News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona/Charger 500 Trunklid

Started by winged69, December 19, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winged69

Anybody know of, have  an original trunklid for a daytona or Charger 500? Need one in nice shape. 

daytonalo

If you find a perfect one as in orig paint never rust repaired it will cost you small fortune . Why not simply make one ?? Keep in mind only that the orig ones were built by Chimps @ Creative and kicked out the door .
I assure Larry Hotrod 98 can make you a better than orig complete with steel cap . I would buy new AMD deck lid and have him cut and cap it .

Larry O

Indygenerallee

Yep, I bought a cap and modified my stock deck lid.       

100_1144 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

daytonalo

Indygenerallee

A383Wing

Nwcharger

Gene Gregory's close out panel is the best out there. But that's my opinion.
1969 coronet wagon

Indygenerallee

Nwcharger

On my records for my daytona clone it was much less than 450.00 but it was almost 4years ago. Ill still buy another if its that much now. Great piece.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Indygenerallee

Yeah I bought this about 2 years ago and Gene is a heck of a nice guy (but a hard one to get ahold of!  :lol:) I am positive I paid $450 cause I kinda cringed when he shot me that price but he said he had a limited amount left so that may have been the reason of the price.

odcics2

Here's what an NOS race Daytona lid looks like...  

And yes, that IS a metal stress crack you can see!  Debating leaving it original or fixing it...    :shruggy:   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A383Wing

what's the difference between the race version and the street version trunk lids?

Indygenerallee

Hood pin hold downs on the race version.. pretty sure that would be the only difference.

moparstuart

Quote from: Nwcharger on December 19, 2013, 08:13:21 PM
Gene Gregory's close out panel is the best out there. But that's my opinion.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

hotrod98

I might have an extra closeout panel.  They're identical to the originals.  I would have to look but I might have a nice deck lid as well.

If anyone's interested, I also have four sets of wing braces left that I would sell. I actually have seven sets but three sets are spoken for including the set that I'm using on my F&F Daytona clone.  $95.00 shipped in the 48 states

I also have a few sets of the front braces left. They include the frame braces, the latch tray to tie bar brace and the lower nose to valance brace.  $140.00 per set  These braces are correct. The frame braces have the offset as originals.

After these sets are gone, I won't be making any more. Other people will still have them but at a higher price.

email me if you're interested  hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

winged69

Anybody have phone or e-mail for Gene??

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

his number is in the ad for the NOS Daytona nosecone

talkiemopar

Gean Gregory used my original trunk lid cap off my rusty Daytona trunk lid. The cap was the only good part. Gean sent my cap back, and one of his. They both looked the same, the bends, folds, creases. I could not tell the difference. He did a great job on them. He could have sold them as NOS- THEY WERE THAT GOOD :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Rick.

Daytona R/T SE

I gave Gene $200 for my trunklid reinforcement panel. :Twocents:

daytonalo

Pretty sure I paid 200.00 for mine as well

odcics2

In your opinion, what's an original, nos lid worth?    :shruggy:

I did a bunch of trading for a bunch of parts and both me and my buddy thought it came out fair for both of us.   :cheers:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on December 21, 2013, 07:18:42 AM

I did a bunch of trading for a bunch of parts and both me and my buddy thought it came out fair for both of us.   :cheers:

I've seen used originals over the years priced from $500 up to $1500......NOS would be few and far between, but there's plenty of "fools" that will part with large sums of cash for NOS wingcar parts

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 21, 2013, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on December 21, 2013, 07:18:42 AM

I've seen used originals over the years priced from $500 up to $1500......NOS would be few and far between, but there's plenty of "fools" that will part with large sums of cash for NOS wingcar parts

We guestimated trading value for the lid at $1,200.   
Got an NOS rear plug for the same "price".