News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

found out about another C500 today here in Houston

Started by hemi68charger, March 06, 2006, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, Had Guard duty this weekend out at the base and I drove Dana, (my C500 ) on Sunday.........

I'm working on the flightline all day and I come back into the shop and someone yells, "Sgt, Hawkes !!!  Some Sgt. such-n-such was wanting to talk to you about your C500"...

Oh yeah? I thought..  "OK" I said, "Did he leave a number?"....... They said, "Yes, SHE did"........ Ahhh Ohhhh, insert one's foot........  :o  ;D

Anyways, I called her and told her who I was and what I had... She was all excited... Stated that she has one here....... "A '69 Charger 500, not a '70?" I asked.... "Nope", she says, "It's not a '70, it's the aerocar '69".. Well Hell, she even knows the lingo.... hahaha

Turns out, her husband has a F8 green 440 auto car... How cool.. needless to say, I gave her my number and asked her or her husband to call me at home.. Guess I'm going on a road trip with Dana this weekend to see, hopefully, another C500 in Houston...  That makes 4.. two 440's, one auto and one manual (mine) and two 426 hemi's, 1 auto and 1 manual....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Good work there Troy. I'm always on the look out for more C500's in my area. So far there is just 3. Mine and one other gentleman here in Indy owns 2.

Try to get them posting on the site, always room for more C500 owners on here. And would love to add another C500 to the list I'm accumulating.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2006, 05:29:30 AM
Good work there Troy. I'm always on the look out for more C500's in my area. So far there is just 3. Mine and one other gentleman here in Indy owns 2.

Try to get them posting on the site, always room for more C500 owners on here. And would love to add another C500 to the list I'm accumulating.

When he calls, I'll ask about it..

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Thanks Troy, always on the look out for more information. The more we gather the more accurate the data will be.

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Not sure how to take that last line Al.

Granted some times I forget peoples names even when I'm talking to them on the phone. Does that happen to anyone else? I dial the phone number and when its ringing my mind goes blank on what their name is until I hear their voice answer on the other side.

I met the fellow C500 owner here in Indy through a friend. My buddy didn't know he had a C500 just knew that he liked them. So he put me in contact with him to talk about them. Come to find out he has 2 and a Daytona.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 07, 2006, 09:26:15 PM
Never know who you are talking to do you?

Nope, you don't.. Danny, think Al meant that you never know who you're talking to sometimes... The most unobvious people to have something turn out to have something.... I remember talking to the guy a few years ago at Autorama when I had Dana and he said he had a green '69 Charger 500... That was pretty much it.. He didn't get into detail and didn't talk much, went on his merry way... So, I'm thinking, he has a C500?.....   ???   One side of my mind said, "Yeah, right".... and the other is, "You just never know"........

Troy
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Thanks Troy for filling in what I was getting at.I tend to use the fewest words to make the point :-[.I know what I mean anyway :icon_smile_wink:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

See that is the hard thing to figure out on a computer, no tones in the sentences makes things come accross as meaning something else when each person reads it. I'm guilty of that, typing something that makes sense in my head but when read by someone else comes out totally different.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2006, 05:12:56 PM
See that is the hard thing to figure out on a computer, no tones in the sentences makes things come accross as meaning something else when each person reads it. I'm guilty of that, typing something that makes sense in my head but when read by someone else comes out totally different.

Join the crowd.. That's why my friend Teddy NEVER uses the computer.. Only if I have a Superbee picture to show him.........
Troy

69_500

Ah see to get me interested all I need is a good story or photo of a winged car, and I'll be there for days. :)