News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytonas in barns

Started by mustanghater, March 06, 2006, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

Any one got pics? I remember from a long time ago someone found a hemi one in a feild the was completly destroyed.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

hemigeno

Here's one I found at musclecarfinders.com:

BigBlockSam

pictures like that make me sad.  :rotz:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Gene that isn't a picture of your car is it? From the back that car doesn't look too bad.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on March 07, 2006, 05:18:39 AM
Gene that isn't a picture of your car is it? From the back that car doesn't look too bad.

Danny, no that one's not mine...  close, but mine has a black tailstripe.

Here's a similar angle picture of mine the day I brought it home:

69_500

I guess my sarcastic comment didn't come accross as such in type.

Do you have any idea what the actual condition of that car is? I mean from the back not too bad, but that doesn't mean the whole side of the car isn't crushed either, or even missing the whole nose assembly.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on March 06, 2006, 09:08:13 PM
Here's one I found at musclecarfinders.com:

This car was local to me, this one horse shed it's sitting in is located five or six miles from my house, just on the other side of town from me, While I had never actually laid eyes on the car, I know the guy who owned it when this picture was taken. This shot was taken on his father's farm, by the guy who bought it a few months ago, I think it was just this last summer he sold it. It had been in this shed for 5 or 6 years, before that he had it stored in a couple of different places in the area. He had owned it roughly 10 years. From his description of the car, it was a 440 automatic, with a white interior, it had a reproduction Gene Gregory nose, 70 charger front fenders, and the trunk floor was cut out for a huge fuel cell. When I saw Geno's posting of this picture last night I thought it was this local Daytona, so today I asked the guy if this could be his car,after a brief description of the pic, he confirmed it was his car in the photo...He said he sold it to a guy in Texas for "about $60K "

Geno, do you have any other pics of this car?

69_500

Is it possible that it is the same car as in this picture taken in 1981?

69_500

If it does wind up being the same car man am I going to kick myself in the butt for the next decade. Two years ago I talked to a gentleman in Illinois who had a R4 red Daytona, AT, white tail stripe car for sale for $30K. This was right before I bought my 500. I didn't go look at it because I found the 500. If it turns out to be one of my dad's old Daytona's I'll kick myself for years.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2006, 06:53:03 AM
If it does wind up being the same car man am I going to kick myself in the butt for the next decade. Two years ago I talked to a gentleman in Illinois who had a R4 red Daytona, AT, white tail stripe car for sale for $30K. This was right before I bought my 500. I didn't go look at it because I found the 500. If it turns out to be one of my dad's old Daytona's I'll kick myself for years.

I asked him today what color it was - he said "Bright red" I said R6 ?   He said "I dunno.... BRIGHT RED"!

He also said it was a console automatic, he had owned it since '98

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Is this car from a Mr. Perry? Just out of curiousity?

Ah heck an R6 car wouldn't be out of the questio either as my dad had one of those as well. But his R6 car was a 4 speed. Then there was 2 R4 cars, 1 F5 green 4 speed, and 1 B5 blue 4 speed.