News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jerry Narramore

Started by 69_500, January 20, 2014, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Was not quite sure where to put this on the site but figured most people in this area knew who he is. I received news about a week ago that he is not doing so well health wise. He was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. He is currently not physically strong enough to do any more chemo. He had just went through chemo last year due to prostate cancer.

Ann his wife is just asking for prayers. I went go see them and he could not even roll over in bed.

So if any of you know him and are so inclined please keep both of them in your prayers.

hemi68charger

Thanks Danny for posting.............. I will say a prayer for him as well ask our church to............... Jerry IS a wonderdul guy.....................

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dave Kanofsky

Prayers sent.

I don't recognize the name, how else would we know him?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Davtona

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on January 20, 2014, 09:30:44 AM
Prayers sent.

I don't recognize the name, how else would we know him?

Brown Hemi 500

Thanks Danny for posting news.

Aero426

Jerry and Ann are great people.    She drove the Hemi 500 every day when it was a late model car.

Troy

Wow, that sucks to hear.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

I do not have any picturs of his car here on the iPad, but it's T5 Hemi AT car. Would post vin but not sure many would know people by their vins, other than me. I am odd I know. When I get a chance I will post a picture of him.

69_500

Okay so here are a few pictures so you guys can put a name to the face and the car.

69rtse4spd

Prayers sent, so sorry to hear.

moparstuart

wow so sorry to here , suck fantastic people  .  we will keep them in our thoughts and prayers
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

3--Daytona

Well, I have known of Jerry condition for quite some time, but didn't voice due to respect to him
There may be a lot of good people in the world,,but none better than Jerry.

Aero426

Quote from: 3--Daytona on January 23, 2014, 03:03:12 PM

Can't say it better than that.    He is one fine person.   

69_500

Gotta agree with you two. Him and Ann are always people I looked forward to seeing at shows. People I just enjoyed being around and talking to outside of car shows too.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2014, 06:11:43 PM
Gotta agree with you two. Him and Ann are always people I looked forward to seeing at shows. People I just enjoyed being around and talking to outside of car shows too.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Sad news to update here. Just got off the phone with Ann. Jerry passed away during the night last night. Please keep Ann in your prayers.

Aero426

notabird

Jerry was a fine person and a true friend. Will keep praying for Ann.

hemigeno

I called Ann yesterday, hoping to arrange a visit with them this afternoon.  Another lady answered her phone, and it sounded like there were several folks at the house with her.  Ann was on another phone at the time so I had to leave a message.  It just seemed like something was happening, and Danny's update explains it all.

Jerry was indeed as fine a person as I've encountered in the hobby, and he set a wonderful example of how to treat other people.  He will be sorely missed.

hemi68charger

Yes, Jerry is exactly the way I wish to be remembered both as a man and a Mopar hobbyist... God speed to Jerry and may Ann find comfort with her faith and friends........ :(   Does anyone know if Jim M. knows? I know those two were pretty close........ I am sure he does......... I feel for Jim, he lost a dear close friend...

:engel016:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 24, 2014, 10:41:44 AM
 Does anyone know if Jim M. knows? I know those two were pretty close........ I am sure he does......... I feel for Jim, he lost a dear close friend...

Yes he does.

Quote from: 3--Daytona on January 23, 2014, 03:03:12 PM
Well, I have known of Jerry condition for quite some time, but didn't voice due to respect to him

Troy

Sad news. I always made it a point to track him (and Ann) down at every show. Great people!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Of all the people I have talked to in the past two weeks I have heard nothing but good things about Jerry. As Troy said I can only hope that when my time comes there are as many positive things said about me.

I am glad to know that Jerry was a believer though. Looking forward to seeing him again one day.

69_500

Visitation for Jerry will be Sunday from 4-8 pm at collier funeral home in Louisiana, MO. Funeral will be Monday at 2 pm at Centenary United Methodist church.

Just got this info from Ann.

70Sbird

RIP Jerry
:engel016:

And thanks to Danny for putting the pics up. I knew the car,name and the face from the meets I attended and enjoyed talking to him. I'm just horrrible with keeping all three straight sometimes!

Scott Faulkner

UFO