News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 R/T Sellers Remorse

Started by ______, March 18, 2014, 01:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

______

Long story short, out of work and bills stacking up forced me to part with my pride. Sold it to a guy in Washington. He drove down to my place in UT and picked it up while I was out of town seeking working (Mother handled it). Been having very serious sellers remorse. It's making me sick! This happened around August last year. What are the odds of finding out where it is now? I'm going to dig through my paperwork when I get home on saturday to see if I can find a copy of the bill of sale. Don't know how successful I'll be.

Anybody have a Mopar gear head friend that lives in Washington? He said he already owns a really nice Challenger I believe. Owns a small trucking business. Most everything escapes me about this event since I was so bummed to part with it. You can reach me at three-zero-7 six-7-nine 77-eight-zero with any info.

1969 Charger R/T  440/727
2006 Mega Cab - Triple turbo Cummins - 1079hp/2XXX tq

JB400

:pity: :pity: :pity:

Hope you'll be able to get it back, or another one some day.

Ghoste

Looks like a nice car in the pics and I know all too well the feeling of sellers remorse.  If you can't find that one, then I hope you can find asuitable replacement.  Good luck.

F8-4life

Doesn't seem healthy to want what you already sold.
Move on to the next car, and make it different then the last.

Ghoste

You mean you haven't had that "wish I never sold it" car guy regret yet?

myk

Why would you feel remorse?  If selling the car was something your life needed then there's nothing to feel remorseful about; being a man, an adult sometimes requires such sacrifices.  Surely, you would not only be remorseful but facing doom if you allowed whatever financial crisis to beat you, if you chose to be selfish and hold on to your car.

Try to find your car if you wish; personally I'd get another, but whatever you do don't beat yourself up too much.  You did what you had to do to survive.  Finally, here are some wise words to live by:

"Life is simple, you make your choices and don't look back..."
-Han, Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Baldwinvette77

Find another charger to love and care for  :yesnod: , theres alot out there that could use a loving owner... as long as you aren't too picky  :lol:

Cooter

Hope you find it, but don't be surprised if it costs you twice what you sold it for to get it back.
one word on selling to get by. I've eaten Bologna sandwiches and pulled some pretty nasty side work NOT to have to sell my "kids".
Ain't it funny how selling is almost always permanent,  but low times rarely are.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: ______ on March 18, 2014, 01:45:29 PM
Been having very serious sellers remorse. It's making me sick! This happened around August last year. What are the odds of finding out where it is now? I'm going to dig through my paperwork when I get home on saturday to see if I can find a copy of the bill of sale. Don't know how successful I'll be.

You never know, there could be buyers remorse.   He could be going through a phase, and might want to sell the car again.
I have a buddy and he had a beautiful 69 Camaro SS.  He sold it cause he never drives it.  Ok sure, that's fine.  Less than a year later, he ends up buying back his Camaro from the person he sold it too for more money that he sold it for.  Yes, the exact same car, no changes, no upgrades.   Go figure.

Its always good to stay in touch with the person who has your car.   You never no - circumstances can change in your favor.   :2thumbs:

HANDM

Quote from: Cooter on March 18, 2014, 06:52:57 PM
Hope you find it, but don't be surprised if it costs you twice what you sold it for to get it back.
one word on selling to get by. I've eaten Bologna sandwiches and pulled some pretty nasty side work NOT to have to sell my "kids".
Ain't it funny how selling is almost always permanent,  but low times rarely are.

Truer words were never spoken.......  :2thumbs:

Dino

Try cuda-challenger.com if you think he owns a chally.  Ask if someone there knows of the guy.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

______

Thanks all! You are all so very positive.

It's just my first real muscle car. As a kid growing up, I always fantasized about owning my own Charger one day. I saved and saved and finally at the age of 26 I was able to get one! There was a feeling of freedom driving that car that i've never felt before. A thought of ''I did it" was always on my mind. I did get a wonderful year and a half out of the car. I guess you just never forget your first.. It was a tough decision to make but keeping my business afloat and catching up my commercial insurance and truck payment trumped over keeping the car. I can always find another.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: ______ on March 19, 2014, 08:11:48 AM
Thanks all! You are all so very positive.

It's just my first real muscle car. As a kid growing up, I always fantasized about owning my own Charger one day. I saved and saved and finally at the age of 26 I was able to get one! There was a feeling of freedom driving that car that i've never felt before. A thought of ''I did it" was always on my mind. I did get a wonderful year and a half out of the car. I guess you just never forget your first.. It was a tough decision to make but keeping my business afloat and catching up my commercial insurance and truck payment trumped over keeping the car. I can always find another.

I Hope you will find your first Charger again! Every First Thing in life are special! So your first car is very special. Can you not call the buyer that you sell it to? And ask if you can buy it back?
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

CDN72SE

So I'm guessing your financial situation has now changed? Excellent for you, I probably should have sold mine years ago but the attachment is too great. Have owned my '72 for 28 years. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
1972 Charger SE

TUFCAT

Sellers remorse is a horrible feeling.  I've been there.  :'(

Moparpoolman

You may find it easier and cheaper the buy another one vs. your old Charger.  Cars for sale tend to be priced better than ones not for sale. But if you do get to buy your old car back you might have a reply to the "Did you overpay for you Charger?" thread  :brickwall:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do you still have the VIN?  

You could PM "Ghoste" with the VIN

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=71

and see if the new owner possibly Registered it in the '69 Charger Registry

PS---sweet ride & no my R/T is not your old one ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 sublime

Just be carefull what you wish for
It might be better to remember the way it was than the way you might find it to now be

I had a 69 a while back that I was selling and one of the guys that came to look at it started talking about his old car and how he wished he had it back
The more he talked and described what his last looked like it turned out that the one I had was his old car
I had done alot of work on it to get it glued back together and running again

He was not happy to see how far it had melted since he had it and no he did not buy it back

I have sold a few Chargers over the years and have felt bad for every one as I saw them go out the driveway on a trailer for the last time after all the work I had done to get them that far

But then i think if I had kept the last one I might not have the next one that I have now
Every step has been better than the last one

I say remember the old one for what it was and move on to find a new next one  :cheers:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

______

Well I've found the bill of sale and allegedly the car is in Selah WA. The gentleman who bought it is named Matt. Going out on a long shot today but I'll call him. Fingers crossed.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

tan top

:iagree:    :yesnod: fingers crossed .  let us know  what happens  :2thumbs:   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Wishing good Charger Carma (sic) to you.  :angel: