News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm making another batch of the daytona wing braces.

Started by hotrod98, March 08, 2006, 09:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I've had several guys asking if I had any more sets of the daytona braces. I didn't make any extras the last time so I've decided to make another batch. The price will be $70 per set plus shipping. The set consists of all six pieces and will be bare steel. We used an original set to copy so they are exactly like the originals including thickness, bends, stiffeners, angles and holes. All you have to do is bolt them together using your bolts and install them. The last time we made up 11 sets and everyone seemed to be pleased with the results. Rene (bigblocksam) donated his originals and we had to be careful not to mix his originals up with the repros. They were that close. To make it simple, I'm going to just charge $10.00 per set shipping (fedex) within the 48 states. For Canada, just pm me and we'll find out what the actual cost would be.

If you want a set, send a check for $80 along with your shipping address:

Larry Roper
814 Rockside Drive
Greenwood, AR 72936

I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before ordering them to make sure everyone that wants a set can get in on this. A couple of guys missed out last time. It may be quite a while before I make more of these. It's a little time consuming since they have to be welded and packaged for shipping. The fab shop will probably take about a week and I'll weld them the same day that I pick them up.

Here's a pic of the last batch that I made along with the originals on the left.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Blown70

daytonalo

HEY LARRY , ON BEHALF OF DAYTONA FANS ,THANK YOU FOR GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY . IF YOU NEED YOUR SET POWDERCOATED SEMI-GLOSS BLACK WILL DO FOR NO CHARGE FOR YOUR SET FOR YOUR TROUBLES ! SENDING OFF 160.00 TODAY FOR TWO SETS .   
                                                                                                                                                   LARRY

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

why don't you make some fully functional daytona noses, i'll take two of them  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

I wish...
I have a friend that is an excellent fiberglass guy as well as an engineer, so to speak. If I were to provide him with all of the nose components, I would bet money that this guy could build a completed nose assy ready to install. I'll mention it to him again. I think that if something like this were available, that a lot more guys would build these clones.
Also, I talked to Gean Gregory about the superbird wing braces. He mentioned that the main difference as far as he could remember was an additional washer welded to the top of one of the braces and the lower tabs were different. I really need to find an original set to go by so that I can build some bird wing braces as well. They might be completely different for all I know. For my wife's bird, I'll just modify a set of the daytona braces as needed, but it would be nice to be able to sell a correct piece for the bird guys.

Charles Addams

kab69440

Those wing braces were beautiful, and look great installed, even when you do not posess a wing to use them with. I put up a pic of one of them in Strat's trunk mat thread in "General Q&A". My thanks again, Larry! Any chance of stamping out metal wing washers to go with them??
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

wetfeetmi

Thanks, Larry, I will get a money order for you as soon as I can get to the post office. I need 1 set. Rick

BigBlockSam

yes wing washers . i'll take two sets and a large coke please
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

BMC440

RD

larry,
count me in, do you have a paypal account?  I am pretty much a computer/plastic buyer and have since moved away from checks.  If not, then I can slap in a money order to you.  let me know k?

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Roth68rt

I'll take a set as well, checks in the mail. 

Steve

hotrod98

I plan to place the order for the wing braces with the fab shop on March 27th. If you want a set, please let me know by the 26th. This may be the last batch that I make for quite a while. $80 inc shipping in the 48 states.

Charles Addams

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

wetfeetmi

My money order went in today's (3/15) mail. Sorry for the delay, couldn't get to the post office any sooner. Rick

hotrod98

Not a problem. As long as your name is on my list, I'll make a set of the braces for you, and you guys are on the list.
At this point it's more important to be on the list than to have sent the money. I think that right now, I have 12 sets spoken for.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

LARRY , THANK YOU FOR GOING OUT OUT OF YOUR WAY FOR US . I SENT A CHECK FOR TWO SETS , DID YOU RECEIVE IT ?. I HOPE THEY ARE GOING TO BE BARE STEEL

hotrod98

Larry,
I received your check on Monday. They will be bare steel this time. Unless the fab shop is backlogged, they should have them finished by April 3rd. I'll weld them and ship them out immediately.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

GREAT , COULD YOU GIVE ME ANSWER SOON TO THE MESSAGE I SENT YOU , THANK YOU . IF YOU WANT YOURS POWDERCOATED LET ME KNOW .

TomP

I'm a newbie here, but I'm in for a set.  I've got a '70 Charger parts car that's just dieing (literally) to become a Daytona Clone.  Check will be in the mail today.
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

hotrod98

Tom,
You're on the list. They should ship out around the middle of April at the latest.
Oh, and welcome to the site. We have a lot of fun here sometimes.  ;D

Charles Addams

TomP

Thanks for the welcome.   I've been waffling back and forth about whether to sell the extra 70 Charger I have or build a Daytona clone.   The discussion here sold me on keeping it and building it up.  Thanks!

My 70 Charger, 70 Challenger and 74 Duster are all going in for paint next month, which means I need a new project.

Now, I wonder if I can get a hold of one of the cast aluminum wings and if anybody near Northern California has a Vega hatchback they want to part with?
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

hotrod98

Every so often, Dane Gjesdal builds a few sets of the aluminum wings. I bought a couple of sets last year. His sig on here is daytonaguy.
There's another guy that will list a set every so often on e-bay or you might  post a thread for a set in the wanted classified section here on the forum. A few guys have bought them and then decided to go fiberglass for the weight difference.
If you're not in a hurry, you could contact Don Currie. He is planning to build steel wings in the near future for the daytonas. You can check out his website at:    http://www.islandserve.com/~dc99/  The steel wings weigh almost the same as the original wings.
The steel superbird wing in the photos is the wing that he just built for my superbird clone. I also had him build a nose, fender extensions, fender scoops, hood extension (steel) and wing washers. As time goes on he'll expand and eventually provide most of the parts needed for either a daytona or superbird conversion. I'm planning to wait on him to get going on the daytona parts before building my daytona clone.

If you're in a hurry, Stinger builds a one piece fiberglass wing that looks pretty good and it's relatively inexpensive.

If you decide to sell the extra charger, gary42 on this forum is looking for one to build a daytona. He bought my extra wing set and now all he needs is a car to put it on.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Last call.
I'm going to place the order for the wing brace parts on Monday, March 27th.
For those of you that said that you wanted a set and haven't sent a check yet, just pm me and let me know if you still want the braces. I'll leave your name on the list.
For those of you that haven't ordered a set yet, please do so by Sunday night. I'll check my mail Monday morning before placing the order.
I'm trying to not leave anyone out this time. I plan to build a couple of extra sets just in case.
With steel prices and fab shop labor costs going up, this may be the cheapest price you'll ever see for these braces. $80 inc shipping

Charles Addams

Blown70

I assume mine made it or at least the delivery confirmations says so.  Check has not cleared the bank.....What you waiting for Larry :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Quote from: Blown70 on March 27, 2006, 10:03:21 AM
I assume mine made it or at least the delivery confirmations says so. Check has not cleared the bank.....What you waiting for Larry :icon_smile_big:
Tom,
Your payment has been received and I ordered the pieces this morning. The fab shop is going to call me back and give me a delivery date. They talked like they could get them out pretty quick. I hope to weld them the same day that I pick them up from the fab shop and with a little luck, I might get started shipping them out later this week or at least early next week. I'll post the progress on this thread.

Charles Addams

Blown70

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 27, 2006, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on March 27, 2006, 10:03:21 AM
I assume mine made it or at least the delivery confirmations says so. Check has not cleared the bank.....What you waiting for Larry :icon_smile_big:
Tom,
Your payment has been received and I ordered the pieces this morning. The fab shop is going to call me back and give me a delivery date. They talked like they could get them out pretty quick. I hope to weld them the same day that I pick them up from the fab shop and with a little luck, I might get started shipping them out later this week or at least early next week. I'll post the progress on this thread.

I hope you do not think I was rushing you?  I was just hoping you would wonder by the bank. 

BIG THANKS FOR DOING THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

hotrod98

Didn't think that at all. Even though I'm not building any braces for me this time, I still get a little excited when doing anything that has to do with Daytonas. Heck, I had a dream this morning that I saw 4 Daytonas driving around here in town. We have a lot of muscle cars around here, but only one wing car and it's a real Superbird...no Daytonas.   ::)

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

so your dreaming about wing cars, welcome to the club  :icon_smile_cool:

hotrod98

I wonder what Dr. Freud would have said about my dreaming about Daytonas and not the Superbirds. Maybe I associate myself with chargers more so than runners. ;D

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Oh yeah, I forgot...the daytona wing brace parts have been ordered.

Charles Addams