News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Velocity Channel Dumps Mecum Auctions??

Started by Moparman01, January 20, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

I know, Barrett Jackson just got over with and honestly i thought the switching around between channels was a rediculous joke (but what do you expect from fox?). So i've been looking foward to Mecum's big Kissimee auction on Velocity this week and low and behold, it's not on Velocity!??! I coulnd't find it on the guide, and even the Mecum website and their adds in the AutaBuy mags don't list Velocity as showing the auction. Did a little digging and this week Mecum is being shown on Esquire Network and NBCSN. I don't get it? Why the hell did Velocity either let Mecum go, or why did Mecum leave Velocity?? Seems like a dumb move to me, Velocity is a car guy's network! I know alot of guy's around don't care for any of the TV auctions and i get that, i just like to see all the cars parade across and i take the prices with a grain of salt. I like the Mecum coverage much better than the Barrett Jackson coverage, they show more cars and less dumb commercials and pointless interviews, and the cars and prices seem to be a little bit more realistic! Just a heads up for anybody who is interested in the Mecum Muscle Car auction, don't look on Velocity cuz it's not there!   

JamieZ

Mecum left Velocity.  They switched to the NBC sports network because they now get exposure for the first time on a national network (NBC) instead of being only on a premium channel on cable/satt.  My only big complaint is that I don't get Esquire (which carries the bulk of the auction) in HD.  However they are covering something like 9 0f the 10 days with over 48 hours of coverage and the broadcast crew remains the same.

Dans 68

Yep, not in HD makes for a less than stellar viewing experience.  :yesnod:  But still watchable.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Moparman01

So Mecum left Velocity for a NBC sports? Seems more like that would be a special "sports package" channel, must be its more mainstream and I've just never watched it, just like I've never seen or watched Esquire! Everybody gets Velocity I would think being that it is part of the Discovery family of channels, can't get much more national mainstream than Discovery.  I still think it's a dumb mover on Mecums part, but I'll still watch it I guess, hope the coverage doesn't go down hill!!

(Coincedently when I went to Esquire to see if I got that channel the first thing I saw was a black 70's Charger on the show Burn Notice, I've never watched the show but I've heard about the car before.)

JamieZ

It's not just NBC sports, it's NBC.  On saturday or sunday they have a few hours on regular network NBC.  Network tv is as mainstream as you get

Moparman01

Ahhhh yeah I can understand that. Now that I think about it Barrett Jackson was on regular network Fox on Saturday, must be Mecum is trying to keep up with B-J.