News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear suspension / pinion snubber question

Started by haueter66, March 12, 2006, 07:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haueter66

I have brand new heavy duty detroit leaf springs.  I also have brand new kyb gas shocks.  I installed the adjustable pinion snubber (the threaded one) and at its lowest adjustment it is only about 3/4" away from the floor.  So, obviously, when I hit any little bump in the road I get a nice loud bump on my floor board.

Any thoughts here?  Is there any option to go with a taller or stronger shock?

Ghoste

If you bought the Mopar Peformance one, it is actually designed to be used with their Super Stck leaf springs which have more camber to their arch.  MP seem to forget that little detail.
You can cut the rubber down or get the springs re-arched or not run it on the street or get one of those new threaded adjustable ones which will go a llittle lower.  If you can, you might also try getting a custom bumper fabbed together for the one you have.

haueter66

Ghoste

Hmmm, in that case, stronger shocks may work.  I have the threaded type on my 67 with new HD springs and it was banging to the point that I only used the thing at the dragstrip.  This year I put in heavier shocks and I can run the snubber on the street.  It still hits on the big dips but I can live with that.  Seems to me I run it without the lock collar.   Or do I?  I better check before I say for sure.

haueter66

What do you use for heavier shocks?  I just ordered whatever kyb said was correct for my car.

Ghoste

I put in a set of Comp Engineering drag shocks.  The old ones were just worn out part store cheapies.