News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Hemi Charger For Sale.....(dusty 'Bird in pic)

Started by A383Wing, March 16, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davtona

Quote from: Devil on March 22, 2014, 02:32:13 PM

It's a scam in the sense that the guy is full of it.

Ya the guy will never pull this off probably-hopefully. But it's no scam in the sense that someone came up with this idea of how to profit off of or gain a moment of fame from this guys hard work and love for the hobby. Now like it or not because he made the mistake of including the Superbird in the Ebay ad he has to deal with guys like this. I'm very confident the guy is no dummy and will not fall for this but why should he have to deal with it at all?

held1823

if anyone (other than me, of course) is going to score that daytona, i hope it's danny. he drove the c500 out there, and is well versed in the troy-trade theory.

i suppose i could settle for the hemi r/t 'vert...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69_500

No deal on a trade. Now no deal on making it back home at a decent hour. Broke down on interstate. Made ten calls to locate someone near with a trailer. No deal yet. So if anyone knows of a anyone near Effingham, I am stuck here in the 500. Road side diagnosis would be broken suspension piece. Not sure what exactly,but it's not major but not drivable.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 69_500 on March 22, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
No deal on a trade. Now no deal on making it back home at a decent hour. Broke down on interstate. Made ten calls to locate someone near with a trailer. No deal yet. So if anyone knows of a anyone near Effingham, I am stuck here in the 500. Road side diagnosis would be broken suspension piece. Not sure what exactly,but it's not major but not drivable.

I know this is late, but if you don't find anyone, I know a guy just north in Champaign. 

69_500

Located a trailer, my wife is en route with it. Looks like a late night. Might get home in time to see sun rise

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 69_500 on March 22, 2014, 09:44:30 PM
Located a trailer, my wife is en route with it. Looks like a late night. Might get home in time to see sun rise

Get home, find out what's wrong, turn around and come up to the Chicago Mopar Swap and get what you need....

Or just drag the car up here, we'll fix it in my garage.

69_500

I think once I get it home I will be going to bed. Whatever is broke can wait to be fixed. Do not have a flashlight with me, or I would still be out there checking it ou. Could not feel anything lose on the suspension, but something is not right. Keeps binding up at the wheel on drivers side.
Control arm? Idler arm? Caliper bolt broke and binding up on rotor? Not sure just know it's better to wait for trailer than to try to drive it the 175 miles to house.

Davtona

Sorry to hear this Danny. Best of luck! Get everything home in one piece.

69charger2002

Dang Danny that sucks! Be careful loading up and going home.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 69_500 on March 22, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
I think once I get it home I will be going to bed. Whatever is broke can wait to be fixed. Do not have a flashlight with me, or I would still be out there checking it ou. Could not feel anything lose on the suspension, but something is not right. Keeps binding up at the wheel on drivers side.
Control arm? Idler arm? Caliper bolt broke and binding up on rotor? Not sure just know it's better to wait for trailer than to try to drive it the 175 miles to house.

Hum, could be any of those things.  Get home safe. 

69_500

It's all good. Things break on these cars. 40+ years old . Probably not smartest thing to take off 230 miles from house for first test run of year but hey it was a good cruise over.

Davtona

Why do I think last I remember you have like a 4:10 gear in the rear of the 500. At least the voltage regulator is still working huh.  ;)

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 22, 2014, 12:08:57 AM
:popcrn: :shruggy:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4380247070.html

"I have located three very ,very rare mopars.stored in a barn in the Midwest since 1975,these cars are finally for sale. 1,70 superbird,6 pac car, a/t white,still has original paint,and very solid and complete. 2 69 charger Daytona,hemi orange440 car, 3 69 charger 500. I need an investor that understands mopar. I am a mopar master craftsman,and can bring these cars back to life with ease,but need purchasing power. bird is 65k,daytona is 85k,and the 500 is 35k. after I spend some time and love on these cars,values triple,or don't touch them,leave the dirt on,and sell them barn fresh,and double investment. this opportunity will only be available for a very short time,as we all know the feeding frenzy barn fresh mopars create. once word gets out,its over,they will be gone. many other cars also in barn. I have many references,and completed mopar projects to showcase my workmanship. call Rich soon! 774 641 3014"

who is the scammer here :shruggy:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 23, 2014, 10:01:48 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 22, 2014, 12:08:57 AM
:popcrn: :shruggy:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4380247070.html

"I have located three very ,very rare mopars.stored in a barn in the Midwest since 1975,these cars are finally for sale. 1,70 superbird,6 pac car, a/t white,still has original paint,and very solid and complete. 2 69 charger Daytona,hemi orange440 car, 3 69 charger 500. I need an investor that understands mopar. I am a mopar master craftsman,and can bring these cars back to life with ease,but need purchasing power. bird is 65k,daytona is 85k,and the 500 is 35k. after I spend some time and love on these cars,values triple,or don't touch them,leave the dirt on,and sell them barn fresh,and double investment. this opportunity will only be available for a very short time,as we all know the feeding frenzy barn fresh mopars create. once word gets out,its over,they will be gone. many other cars also in barn. I have many references,and completed mopar projects to showcase my workmanship. call Rich soon! 774 641 3014"

who is the scammer here :shruggy:

The guy Rich is the scammer.  He did talk to the owner and try to setup a time to see the cars, but they never talked prices or such.  So this guy is just fishing for money.

69_500

Davtona your right I did have 4.10 in it. Now she went on a diet and is wearing a 2.76 rear end, plus upgraded to 15" rims. Cruises sweet now at highway speeds. Well did until yesterday. Pulled in to my driveway at 7 am this morning . Had to wait for trailer then ramp on trailer broke. Had to rig it up long enough to get car up. Then had to build a ramp here at the house to get car off trailer. Now it's back I. The garage awaiting diagnosis.

Ryan, the guy told me yesterday he had spoke to guy in Boston. Not sure if he gave him prices or not, but he did give me prices on the cars. But was not sure he wanted to actually sell any of them.

RallyeMike

Sorry to hear about your misfortune on your road trip. It gonna happen if you drive them enough, but still worth it!

I'm interested to hear about the 500 - colors, options, the long story.... etc.  and of course if it's a known car or not.  :dance:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 69_500 on March 23, 2014, 12:36:40 PM
Davtona your right I did have 4.10 in it. Now she went on a diet and is wearing a 2.76 rear end, plus upgraded to 15" rims. Cruises sweet now at highway speeds. Well did until yesterday. Pulled in to my driveway at 7 am this morning . Had to wait for trailer then ramp on trailer broke. Had to rig it up long enough to get car up. Then had to build a ramp here at the house to get car off trailer. Now it's back I. The garage awaiting diagnosis.

Ryan, the guy told me yesterday he had spoke to guy in Boston. Not sure if he gave him prices or not, but he did give me prices on the cars. But was not sure he wanted to actually sell any of them.

He said the same to me. That he had talked too the guy, and were arranging to see the cars. But hadn't talked about if they were for sale or prices. Guess he has thought more about it.

69_500

The 500 was a car that was known. The VIN was already. In my list.

Ryan. He had told me prices on all cars a week ago when I had first talked to him. Did not discuss prices on anything yesterday.

500 was rough. Crawled under it to try to check numbers on drivetrain. Trans is out of a 70, so not matching. Engine I could not get to. Had to be a contortionist just to get under far enough to read trans. Plus block was covered in dirt and grease so could not make out any numbers. Car would need completely stripped. Trunk had about 4-5 inches of diet/pebbles in it. Plus carpet out of another car, so trunk floor was shot. Frame rails appeared solid though. Minor rust in lower quarters, my guess is from the dirt and such allowing moisture to stay in the trunk. Interior. Console cracked. Seat in rear could be om with good cleaning. Fronts need fixed as it was hard and cracked as you tried to put weight on it. Car has hood pins on it currently, but could not get hood open to see anything in the engine compartment. Rear window trim and glass was all present and in good shape. Could not find a pillar chrome pieces though. They were not on car, in it, or stored anywhere around it.

wingman(22)

Quote from: odcics2 on March 21, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: Stevearino on March 21, 2014, 03:28:21 PM
It's probably silly to even ask. But what kind of money are they asking for the Allison car?

Allison car?   Where???      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If someone bought that car thinking it was a real Mario Rossi- Bobby Allison driven race car, they were taken....

Why is it not a real Rossi car?

TheAutoArchaeologist

I will get more information when I to shoot it here in a week or two.  I was told it was.

ACUDANUT

Thanks for the Video link Devil.  Man was it short. :brickwall:

odcics2

Quote from: wingman(22) on March 24, 2014, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on March 21, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: Stevearino on March 21, 2014, 03:28:21 PM
It's probably silly to even ask. But what kind of money are they asking for the Allison car?

Allison car?   Where???      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If someone bought that car thinking it was a real Mario Rossi- Bobby Allison driven race car, they were taken....

Why is it not a real Rossi car?

This car does not exhibit the typical Nichels style of construction quality.
Before anyone signs off on this, it needs to be thoroughly documented with a vintage paper trail
consisting of photos showing various parts or areas of the car that have survived from Day 1.

It has Nichels parts on it, but those were easily bought back in the day.  
ALL MoPar stock car parts came from Ray Nichels from 1964 to the end of 1970,
except the Pettys.  But when the Pettys came back in 1970, the two SuperBirds were made by Nichels.
When you consider Nascar, USAC, IMCA, ARCA, and local tracks, there were a lot of MoPars out there.
Lesser teams would also copy build techniques, like seat installation, for example.

Ryan - your reputation is on the line!    :Twocents:  

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: Devil on March 24, 2014, 01:35:42 PM
I will get more information when I to shoot it here in a week or two.  I was told it was.

Hi Ryan,

any new pics/information?

Carsten

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on May 21, 2014, 05:40:39 PM
Quote from: Devil on March 24, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

Hi Ryan,

any new pics/information?

Carsten

I haven't been back, they got busy and I got busy and we couldn't come together to shoot the items.

After Power Tour we're going to work at getting together to more fully document cars and history.

I did submit the article on this Barn Find though.  Should see it in Muscle Car Review here in a few months.  And as submitted, it does say that I got the lead from www.dodgecharger.com.  Will they edit that out, I don't know.  But that's how I sent it in!

Ryan