News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best steel parts made.. ERIK NELSON

Started by graybo, December 30, 2013, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

:2thumbs:  You folks on this site are the best.  Any questions I have had you have all answered and I have met a great group of helpful people on this site.  Now it is my turn to return the favor!  If you or anyone you know is building a Daytona or Superbird please check out Erik Nelson for steel replacement parts.   I have already ordered ever single item he offers for a Superbird.  The parts were shipped very fast to my doorstep and I was amazed at how perfect the steel parts were.  Everything he makes fits like a glove.  I am building a SB clone and have no idea what I am doing.  Erik Nelson has emailed me and spoke to me numeours times and let me by the hand on how to put things together.  He is a true gentleman and a true expert metal builder.  I know if you need any steel he is your guy.  Z brackets, frame extensions, grille frame and corners, turn signal brackets, headlight buckets and pivots,  all are PERFECT.  You will not be disappointed.  I know this sounds like a commercial,,,but when I'm treated well I like to return the favor.  EriK builds all these parts to support his son's racing habit so help him and yourself out if you want perfect Daytona or Superbird parts.  You can PM me for more information.  Erik can be reached at erikjohnneslon@hotmail.com or 612-382-4723.  He is in the Stillwater, MN area.
I have pics but couldn't get them to post.  E'mail me for pics if you want.  
  :cheers:

graybo

graybo

:cheers:

graybo

:2thumbs:  Good stuff here boys!!!!!!  erikjohnnelson@hotmail.com

remta1

yep I brought some grill surrounds for my bird build and had to say the parts fitted perfectly, build quality and finish was excellent .

Eric nice to deal with as well  :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

i got my close out panel for the trunk lid from him. fit well
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

graybo

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOUNZ!  GOD BLESS AND BEST TO ALL YOUR MOPAR KIN! :2thumbs:

rocket recon

Concerning Master Builder Erik Nelson of Mopar parts I think he is one of the best if not the BEST in building Daytona or Superbird Mopar parts. I worked with him for a year rebuilding a 1969 Daytona every piece was exact, all price quotes were exact. I never had any problems with shipping, or communications with Erik. He answered any questions that I had either on the phone or by emailsending pictuers to help with instalation. My car was one of Petty's top 20 picks for 2013. Without Erik helps and expertise and great parts this once in a life time dream would have never come true. The car was signed by Richard Petty the KING! If you have any doubts about working with Erik you can rest assured that you are working with a great guy! Please contact me if you have any questions. Joe

birdman1970

Hey Graybo what are you using for a nosecone on your car?????
I need to get all the same items as mine was wrecked in 1973 and a Roadrunner nose put on.
I would like to get a steel one if possible.

WINGMAN

Well as long as your happy with Eriks parts I guess that is all that matters , But I have seen a few of his parts and they are substandard to say the least. I own a real Daytona and a good buddy of mine makes WAY better Repo Daytona parts than Mr E.Seems that there a lott of newbs on hear that just have not been around the block on wingcar parts yet.   :Twocents: (wingman) .
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

nascarxx29

You have many choices. Gene Gregory Rick Fairless offer these speciality type parts aswell.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

From what I remember from a conversation with Eric years ago is that he doesn't make anything , he has vendors make parts as he sell equipment or something like that . Correct me if I have that wrong . Had a cust bring me a sample one of his Daytona parts that he was un happy with , maybe I'm biased but I was un-impressed

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on January 12, 2014, 12:37:04 AM
From what I remember from a conversation with Eric years ago is that he doesn't make anything , he has vendors make parts as he sell equipment or something like that . Correct me if I have that wrong . Had a cust bring me a sample one of his Daytona parts that he was un happy with , maybe I'm biased but I was un-impressed

:iagree:

Everything I (eventually...seven months after he got my money) got from him looked and fit like it was made by a drunk, blind, dyslexic monkey.

Cracked bondo on a "new" part ?

Never again... :rotz:

Tri-Poised

I'd like to replace the parking lamp surround trim on my bird.  Who has had the best experience finding those?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: graybo on December 30, 2013, 01:57:20 PM
....and a true expert metal builder.  I know if you need any steel he is your guy.  Z brackets, frame extensions, grille frame and corners, turn signal brackets, headlight buckets and pivots,  all are PERFECT.  You will not be disappointed.    :cheers:

Sorry, but that is not my take on his parts...  I have seen Erik's and Rick's parts in person, and the workmanship differences are clear, check out this old Moparts thread:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=A12&Number=7087333

Even in your pictures, I see nothing approaching PERFECTION... not to say I own any PERFECT parts... but look carefully at these pictures... just IMHO
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Redbird

Count me among the folks that are grateful that there are several sources of reproduction parts available.

Erik seems like a nice enough guy and seems to want things work for his customers. I have not seen his parts in person. From the pictures shown in this thread I could tell with only a casual glance major differences from original parts.

It would be nice if someone would post pictures of parts from the different suppliers next to original parts.

WINGMAN

I think Gene Gregory no longer makes any parts. might be wrong can some one chime in on that. (Wingman) :shruggy:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

AKcharger

I don't know this guy, never seen his parts and don't have an opinion, I'm just trying to get my post count up!  :nana:

talkiemopar

Your doing a good job. I LOVE GREEN.  :drool5: ::) :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :D

DoubleDlover

Ive gotten parts from all the different guys making them. Yea.. some parts are not that good from some of them and others are. some people have better molds or equipment. Or better connections to make them. So what I have done is get the best parts the person makes. So a little over here. A little over there. I don't think I should say which parts suck from which people. But The best thing to do is get a return agreement and that way your covered.

panhead

Quote from: Redbird on January 12, 2014, 03:14:58 PM
Count me among the folks that are grateful that there are several sources of reproduction parts available.

Erik seems like a nice enough guy and seems to want things work for his customers. I have not seen his parts in person. From the pictures shown in this thread I could tell with only a casual glance major differences from original parts.

It would be nice if someone would post pictures of parts from the different suppliers next to original parts.

Ok' here are some pics of the real thing.
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

panhead

And here are pics of mine. The real ones are stamped, and mine are hand formed. As you can tell.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

DonC1

What gauge steel is that?
Looks like you welded the U groove into the piece...?

1974dodgecharger

I need more money to buy all these pieces....

panhead

Quote from: DonC1 on January 17, 2014, 10:59:30 PM
What gauge steel is that?
Looks like you welded the U groove into the piece...?

I made mine in 18 gauge, same gauge as the real one. I did weld in the grooves,my roller won't make that tigh of a turn.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500