News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How's this for a "cars in barns" story?

Started by Charger_Fan, March 11, 2006, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CB

Imagine the same story but with all gen Chargers  :eek:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RD

that is an awesome story!  thanks for sharing.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Telvis

Sounds like a crazy old coot. Can you say paranoid? I wonder if they had any heirs.

andy74

holy shit! why cant i find stuff like that instaed of just old junk?

89MOPAR

Stutz Bearcat - that car was the cream of the crop back in its day. One of the fastest production cars made back then !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

jaak

Very Intresting story, thanks Charger Fan for sharing it

Jason

69_500

Well I can say for certain that in another 25 years or so you will see a collection like that for Chargers or at least old Mopars come up more than a few times. There are just too many people who are collecting and hoarding parts for these old cars for someone to possibly know all of them.

BigBlackDodge

I can't help but wonder sometimes whats in those old barns, any old barns,  you see along the highway. :o

BBD

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on March 12, 2006, 12:10:32 AM
I can't help but wonder sometimes whats in those old barns, any old barns,  you see along the highway. :o
I find myself wondering the same thing quite often. I wish there were an easy way to peek inside without possibly getting shot. :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 69_500 on March 11, 2006, 03:31:27 PM
Well I can say for certain that in another 25 years or so you will see a collection like that for Chargers or at least old Mopars come up more than a few times. There are just too many people who are collecting and hoarding parts for these old cars for someone to possibly know all of them.
:iagree:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

squeakfinder

I guess we should be thankful for the occasional nutball's.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

PocketThunder

So these guys were just like the rest of us .... a bunch of projects cars laying around and none of them on the road!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

that is crazy.. wonder what his goal was though? why collect them if you can't enjoy them or sell them? heck with those shoddy barns.. he couldn't really even go out there and look at them to enjoy them very well
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

reused nails?!..
drove old VWs!?..
I Guess he kind'a lost touch, and not just automotivley,..

but here's the part that got me..

"Occasionally he would sell some parts to raise cash. Rather than dipping
into his cache, he would labor for hours making copies of the original
parts by hand."  :-\

Crazy Larry

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 12, 2006, 11:26:45 PM
that is crazy.. wonder what his goal was though? why collect them if you can't enjoy them or sell them? heck with those shoddy barns.. he couldn't really even go out there and look at them to enjoy them very well
trav

If he was anything like my 94 year old grandfather - logic would not be first priority in his daily activities.  ;)

squeakfinder

I didn't live through the depression. But my grandparents did. After they were gone we had to clean out two buildings on there property. These were small two bedroom houses. I think we had to have 7 twenty yard dumpsters/dropboxes brought in to clean the place up. Most of it really was junk. Old clothes, newspapers, tin cans, milk jugs. Why keep all this crap? Its just something most of us can't relate to when you go through a 7 year drought in the midwest. Or having to thank your boss every day for your crummy job that paid a dollar a day. Its 50 years of "Save it somebody might need it some day"mentality. I'm betting there was a lot of crap on that property that got thrown out.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

4402tuff4u

Cool story CF! Thanks for sharing. Kind of sad because they probably did not know the true value of what they had. They could have lived a better life?? maybe.

I sometimes wonder the same of these Chargers we all find and the responses we always get "not for sale...I'm going to restore it" meanwhile we see them year after year rotting away in the elements. :icon_smile_sad:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"