News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Hemi Charger For Sale.....(dusty 'Bird in pic)

Started by A383Wing, March 16, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

Looks like a 1969 cyclone spoiler in front of the S'Bird

It is in Bethalto, IL, right near St. Louis...anyone know the cars?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

TheAutoArchaeologist

I don't, but I emailed the guy.  See what he says.

Mytur Binsdirti

Those General Lee wheels must add a whopping 20 bucks to the value.   :lol:

Ghoste

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 16, 2014, 11:25:46 PM
Looks like a 1969 cyclone spoiler in front of the S'Bird

It is in Bethalto, IL, right near St. Louis...anyone know the cars?

Yes, looks like a long nose Spoiler II Cale car. 

Ghoste

Is it correct for it to have that hood scoop, I thought the Ford aero cars all had flat hoods?

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on March 17, 2014, 08:25:58 AM
Is it correct for it to have that hood scoop, I thought the Ford aero cars all had flat hoods?

Correct, should be no hood scoop on a Spoiler II.

wingcar

I have seen many "short nose" Spoiler II's with a hood scoop....but not on the aero nose editions
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

Quote from: wingcar on March 17, 2014, 10:51:41 AM
I have seen many "short nose" Spoiler II's with a hood scoop....but not on the aero nose editions
You are correct, sir.

rob-dirt

WOW - Still Out Their Tucked Away Since 1975 - 70 K and it could be in your garage

Davtona

Finally a "Barn Find" that actually looks like its in a barn.  :lol:  Well wether he wanted it or not the whole world knows what he has now.  The emails are flying I'm sure. Probably more questions about the bird than the 66.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Davtona on March 17, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

Finally a "Barn Find" that actually looks like its in a barn.  :lol:  Well wether he wanted it or not the whole world knows what he has now.  The emails are flying I'm sure. Probably more questions about the bird than the 66.

Yeap. maybe I can trade him something for the 'Bird...  :lol:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

rob-dirt

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 17, 2014, 12:53:09 PM
Quote from: Davtona on March 17, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

Yeap. maybe I can trade him something for the 'Bird...  :lol:

Go For it Troy  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:- he also has a Daytona for 90k  :popcrn: :popcrn:

hemi68charger

Quote from: rob-dirt on March 17, 2014, 01:03:43 PM
Go For it Troy.................  he also has a Daytona for 90k  :popcrn: :popcrn:

Got one of those already.....  :D

But, he has a Daytona too !!!?? What, this cat's got a lot........... Wonder if I know him.......
Troy

JB400

69_500

Just curious but did any of you guys actually get ahold of the guy? Not interested in the Bird, but that spoiler would look good here at my place. Then again a Daytona would look better.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I talked to him.  Really nice guy.  I might be going down there to see and shoot the cars.

I will keep you all updated.

Ryan

Dave Kanofsky

he also has a Daytona for 90k  :popcrn: :popcrn:

Where is the ad for that, and is there any pic's?  I looked at his EBay other items and it's just an E-body luggage rack... :shruggy:

BTW - the Charger is sold
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69_500

Ryan if you wind up getting a chance to see the cars let me know, it's only a few hours from me here. I would even drive the 500 over.

rob-dirt

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 17, 2014, 04:26:34 PM
he also has a Daytona for 90k  :popcrn: :popcrn:

DAVE THEIR IS NO ADD JUST CALL TAKED TO HIM THIS MORNING  THE PHONE # IS IN THE ADD ON EBAY

Where is the ad for that, and is there any pic's?  I looked at his EBay other items and it's just an E-body luggage rack... :shruggy:

BTW - the Charger is sold

DAVE THEIR IS NO ADD JUST CALL HIM TAKED TO HIM THIS MORNING HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT ALL HE HAS  THE PHONE # IS IN THE ADD ON EBAY

gymratt30

I talked to him today also... said hes had 2 or 3 calls on the charger and 25 on the bird  (charger is now sold to somebody in Texas)... ( I asked ..was the guy's name Troy.lol
The bird was originally  6pk auto bench car. (now has nom 4sp and a dana) 70K for the Bird,\...Then there's the Daytona, 440 auto console, black interior, matching number , with a build sheet. 80K buys it......AND THEN,,,, there's the 70 HEMI cuda HIGH optioned car with 20K original miles. says hes owned it 40plus years..said it will take a pretty penny to buy it (200K) ...If anybody is interested,,,, better Hurry.. told me RK motors was heading there tomorrow or next day. We had a good conversation He said he knows the market is down, But he owns 50 plus cars.. and running out of room.
" he who hesitates, is lost"

Doug I wish for the clubs sake, I would have asked for the VINs ,(got caught up in the descriptions of the cars and forgot to ask) But I feel like he would have told me if I would have asked. just too show how many people are calling he put me on hold twice to tell guys he would call them back.

"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: gymratt30 on March 17, 2014, 05:46:19 PM
I talked to him today also... said hes had 2 or 3 calls on the charger and 25 on the bird  (charger is now sold to somebody in Texas)... ( I asked ..was the guy's name Troy.lol)  
The bird was originally  6pk auto bench car. (now has nom 4sp and a dana) 70K for the Bird,\...Then there's the Daytona, 440 auto console, black interior, matching number , with a build sheet. 80K buys it......AND THEN,,,, there's the 70 HEMI cuda HIGH optioned car with 20K original miles. says hes owned it 40plus years..said it will take a pretty penny to buy it (200K) ...If anybody is interested,,,, better Hurry.. told me RK motors was heading there tomorrow or next day. We had a good conversation He said he knows the market is down, But he owns 50 plus cars.. and running out of room.

Doug I wish for the clubs sake, I would have asked for the VINs ,(got caught up in the descriptions of the cars and forgot to ask) But I feel like he would have told me if I would have asked. just too show how many people are calling he put me on hold twice to tell guys he would call them back.

DAMN we just fond the Holy Grail guys!! Wish I had the money to but all the cars :drool5: :drool5:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

chargerman69

He's close to 900kms away from me thats to bad i wood have loved to go look at them