News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Hemi Charger For Sale.....(dusty 'Bird in pic)

Started by A383Wing, March 16, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sorry I just got home from the trip.  I made another stop.... I will post that later.  But first your questions.

He does not accept check, sorry.  Wire transfer, yes!

Dave, the Daytona was mint.  It had been in the back of that trailer under a cover of some sort completely out of the elements for decades. 

The bike is a 1946 Indian Chief he told me.  It is not his, it is his fathers.  The father bought it in the mid-50's.  It was not for sale.  The Vega was a Cosworth.

Most of the cars he said he drove to where they are sitting.  Only a handful he got as projects were non-runners.

A383Wing

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 18, 2014, 11:16:20 PM
Trifecta - 500, Daytona, and Superbird  :coolgleamA:

don't ferget the Ford Aero car....he's got 4 out of the 5....unless the 5th one is hiding somewhere

A383Wing

TheAutoArchaeologist

In the video I shot, I get up close and personal with the Talladega.

chargerman69

How was the 500 over all, what do you think its worth?

TheAutoArchaeologist

I have no idea on the 500.  I know with all the attention he has been getting, he has decided not to sell any of the other cars. 

How about this though... the original Bobby Allison 69 Daytona pulled from a yard in California.

Ryan

chargerman69

TheAutoArchaeologist

HANDM

I used to like looking at these sorts of things but now all I see is a typical frickin hoarder, makes me want to throw up......... I'm shocked that he's selling anything.  ::)

ACUDANUT

JB400

That is a great collection of cars, but it'd be awesome if he had the other Mercury as well.  The Dan Gurney Cyclone.

hergfest

WS27J9???  Wow. So the Daytona sold for $90k and he isn't selling anything else?

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Devil on March 19, 2014, 09:25:05 PM
I have no idea on the 500.  I know with all the attention he has been getting, he has decided not to sell any of the other cars. 

How about this though... the original Bobby Allison 69 Daytona pulled from a yard in California.

Ryan

That is to bad!! Awesome find on the daytona! There is still soms great stuff to find  :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

XS29J

Quote from: HANDM on March 19, 2014, 11:16:18 PM
I used to like looking at these sorts of things but now all I see is a typical frickin hoarder, makes me want to throw up......... I'm shocked that he's selling anything.  ::)

That may be one way to look at it BUT as a "fellow" hoarder as you call him  I would more likely call him a true enthusiast of cool cars who had the means at the time and love for the cars to "save" what he could. I would love to hear story of each car, and I am sure he could remember in detail, "he" found/acquired them. That's the true find. Not the fact that they have now been brought to the worldwide internet and he will be bombarded with exactly what kept all those cars safe and away from being parted out or sold countless times till they were unattainable to the normal guy! Just my  :Twocents:

Aero426

Ryan

Are there more pictures of the "Daytona"?   

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: hergfest on March 20, 2014, 02:16:21 AM
WS27J9???  Wow. So the Daytona sold for $90k and he isn't selling anything else?

I talked to him yesterday, he told me nothing more was for sale then the original 66 Charger.  That's what he told me.  

billssuperbird

He told me the same thing. I ask him about some molding. Very nice person.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Devil on March 19, 2014, 07:29:19 PM
In the video I shot, I get up close and personal with the Talladega.

Link Please.  :drool5:

Aero426

The Aspen Kit car must be the still new in the wrapper one that was in magazines some years back.    That fellow had one of each aero car.   

odcics2

Ryan

I'd also like to see a few different pics of this!!  Any interior or engine bay pics?   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

tan top

good lot of pictures !! thanks for sharing Ryan
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Quote from: odcics2 on March 20, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

Ryan

I'd also like to see a few different pics of this!!  Any interior or engine bay pics?   :2thumbs:

:o :iagree:    :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sorry about not responding quicker.  I know it pisses Davtona off to no end.  But some of us are busy during the day!

There are more pictures of the NASCAR Daytona, you can see them at the bottom of this link.  But beware, there is a bear in the 64 Petty car.  If you look at the picture, you might go blind!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157642562292195/

Ryan

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Devil on March 20, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

If you really want the link to the video.  Drop me an email.  Unfortunately I narrate it, so you'll have to hear me talk for a few minutes.  I would rather not post it.

TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com

Ryan

If I watch youtube I here foks talk all the time that is no big deal. Makes it fun!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI