News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shoulder belts on C500's..

Started by hemi68charger, March 08, 2006, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
It just dawned on me to ask. It's something I've always wanted to pose, but always forget.. Dana doesn't have shoulder seat belts, I'm assuming they should be there, no? All you C500 owners, are yours there?  Al, what about it Mr. Original-C500-owner........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Troy, I can't speak from experience with an all-original C500, but I did look up what the '69 Dealer Data Book had to say about Shoulder Belts:

Lap and Shoulder Belts. Three lap belts in front, three lap belts in the rear, and shoulder belts for the driver and outboard front-seat passenger are standard.  Shoulder belts for the outboard rear-seat passengers are optional.

Looks like all '69s had them.  I've forgotten when that became mandatory, seems like it was sometime in '68 - but that's just a foggy recollection.

PocketThunder

My car has them, and it was built Nov. 18th 1968.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on March 08, 2006, 10:53:32 AM
Troy, I can't speak from experience with an all-original C500, but I did look up what the '69 Dealer Data Book had to say about Shoulder Belts:

Lap and Shoulder Belts. Three lap belts in front, three lap belts in the rear, and shoulder belts for the driver and outboard front-seat passenger are standard.  Shoulder belts for the outboard rear-seat passengers are optional.

Looks like all '69s had them.  I've forgotten when that became mandatory, seems like it was sometime in '68 - but that's just a foggy recollection.

That's what I thought.... Damn,,, guess I need to find a set of tan shoulder belts and clips for Dana.... lol

Thanks Geno..........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Highbanked Hauler

Troy, the 500 would have them,defiantly.If you don't have the belts ,do you have the metal brackets behind the visor mounts for them to snap onto when not in use?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

PocketThunder

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 08, 2006, 01:45:44 PM
Troy, the 500 would have them,defiantly.If you don't have the belts ,do you have the metal brackets behind the visor mounts for them to snap onto when not in use?

If not i think i have an extra set.  Might need to be re-chromed though.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 08, 2006, 01:45:44 PM

Al, really, not sure, I don't think they're there. I'll have to look....  Seems I'll need the clips and snap botton as well....

Paul, man, that would be cool.. As far as the chrome goes, that's cool. I would clean them up and eventually send them and my lap belts to SnakeOyl....
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Troy,do your drivers and passengers front belts have the short belt/buckle sewed to it for the shoulder belt to connect to.?
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 08, 2006, 02:06:15 PM
Troy,do your drivers and passengers front belts have the short belt/buckle sewed to it for the shoulder belt to connect to.?

Yeapers..........  I think when the car was restored in '85 they weren't put back for one reason or another.. But they definitely have the extra clip on the lap belt...

Troy
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Other than the date tags sewn to the inside of the belt I'd think they were all the same from 68-70.I think that next year I'll have SnakeOyl do my belts up completely,re chrome the buckells and do the elastics on the shoulder belts.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

I thought all 69 Charger's had the shoulder belts. Which Gene beat me to that part already about what the Data Book says.

My car has the shoulder belts, but the headliner has been replaced and it doesn't have the snap on the back for the elastic to attach too. I was wondering if someone could post a picture of where exactly the snaps in the back are mounted.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2006, 05:11:41 PM
I was wondering if someone could post a picture of where exactly the snaps in the back are mounted.

Here ya go Danny - the snap screws into a boss directly in front of the coat hook.  The original charredware is still on my car...

69_500

Thanks GENE, my car has the coat hooks but no snaps. And since it doesn't have the origional headliner either I can't tell where they went. Well I could if I took out the headliner I guess, but since there isn't anything wrong with it, no sense to me to do that just yet.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2006, 06:37:29 AM
Thanks GENE, my car has the coat hooks but no snaps. And since it doesn't have the origional headliner either I can't tell where they went. Well I could if I took out the headliner I guess, but since there isn't anything wrong with it, no sense to me to do that just yet.

Danny, you said your hooks are there? If that's so, you should be able to "feel" for the hole that the snap goes into and not have to mess with the headliner. The pictures there by Geno are very nice and detailed..

Troy
Troy

69_500

I've thought about doing that, but then again my shoulder belts are missing the elastic strap that would snap back on the button anyways. So for now I'm just going to leave them as is.

Charger Aficionado

69_500

By any chance can you take a photo of where the snap is, with the headliner in the background?