News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jerry Narramore

Started by 69_500, January 20, 2014, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

is anyone else planning on going up  for the visitation ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

I am going for both the showing and funeral.
I do not think there are many choices on places to stay in that area, but will see what I can find.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 24, 2014, 11:02:29 PM
I am going for both the showing and funeral.
I do not think there are many choices on places to stay in that area, but will see what I can find.

wayne , larry and I are all coming for the visitation sunday  , larry and I have to work monday

3--Daytona

The Mopar,,, Wing car World has lost a giant of a man. There are good  people. smart people and generous people, and Jerry was all of them. Never met a stranger, Manny many times Ive heard him say,--Hi im Jerry.
Delma,and I,with Jerry & Ann traveled thousand & thousand of miles together, showing them ole cars. From Winnipeg Canada,,Las Vegas  San Diego, Houston,Mobile, to that big circle of black top in Ala, also that smooth road in Penn,.
He was a special friend,   He Was  JERRY

moparstuart

Quote from: 3--Daytona on January 25, 2014, 01:09:31 AM
 The Mopar,,, Wing car World has lost a giant of a man. There are good  people. smart people and generous people, and Jerry was all of them. Never met a stranger, Manny many times Ive heard him say,--Hi im Jerry.
Delma,and I,with Jerry & Ann traveled thousand & thousand of miles together, showing them ole cars. From Winnipeg Canada,,Las Vegas  San Diego, Houston,Mobile, to that big circle of black top in Ala, also that smooth road in Penn,.
He was a special friend,   He Was  JERRY
:yesnod: :yesnod:
he had a smile that you could not help but being uplifted just being around jerry

3--Daytona

Hey,Danny Boy. You may have found a place to stay,  We got a room at a motel in Bowling Green Mo. Its about 10-15 mile WEST of Jerry. If I can do anything let me know.

69_500

I will check that hotel out. Thanks for the heads up Jim. Looking forward too seeing you and Delma as well. Only wish it was for other reasons than this.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on January 25, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

He was a special friend,   He Was  JERRY

Jim,
I have been thinking of you every day since I head of Jerry's passing. As you have eluded to, as well as others, Jerry was one of a kind and a very nice, humble and caring man. I know you two were close and my heart goes out to you. Losing a friend is as bad as losing a family member........

Just wanted to let you know, along with Jerry and Ann, I've been thinking of you........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGR

Like so many of you have already stated, Jerry is a wonderful man and a friend to so many. I always enjoy spending time visiting with him and Ann and know he will surely be missed. My deepest sympathy goes out to Ann and Jim as well, God bless you all.

Your friend,
Steve

moparstuart

we waited in line over an hour and a 1/2 yesterday I think the whole town of louisana missouri was there ,  It took almost an hour just to get in the door of the funeral home .
 Jerry was very well liked and many many people came to say good bye .    I for one am very glad to have gotten to know jerry  .

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on January 27, 2014, 07:52:53 AM
we waited in line over an hour and a 1/2 yesterday I think the whole town of louisana missouri was there ,  It took almost an hour just to get in the door of the funeral home .
 Jerry was very well liked and many many people came to say good bye .    I for one am very glad to have gotten to know jerry  .

Stu,
Thanks for taking the time to visit the celebration of Jerry's life and be there to represent the Mopar-world from the Charger Board.
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mopurr

http://www.collierfuneral.com/obituaries/Jerry-Narramore/#!/Obituary

The above link is to Jerry's Obituary on the funeral homes website, there is a tribute wall there that you can leave condolences, tributes and share memories if you would like.

Jerry touched many lives in the Aero car community and will be greatly missed by many of us, he was also very active in his community and church.  He was a very caring and great man.

I will miss him very much, there will be a very empty space at the car meets now without him being there.  His smile brightened everyone's day.

My thoughts and prayers are with Ann and Jerry's family at this very sad time.

Sherri

Mopar John

Quote from: moparstuart on January 27, 2014, 07:52:53 AM
 Jerry was very well liked and many many people came to say good bye .    I for one am very glad to have gotten to know jerry  .
Stu,
Just got back from vacation and caught up with this sad news on Jerry. It also sounds like he had sufferred for a while before he lost the fight and that's even worse. Glad you guys made it! RIP Jerry!
MJ

Kismgby

Sad indeed.  A very nice man.  Wonderful couple.  My condolences.   :'(

69CoronetRT

Sorry...late to the thread. Was he the owner of the 500 out of Hannibal, MO? Car 133948? If yes, I met him briefly at a NE City Charger meet. Seemed like a very accommodating and nice guy. sorry to hear of his passing.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69_500

You are thinking of the right man. Lived about thirty minutes from Hannibal.

A class act that is for sure.

3--Daytona

Hey  MOPURR,I deliverd your message,as you ask she exprest many thanks to you.
Jerry visitation was ausume, my guess without doub I esemat 500--600 people.  The doors open at 4-00 at 7-30 the last persongot inside the bldg., Cemitery was much quiter  and short,,13degres at that time.

Mopurr

3 Daytona
Thank You So Much

3--Daytona

SORRY< I forgot to spell check before  posting, It;s been along cold day. sorry

Aero426

I just can't believe he is gone...

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on January 28, 2014, 12:36:45 AM
I just can't believe he is gone...

No doubt.. He's the 3rd Mopar-related friend of mine to pass on this year........... Life is so fragile. Enjoy all you can of friends and passions..... Don't keep saying, "I'm going to restore those cars one day"........ focus on one or two and enjoy at the expense of the others.......... I learned my lesson a long time ago.........

Troy

69_500

Jim, it was nice to see you this weekend. However the reason I got to see you and Delma was not good. I look forward to seeing you at the next show.

You nailed it the other day when you said there were none finer than Jerry. It was apparent at the funeral home and at the service that he had a huge impact on everyone he met.

3--Daytona

Danny,I guess you made it home in good shape.  We got in about 9-45 ,a long cold day,but what a fantastic service for Jerry.
A little story on Jerry,on a lighter note,,,We were on our way to Lasvegas to " Mopars at The Strip. Some where out in NM,or Az,, we stop at a motel. The lot had a place just big enough for our two trailers.  Jerry went around both trailers inspecting doors locks. He came into motel and said everthing is secure
He knock on our door the next morning and { guess there were not any thieves out last night} how you know Jerry?
  I LEFT MY DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW  OPEN

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on January 28, 2014, 10:14:00 PM
  Danny,I guess you made it home in good shape.  We got in about 9-45 ,a long cold day,but what a fantastic service for Jerry.
A little story on Jerry,on a lighter note,,,We were on our way to Lasvegas to " Mopars at The Strip. Some where out in NM,or Az,, we stop at a motel. The lot had a place just big enough for our two trailers.  Jerry went around both trailers inspecting doors locks. He came into motel and said everthing is secure
He knock on our door the next morning and { guess there were not any thieves out last night} how you know Jerry?
  I LEFT MY DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW  OPEN

:rofl:
Troy

Jerry C500

Dear Friends:  I have never posted anything so not sure this will get to you.  But, I just wanted to thank everyone for their tremendous comments about Jerry.  He enjoyed each of you so very much and all the time spent at the car shows and events.  Our lives are richer for having you all as friends.  I hope we can stay in touch.  Many thanks also to those of you who were able to come for Jerry's visitation/funeral and for your prayers, cards, and flowers.  I know you all would have been here if possible.  Take care.  Love, Ann.