News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona/Charger 500 Trunklid

Started by winged69, December 19, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

i used a Gene Gregory cap $2225 on my trunk lid and hotrod did it for me . came out great

crazy Jack has an origihal daytona trunk lid . do you want me to ask him how much?  :cheers:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

talkiemopar

You guys will like this. Back in the early 80's Dave Patik had new daytona trunk lids he got from race teams out in Iowa. He sold me one for $125.00. I should have bought them all.    :brickwall: :spank: :smash: :pity: Rick.

odcics2

Great deal.

I bought a pile of the take off Creative trunk lids for 10 bucks each.
Also got a bunch of take off front bumpers and lower valance panels at 10 bucks each.   

Yeah - I had no room for more either...       
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Indygenerallee

Went through all my receipts last night and found the one for the closeout panel. I paid $330.00 for it so my memory was not that good!  (Guess im getting old!!  :lol:)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

odcics2

A383Wing

Sbird69

I purchased two trunk lids while at the Dodge dealer I worked at in early 70's. I still have one in the wood & cardboard shipping box they arrived in.  Finish is  the original reddish primer/coating, never painted, never installed.
Sbird69

Ghoste

Thats got to be quite the conversation starter out in the shop.

5hunert

Just curious, did Creative modify new trunk lids or convert the deck lids coming off cars as they came through the door?

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

5hunert

Quote from: Indygenerallee on February 08, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
Creative modified the trunk lids

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  What was the source of the trunk lids that Creative modified?  Did the donor trunk lids come off the cars or did the donor trunk lid come new from a crate?  If out of a crate, they would be in primer and color matching wouldn't be an issue.

odcics2

In the metro Detroit area, back in the 80s, a pile of take off deck lids showed up at a local swap meet. At least 50.  10 bucks a pop!  I have a few left.
Also, and this is the important part, the guy also had front bumper assys with brackets AND in most cases the front valance hung on with the guards.

He claimed he got them from Creative.  If you see the pics from Creative in the rear parking lot, there are various stages of conversions seen.
Looks like the cars came from Chrysler with lights, a front bumper and valance with park lights, for safety reasons.  So, they'd pull out the brackets at the frame rails and the lower guard (if equipped) quickly and put them in a pile.   

The parts circulating back in the 80s are take off parts.  The deck lids were all painted, along with the front valances.

I'd think that they had a float of some amount as they converted the lids.  Probably had 50 new lids come in for conversion. As cars came in the shortened lids would be put on and the original take offs put in the pile to be converted. At the end of the program, the extra take offs were left over.  There would have been no reason to convert more than needed. 

One would have to look at a sample of original cars, early builds vs late builds, and check for early lids in prime, verses lids reworked and refinished in the proper color for the car it was placed upon.