News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 with the recall's

Started by panhead, January 07, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: panhead on January 10, 2014, 07:59:31 PM
Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 10, 2014, 07:44:10 PM
Quote from: panhead on January 07, 2014, 07:41:12 PM
Here are some pics of my 500 with the recall wheels, it was one of the first things I did when I got back home.  I really dig the look!   :coolgleamA:

Curt

Curt a couple of things from a legal standpoint.  

1) Do be careful driving the car around, IF you should ever have an accident related to the wheels - you are pretty
much screwed as technically they represent an "uncompleted recall".   Without getting into the mumbo jumbo, think of carrying around a gun where the safety is broken and it goes off.   You will loose your ass trying to defend yourself in court - its the gross negligience thing (civil suit, not criminal, unless someone was to get really hurt bad of course).

2) If you sell the car - do not sell it with the recalls on it.   In most states it is illegal to sell a car with an open (or uncompleted recall) - and there's a whole bunch of other legal mumbo-jumbo of whether that even applies to a 45 year old vehicle, but again - you want to protect yourself.  Sell the car and include "display wheels  - not for street
use" - that will allevieate your liability if the new owner has a wheel accident.

Great car by the way.

PS Reading down, I see that they are repros - everything I just typed may or may not apply.   Your call.   I would do a lug nut torque check EVERY time I got ready to drive the car. 

I wish to think you for your insight and gudiness, will do.

Curt

Curt....the repro "recalls" that you have are from Specialty Wheel, they have been modified with a steel insert inside the hub at the time of casting to eliminate the cracking that the originals experienced..... I know from first hand experience that the Specialty Wheels repro (Know as the Road Warrior) recal wheel comes with a notice that the wheels are not intended for racing/competition use, but they are DOT cert-ed for road use....FYI Specialty Wheel is no longer making these AFAIK....so if you see some come up used for sale, it would be wise to grab some back ups, if a rim ever gets damaged

Mike

Ghoste

Not enough demand or too much liability?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Ghoste on January 11, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
Not enough demand or too much liability?

Demand....a lot of rim designs and sizes have been discontinued by Specialty Wheel as well as Wheel Vintiques, which is a shame, and you don't find out until your about to order a set, DAMHIK

Mike

Paul 500

Looks excellent, would love a set on my 500 but they would cost an arm & leg to get a set to the U.K
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500