News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger wheel opening moldings

Started by Q5XX29, March 19, 2014, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

So, I can get a set of these from Summit for 149.99, or 229.99 from Classic Industries. That is quite a price difference. Does anybody know if the quality is comparable, or is this a situation of "you get what you pay for" ?
dakota_gt on Instagram

bull

I've only seen originals and one sold by Year One years ago. The Y1 part looked the same when installed but it was very flimsy compared to the original. If I had to guess I'd say most of the repros are not going to be as good as the originals so the difference may just be the price. Like I said though, my experience is limited.

fy469rtse

Yep bulls right , not as good in quality, be careful but has benefits as well,
There made thinner or softer than the originals, this helps as you are able manipulate them to fit better,
I used a low adhesion masking tape to cover fender edge to protect paint , once I finished working it to fit, removed the screws , took the tape off and refitted, I found it easiest to start at front of wheel arch and work my way around

Charger-Bodie

There are two companies making these. That's not saying the two prices you have are these two,but maybe. I hate to recommend year one ,but that's one of the few things I get there. They carry the better ones and they aren't even that bad for price on this particular item.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Q5XX29

Thanks for the tips, folks. I know the ones from Summit are made by Goodmark, and the guy I spoke with at Classic Industries said that theirs has a different part number, so perhaps it is the same as the ones sold by Year One. The price is comparable, but I had a 25% off coupon and a gift card from Classic Industries!
dakota_gt on Instagram