News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater resistor wire in a 68

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 16, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Looking for a resistor coil wire in a 68 heater box with no air.

Cant seem to find it anywhere....

A383Wing

I got some used ones here from 66's with no air if ya can't find anything better

I assume you mean the coiled resistor unit in front of the heater box that the wires plug onto...there is not "resistor wire" on the car

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 16, 2014, 11:49:46 PM
I got some used ones here from 66's with no air if ya can't find anything better

I assume you mean the coiled resistor unit in front of the heater box that the wires plug onto...there is not "resistor wire" on the car

That might be it, it's held on by 2 screws into a rectangular opening on the box.  It has two connectors for wiring to go into the back part. I know where one wire goes but don't know where the other connection would go?

A383Wing

single wire connector goes to blower motor...the multiple wire connector goes to heater fan switch...should be a 3 wire connector if I remember

1974dodgecharger

Thx wing now time to find one seems no one reports them...