News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Window Weatherstripping

Started by 19Charger69, January 02, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19Charger69

Can someone tell me how the door window weatherstrip ends at the front end of the weatherstrip just past the bottom of the windshield on a '69 SE Charger? How far does it travel down the door post, does it have a molded piece at the end with a screw in it ? Also, where could I get two door glass top stops ? Ray

Ghoste

There is a molded section but I forget now if its a screw or an umbrella push in clip.  Seems to me it ends about the bottom of the dash.  As for window stops, I think you will have to find them used?

bill440rt

Are you referring to the roof rail weatherstrip?  :scratchchin:
The molded end is just held in place by weatherstrip adhesive in this area. The rest of it locks into the weatherstrip channel molding that's held in place along the roof side opening.
Attached is a pic, best I could find at the moment.

The glass stops that are screwed to the vent windows are being reproduced, but they are crazy expensive.
Here's a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1968-70-Mopar-B-Body-Vent-Window-upper-Rubber-Top-Bumpers-Charger-Roadrunner-/271356217616?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2e174910&vxp=mtr

I might have some decent used ones kicking around, pm me.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

el dub

Here is a pic of the 68 weatherstrip end. Both ends. Also a pic of the foam on top. These pics are of original pieces off a 68.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem