lost my mind yet.  ;D

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2013, 01:34:59 PM
Okay, not complete threads but it was here.  Nice to know I haven't totally lost my mind yet.  ;D

Don't worry, just give it time. Before you know it you'll be restoring a Yugo & asking for help date coding the parts.   :lol:
               Bob                

Ghoste

I'll bet the commies didn't bother with date coding either so when that happens, it is going to REALLY mess me up.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2013, 02:24:20 PM
I'll bet the commies didn't bother with date coding either so when that happens, it is going to REALLY mess me up.

You can probably get black market date coded parts & VIN tags, but don't expect top dollar at Barrett Jackson like this guy.  :lol:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=722&aid=466
               Bob                

Ghoste

:smilielol:  351 original miles, yeah because that was how far it took for the first owner to park it and ask himself, "what the hell was I thinking?".

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2013, 03:15:08 PM
:smilielol:  351 original miles, yeah because that was how far it took for the first owner to park it and ask himself, "what the hell was I thinking?".

:lol:

Who'd ever expect a Yugo to to go up in value let alone sell for $11,000?  :o  I remember the ads in the paper for these things, they were like $3995 new.
               Bob                

Ghoste

Yes well it hasn't sold yet so no one needs to worry about their wing car investment until after the January sale.

djcarguy

Quote from: Brads70 on December 08, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

IDK being in the salt belt it's whole life anything is possible? I've never looked under it really good yet.
That would be a great rat rod car to just get mechanically sound and drive the heck out of.  You can use a wiring harness out of just about any 68-70 b body with a little splicing here and there.
WELLany info or pixs?? did ya check rails an floor?? :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brads70

No haven't had time yet. I repair snowblowers and lawn equipment so with all the snow we have had I've been swamped with work.

Quote from: djcarguy on December 22, 2013, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on December 08, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

That would be a great rat rod car to just get mechanically sound and drive the heck out of.  You can use a wiring harness out of just about any 68-70 b body with a little splicing here and there.
WELLany info or pixs?? did ya check rails an floor?? :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brads70

I met up with him again. He is selling a 70 Challenger that a buddy is interested in. Also has a 72 Cuda and a 72 Road Runner.  Rough.... Thought you might enjoy a few pictures.
Still loving his Daytona creation though!  :yesnod: Still not ready to sell it though.  :'(

petercharger

What state is the white challenger
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Lighthorseman

Quote from: petercharger on May 11, 2014, 09:59:46 AM

...Or perhaps, "What Province" might be the better question.  Looks like a Canadian-style cigarette package on the floor.

Pistol grip four-speed.  I like that.   :2thumbs:

Mopar4me

Quote from: Lighthorseman on May 11, 2014, 11:39:52 AM
Quote from: petercharger on May 11, 2014, 09:59:46 AM

...Or perhaps, "What Province" might be the better question.  Looks like a Canadian-style cigarette package on the floor.

I'd say it's probably in Ontario. Looks like Ontario plate on the Charger and the small engine repair business van is located in Barrie Ontario.